blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:15:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 1278 1279 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2544349 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19110 on: July 18, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »

Could you give me a vague idea on Vegas hourly compared to a) hourly on ept stops b) std week in uk?  2x? Could you guess at the variance? I imagine a few sngs/sats must help and edges seem big. Did you play any none nlhe whilst your there?
Most degen late reg?
How much of an effort do you make to keep expenses down?

If you could choose any UK reg to grind the Vegas strip for you to make the most $ in lets say 6 hours (in a performing/sign holding capacity, who would you pick?

Biggest eyeroll moment of the trip?

Hourlies 123 would be Vegas/EPT/UK being very general ofc. Doubt double though. It's too hard to answer. Some UK games are the best of the lot, but Vegas you can ofc get consistently good spots 24/7.

Variance-wise, again, how to quantify, but obv huge runner bracelet 1500, 1ks are the highest, followed by smaller field EPTs, then EPT side events, WSOP main being pretty low down on the list because of the structure/softness. Obv the main is extremely high variance in the latter stages, but just surviving and chipping up etc, seems like you should cash 1 in 4 or 1in 5 years at least. I felt like a right pussy during day 1 passing up on spots to go HAM on a tough table but I knew I could just wait for a softer table / better spot because you get SO much time.

I made a move on day 5 that I might live to regret, even though it only cost me 475k chips of my 2.5m stack, those chips are worth chunks, it was probably not worth the risk in hindsight. Having said that I made some similar moves on day 3 and 4 that all worked and contributed to my chipping up so who knows...

The sngs are high variance but obv can get the volume in (8-10per day if u commit a whole day to it) so that helps.

Didn't play any non holdem.

Most degen late reg was a horror story. I busted a wsop 1k itm on day2 and regged a 1k sat. Bust it literally in the first hand. Snap regged a $235 deepstack like a trooper. Busted that within an orbit. Then got a cab to Venetian and regged my 4th comp of the day, the 1.1k there with 20k chips at 600/1200/200. That felt pretty punty. Especially considering my eye was in bits and getting worse and worse, so much so by level 15 I could barely see the flop, or even my own cards, and was in huge pain. I couldn't bring myself to punt it off and forced myself to play through the pain. Busted at like 3am, just off the money - nut low moment of the trip by far lol.

Will Kassouf would make a fortune on the strip obv!

Eye roll moment that springs to mind was an Aussie reg saying to me after a tiny pot I beat him out of: "were you value betting the turn?" waiting like half a second then saying "you don't know, ok cool." I told him my thoughts on that lol and then doubled up through him and then busted him. He did apologise tbf to him.

Other eyerolls moments link into Vinnys question. Valentin going on about how he's a vegan nonstop. Ordering the most ridic plant food to the table, going on about how ethical it is and tasty it is and saying "Negreanu is a Vegan!" then saying how he wrote some paper when he was 19 that had worldwide recognition or some absolute bollocks. All completely unprompted. If a big pot was going on that he wasn't in, he'd just start talking to nobody, or talking to ESPN really loudly right in the middle of the pot etc.

Actually the eyeroll moment that sums him up perfectly is when he busted Maria Ho (in brutal fashion), he said sorry sorry Maria etc. Then told the whole table about how they were great friends off the table and grew up together. At the start of the day, she asked him his name Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19111 on: July 18, 2016, 12:51:56 PM »

i think you'd said that you had been on a bad run across all formats pre-Vegas

I am assuming Vegas was profitable (no need to give figures)

what work did you do to turn things round, if any?

what was it that clicked in Vegas that was missing before you went over?

once you are back from holiday what is your schedule likely to be?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #19112 on: July 18, 2016, 12:59:03 PM »

I have no idea how you go from 1k itm to 235 deepstack. I guess its a bit similar to regging the big 33 late on a sunday when the dreams are fading fast but that is serious heart. Great answers thanks for that mate.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19113 on: July 18, 2016, 01:09:24 PM »

i think you'd said that you had been on a bad run across all formats pre-Vegas

I am assuming Vegas was profitable (no need to give figures)

what work did you do to turn things round, if any?

what was it that clicked in Vegas that was missing before you went over?

once you are back from holiday what is your schedule likely to be?

I was about even going into the main so yes it was profitable.

I didn't do anything to turn things around, I have faith in my game, faith in variance and just keep going and I know things will turn around.

Before the main I was depressed about Vegas. It was my 5th series I think and my biggest ever cash there was $24k mincash+ in the main last year. That's very disappointing considering the stakes, the time commitment, the expenses involved, the huge opportunity that Vegas is.

Now it's $49k which is still not great, considering I play $50k worth of buyins each summer lol, but it's made me feel a bit better about it. It's such a big opportunity each year, I really really wanna make it pay big time one year...

I'm in Gatwick atm waiting for my connecting flight to Bordeaux. Just had my first airport shower! After I get back I'll take it reasonably easy, start some wedding planning, play some cash games if there's fun ones running, then it's UKPC and Barcelona in August.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19114 on: July 18, 2016, 01:30:34 PM »

oh and Valentino stacks in 25s. says it all....

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Lonohray2

View Profile
« Reply #19115 on: July 18, 2016, 01:35:30 PM »

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=186500

Congrats on 1M live winnings Smiley

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #19116 on: July 19, 2016, 01:05:53 AM »

Where's it all gone Wink

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: July 19, 2016, 01:30:20 AM »

Did u play a lot of cash?

Where's your fave place to play

Best place to eat?

(All in Vegas)

Played absolutely 0 cash. 10 sngs, 15 tournaments and 6 main event satellites. For me, Vegas is a punt at a score, not a grind, and I think the hourly rates are similar, not to mention I find it so boring playing cash games in Vegas.

99% volume is at the Rio but pretty sure no-one would say it was their favourite place to play! Wynn cardroom probably the nicest.

To eat? Lemongrass, Julian Serrano in Aria are both excellent. La Cave in Wynn is the nut spot for something lighter.

The best meal of this years trip was in Prime, Bellagio. Got heads up with Jack Allen for the bill, and the winner got this nice photo canvas as a souvenir of our evening! It's gonna look great on my mantlepiece Smiley

Click to see full-size image.

Was it a shit shirt night too?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19118 on: July 22, 2016, 04:03:29 PM »

Good question! Nice milestone I guess, feels pretty raw now looking back on the WSOP...what an opportunity. Always feel very flat after Vegas. Barcelona seems a long time away. Feeling great about everything though, gonna win something big there I feel Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: July 22, 2016, 05:06:03 PM »

Good question! Nice milestone I guess, feels pretty raw now looking back on the WSOP...what an opportunity. Always feel very flat after Vegas. Barcelona seems a long time away. Feeling great about everything though, gonna win something big there I feel Cheesy

The fact the Hendon Mob starts with a £10+£3 beginners night at DTD is pretty amazing!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: July 22, 2016, 06:04:02 PM »

The fact the Hendon Mob starts with a £10+£3 beginners night at DTD is pretty amazing!

I'll never forget that night. I had bailed on some Uni thing and walked to DTD from the campus on my own, much to the disgust of my Uni friends. On the way home I had £90 in my wallet and I ran like the wind, absolutely buzzing and couldn't wait to tell them. What a feeling. That feeling hasn't died even now, though it takes a bit more than £90 to get the blood pumping these days!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19121 on: July 23, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »

Biggest blind you've posted?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19122 on: July 23, 2016, 10:24:44 AM »

Biggest blind you've posted?

Biggest straddle posted...and how the action went?

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: July 23, 2016, 12:22:16 PM »

Why not

Biggest put won and biggest pot lost and did you cry on both, neither or on just one of those occasions? Smiley
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #19124 on: July 23, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »

Can you relive stacking silent Mike for me.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 1278 1279 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: