blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143295 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »

Couldn't touch Lewis at 7/1.

Strikes me as the sort of player who will sit back on success aind stroll through 2011 taking the increased dosh he will earn from exhibitions and not work on his game like Taylor always has.

I maybe wrong but even if I am, 7/1 sounds about right, not stunning value with several other players hungry for their first PDC crown. Anderson, Whitlock and Wade all more likely to win it than Lewis imo.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »

GL with this blog'age Clompy.

I would like to know....

WPIL (excluding me obv) and why?

Favourite alcoholic drink?

Why don't u play pokerz on-line isn't it?

What annoys you the most (non-poker)?

Ahem....

Last question is easy. National Lottery 'In It To Win It', that quiz with Dale Winton. I have many questions about this pile of mince and it tilts me so badly. Had forgotten how much until I saw it again for the first time in ages last night.
It was a four-way chop for around £16k each. Amazing really. One of the four knew the answer to his question, the state capital of California, the other three somehow managed to guess correctly. Three x 2-1 shots, a nice 26-1 treble.
Incred really. Reckon there must have been ten guesses last night and most were correct. How's that work?
Does anyone know anyone that's been on one of these quiz shows? Where the ^&*^% do they find them?
Stick someone like Tighty on there and he'd get them all right. And would TID with the MOF. But that wouldn't be good for the show. They need players rotating. So they seem to pick idiots.
The bird that got the first seven questions right last night to stick £35k in the prize fund - since when did the Beeb have 60 bags to give away on a weekly quiz? - had to answer 'The Cape of Good Hope lies at the tip of which continent?' to get back on winners' row.
She then struggled to think of a continent before going for...America. WTF!
Do they have to fail an audition to get on this? Reckon that used to be the case on 100 per cent too. Know a guy that went on there and he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the box.
Aaargh, tilting again just thinking about it.

Funny you should say that, the wife got a text last night from one of her pals saying to put it on as a girl she worked with was on. She guessed the Thought Police were in 1984 for her £16k, ironic as she is plod herself.
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »

Couldn't touch Lewis at 7/1.

Strikes me as the sort of player who will sit back on success aind stroll through 2011 taking the increased dosh he will earn from exhibitions and not work on his game like Taylor always has.

I maybe wrong but even if I am, 7/1 sounds about right, not stunning value with several other players hungry for their first PDC crown. Anderson, Whitlock and Wade all more likely to win it than Lewis imo.
I think 7/1 is an overeaction, I would be amazed if he was shorter than come mid December.As you say motivation will more than likely be his biggest problem this year as this seems to be a problem for young players who win majors early in their career.I don't think Lewis averaged over 100 once at the World Champs and his average in the Final was the 2nd lowest in the last 6 years(the other being Part in 08, which was a freak year).
It will be more interesting to see how Taylor responds imo as Taylors A game is virtually unbeatable.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »

If there was a Towcester meeting every day I'd have more $$$ than Tikay. Love the place but it doesn't half get scary sometimes.

Fancied horse pulls hard? Place lay it. If it still looks to be going well down the back straight? Place lay it again. And again. Anything 1.5 or lower. Lay it again. Then hold your breath and hope it stops up that hill. That hill is a killer.

The hilarious ongoing jape on the betty forum is that Towcester is uphill the whole way round. Arf arf. But the final half-mile or so is all uphill. After however many miles already in the mud. And they finish out on their feet.

Emperor Charlie just gave me a scare in the 1.25 but stopped and was nabbed jumping the last, finishing fourth. Scary shit though.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2011, 02:16:14 PM »

Lewis@7-1 seems skinny to me. Don't see him playing that world champs form week in week out, just look at last years results for proof.

I'd rather take taylor on with someone like wade at 7-1-who has won this before, but tbh taylor at 7-4 looks huge. If it was based on the regular season i'd have to have a lump on the ego maniac.

Can't see him not coming back stronger from this upset, like said before ITT- on his A game he's untouchable.

Loving the diary chomps, especially the OP mentioning my golf convo prowess!

Ummmm couple of questions, any tips, any tips and errr any tips please?

Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »

If there was a Towcester meeting every day I'd have more $$$ than Tikay. Love the place but it doesn't half get scary sometimes.

Fancied horse pulls hard? Place lay it. If it still looks to be going well down the back straight? Place lay it again. And again. Anything 1.5 or lower. Lay it again. Then hold your breath and hope it stops up that hill. That hill is a killer.

The hilarious ongoing jape on the betty forum is that Towcester is uphill the whole way round. Arf arf. But the final half-mile or so is all uphill. After however many miles already in the mud. And they finish out on their feet.

Emperor Charlie just gave me a scare in the 1.25 but stopped and was nabbed jumping the last, finishing fourth. Scary shit though.

what do you think about only backing horses with course and distance form at Towcester? I can never bring myself to even consider a horse that has never run there before?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »

Makes sense to me Boldie. Another one just cracked in the last after pulling hard, that thing ridden by wardrobe Thornton. Gimme Hexham and Towcester double headers in the rain every day and I'd be most pleased.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »

Shocked or not so much?

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/bha-howard-johnson-faces-ban-over-welfare-breaches/806744/top/

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »

Sure am. You?

Always thought he was a bizarre choice for Graham Wylie. Never quite understood what was going on there, picking up Mark Prescott horses with inflated handicap marks for mega dimes to send them hurdling with a lesser trainer. They've had one or two along the way obv but would love to see the Wylie bottom line.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 05:08:14 PM »

Sure am. You?

Always thought he was a bizarre choice for Graham Wylie. Never quite understood what was going on there, picking up Mark Prescott horses with inflated handicap marks for mega dimes to send them hurdling with a lesser trainer. They've had one or two along the way obv but would love to see the Wylie bottom line.

Not so much shocked at the doping thing tbh but the main one for me is the neurectomy which implies very blatant cheating indeed. (Though I don't know exactly what the benefit of this is other than "it keeps running through pain") He must have known this was against the rules, surely?  (he says he didn't know)

I remember Graham Wylie bursting on to the scene some years ago...all of a sudden, or so it seemed, you had Wylie and Johnson becoming as formidable as Pipe and David Johnson. It seemed like they were winning every race and that they had a great business model. Sure, they were spending money like there was no tomorrow and paid very decent amounts of money for average handicappers but they were winning their share of races.

The last few years have clearly not been as good as the first few (or so it seems..his prize money has taken a big dip and the business model is now obv exposed as being very flawed indeed, even Wylie would admit this surely?) but didn't really expect this from, what some people call, a "top" trainer.
Had a look at the last few races of Striking Article and one of the other ones and it seems that there was at least about 50k that they won in prizemoney this way...that's quite a large chunk of his yearly income.

Lenghty ban would seem in order.

mickyp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »

Was anyone ever charged when johnson was allegedly held at gunpoint and had £200k in his house ?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 01:53:01 AM »

Gary Johnson has left the mighty Posh. Good! Overdue. No way he was gonna turn it round after the 'win your next half dozen games or you're out' episode a few weeks ago.
Too many have underperformed for him, as Tighty suggested might happen when he took over, mainly Ryan Bennett and George Boyd.
Pretty certain we'll go for youth again this time. No idea who though. Would still take Eddie Howe but that's about a million to one. Probably best if he stays at Bournemouth though. Backed them +ridic no. of points on the handicap pre.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 01:53:50 AM »

How did Luton go tonight Chomps?

You seemed to have built a nice stack when I was leaving...

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 02:10:52 AM »

Pokerz sure was fun at the G tonight. Had a Nirvana-like potential 'let's go to the car park' moment with Tattoos Of Berks (TOB). Kept it quiet when Nirvana came to the table later though. He'd have had way too much fun with that.

All pretty gay really. At 100-200 I rised to 525, Tattoos Of Berks re-rised to 1450. I called, as you do with 5 8 spades.
Flop 2 5 7. Check, 1200, call.
Turn 6 spades, giving me up and down str8 flush draw, check, 1500, call.
River 7, so I missed. Bet 3500. Value bet obv. Dwell-fold from TOB.
Can't resist showing. Show most of my hands in truth. And the chat goes something like...

TOB: "You call my re-raise with that shit?"
Me: "Yup, suited connectors obv."
TOB (getting huffy): "&*%*& rubdown, turning your cards over."
Me: "Turning cards over is a rubdown?"

That was pretty much it. I think. May have been a bit more but I was crying inside by now. He sure looked pleased. Simon G might confirm anything else.

Get over yourself ffs. If you can't handle that sort of nothingness, play online and turn the chat box off. Normally a sign of pokering financial difficulties innit?

Anyhoo, built up to around 30k at 400-800. Pretty raise-respectful table for a £50er and me and Simon G were pretty much taking it in turns. Then...

Donk makes it 2800, I decide to get trappy in the SB with KK, BB calls as expected. Flop J94, lead for 3500, BB folds, Donk shoves for 12k total. I call. He has A4. 4 on the river.
At 600-1200 I make it 3050 with 77. BB calls. Flop ace high, call one 1200 bet on the turn to try and river a set, then give up.
Raise to 2900 with 44. Are dee opposite shoves for another 4k. Call obv. He has Q9. Queen obv.
Shove 13k with AQ. Talk A4 man from earlier into calling with A10. Backdoor flush. Sigh.

Meanwhile, returning Luton legend Dick Lynch joins the table short stacked. With 8k, he makes it 2k on the button. Tight guy in the BB calls, leaving 4.5k back. Flop 10 7 5. BB shoves with A10. Uncle Dicky has a think and makes the call with AJ, leaving 1.5k behind. Any guesses as to the turn?

lutonrover

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:06 AM »

Great stuff Chomps ...agree about in running its the only way , but to beginners I would say a few  things

British racing is almost totally bent , never ever bet before a race .......train yourself to look at a race from what might happen , and FFS stop looking at those in front

always be A backer until you get the hang of things .....and lastly look at it for 6 months before getting involved ...remember the only person you must beat is yourself so get a grip ...not many can manage it though

good luck this yr Chomps

Richard

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: