blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 1297 1298 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2543720 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #19395 on: June 12, 2018, 04:17:08 PM »

That sounds like good news ?
In a day or two Alex can go to Vegas if baby’s arrived Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19396 on: June 13, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »

Had to trawl Twitter to find the news.

Daniel Michael Goulder, Mum & Daniel doing fantastic.

Wonderful news, many congrats to Mum & Dad.

There is a lovely photo of Daniel on Twitter, but I'm not sure it's appropriate for me to post it here.

You can see it on Alex's Twitter feed though, @justalexok
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:36:03 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19397 on: June 17, 2018, 09:51:01 PM »

Thanks everyone, it's been a surreal and wonderful experience so far, tough work but so worth it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19398 on: October 01, 2018, 09:34:08 AM »

Amazed some of these guys still play football. They won though. Allegedly.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 09:36:09 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19399 on: September 14, 2019, 05:19:29 PM »

Any chance of an update Alex?

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19400 on: September 14, 2019, 06:30:17 PM »

Sure, Red. Will post one tomorrow.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19401 on: September 14, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »

Sure, Red. Will post one tomorrow.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19402 on: September 15, 2019, 11:44:36 AM »

Good morning all.

So what's new? Well Daniel is a bit larger that my last post which I see was at 6 days old...He's 15 months now, charging around causing mayhem from 630am every morning, keeping us very busy. He's fast growing out of our modest 2 bedroom flat which is near Chigwell, about 45 minutes from both central london, and my folks just south of Cambridge. So it suits us very nicely but we're looking to upsize in the next year or two. No plans for number 2 yet though!

People say it turns your life upside down but I haven't found that at all. I love it so much. It's added huge joy and meaning to it and only replaced hours of the day and activities that now seem so easily replaceable. Things like studying poker....

Which brings me to a professional update. I'm still playing a ton of cash games, but a bit shorter sessions than before Daniel, and a few more family holidays instead of poker trips. I probably average 8pm-2am and then I'm always up before 10am to spend the day with V and D. I really love the routine we're in - I get to spend a ton of time with him, help out Viktorija and still put in reasonable volume. I've played one tournament this year - the WSOP main (380th I think) and less than 10 in 2018. Much the happier for it, for so many reasons. 2018 was by a big margin my best ever year and 2019 is going to slot in at number 2 unless something drastic happens either way.

Despite results (mainly down to rungood rather than quality of games, or quality of my play (!) I promise you), I am a bit gloomy on the future. I've fallen behind the curve recently and just don't have the hunger or time to study like the other pros I'm playing with. They are so damn good (and bloody tight!) it's just impossible to beat them. The game has become so robotic, memorising grid after grid, no room for creativity or outside of the box thinking. I know at the very very top they are animals and that's amazing to watch. But at my level (£10/25 no ante full ring holdem), average raise size preflop is 2.2x, so much deceptive checking, pot controlling, tiny bets etc. It's just so tedious. And makes for a terrible game for the recreational players who are just not bothering anymore. It's no fun for them and they have such a small chance of even booking a winning session these days.

I'm doing a bit of angel investing with a couple of businessmen friends who are showing me the ropes a bit and that's quite interesting, will be really fun to see how the projects play out - a possible way out of poker if needed / wanted.

I am heading to DTD end of the month for the WPT I think, so may be see some of you there.

The way I used to upload pictures here no longer works so I'll just have to post a link to my instagram, but if you don't like baby pictures - don't bother! Some snaps from nice trips to Umbria, Portugal and Vegas this year. Oh and one memorable trip to Anfield for a rather enjoyable visit from Barcelona...

https://www.instagram.com/justalexok/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 11:46:21 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19403 on: September 15, 2019, 11:49:26 AM »

Lovely to hear from you Alex.

You really do seem to have good balance and to have got life sussed.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19404 on: September 15, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »

When I couldn't upload my holiday snaps I did think there's at least one person who'd be happy about that!

Are you well sir? I was hoping you'd pop up on my rail in your yoofful grey trackies at the wsop this summer! Was devasted to have lost my only fan!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19405 on: September 15, 2019, 12:04:44 PM »

When I couldn't upload my holiday snaps I did think there's at least one person who'd be happy about that!

Are you well sir? I was hoping you'd pop up on my rail in your yoofful grey trackies at the wsop this summer! Was devasted to have lost my only fan!

I'm fine now thanks Alex, though been a bit UTW since Vegas.

I did look out for you, but I had departed Vegas, (tail very much between legs) before the Main started. I always enjoy railing you in Vegas, it makes me feel so proud to know you.

"yoofful grey trackies", lol, behave. I seem to have aged dreadfully in the last 6 months. I'm tempted to upload a photo to prove it, but too embarrassed.

We are not supposed to say these things*, but I have enormous respect for how you conduct yourself in life.

*A few weeks ago I made the mistake of mentioning that a particular blonde was a "really nice man" & it's been snarkily quoted back at me ever since. Ah well, whatever.

Take care Alex, & love to Viktorija (sp?).  
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 12:08:52 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19406 on: September 15, 2019, 12:06:00 PM »

Thanks for the update Alex. I was going to suggest you include some real life stuff rather than confine it to poker but I needn't have worried.

It seems like all the important aspects of your life are going well and that you are wise enough to appreciate it.

Good luck to you and yours.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #19407 on: September 16, 2019, 09:15:43 PM »

This might seem a little silly, but if 10/25 is tedious as hell, and the way you describe it is making me think it will die soon due to lack of recs, is it worth looking at dropping down to 5/10 or whatever the level below is? Surely a higher winrate there is better in the long run?

Not worded this well at all I think but hopefully you'll understand the question I'm trying to ask rather than what I think it looks like I'm asking...
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19408 on: September 16, 2019, 09:34:43 PM »

Cheers for the update and to hear about the life you've carved out for your family. Crazy to think your first post in this diary is over 8 years ago.

sola virtus nobilitat
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19409 on: September 16, 2019, 10:41:17 PM »

This might seem a little silly, but if 10/25 is tedious as hell, and the way you describe it is making me think it will die soon due to lack of recs, is it worth looking at dropping down to 5/10 or whatever the level below is? Surely a higher winrate there is better in the long run?

Not worded this well at all I think but hopefully you'll understand the question I'm trying to ask rather than what I think it looks like I'm asking...

A fair question indeed!

The next smallest is 2/5 at the Vic and it doesn't run all that often. It's not an option for me. If the time comes where I should move that far down, it's time to move on and focus on something new. Not to sniff at those stakes, far from it, but I always want to feel like I'm progressing in life rather than regressing.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 1297 1298 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: