blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:48:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144357 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2011, 07:18:37 AM »

Nobody is quite sure But RUPotting reckons he saw him in Tesco last week.

Saw some old footage of the kidnap stuff not long ago. Who did they go to? Derek Thompson! Don't get me started on Tommo. EVER!

Still think he should ndo children's telly and be replaced by a red headed minx?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2011, 08:00:37 AM »

Have you ever tried having a man at the course on the phone, screaming at you to GOGOGO the exact second the horse jumps the last safely and clear?

I have a couple of contacts who do this. They used to make loads in the past and now although he says the delay makes it harder, its still possible?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »

Caught some of it over the weekend. Faldo and someone else arguing that Els has another major or three in him. You must be joking. Double figures with me that he ever wins another major.

He desperately needs to sort out his putting as looked horribly uncomfortable on the greens.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »

Have you ever tried having a man at the course on the phone, screaming at you to GOGOGO the exact second the horse jumps the last safely and clear?

I have a couple of contacts who do this. They used to make loads in the past and now although he says the delay makes it harder, its still possible?

I know someone who does that regularly on the all-weather.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2011, 10:31:39 AM »

Chompy

IR again

I assume you are a jumps fan first and foremost?

What is your most profitable form of racing? Obviously a 5f 2yo thing at Folkestone in April you can play but presumably the IR opportunities are far less than a 4m Staying hurdle at Cheltenham in March? Then again the variables involved in flat racing must be far fewer, so less chance of strategies being killed by being brought down or loose horses or whatever?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »

We tried something similar on the ryder cup this year but it went tits up when our on course correspondent got into the swing of things and got shit faced and prefered to sing songs than answer his phone.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2011, 11:28:52 AM »

hahahahahaha. You obv made the error in giving the job to someone comedy/up for a laugh rather than a boring bookish type.

ruholding

little grey cells

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2011, 11:40:29 AM »

Saw some old footage of the kidnap stuff not long ago. Who did they go to? Derek Thompson! Don't get me started on Tommo. EVER!
my first time on sir chompalots blog. Firstly derek thomson legend and secondly i prefer celtics blog.  over

my

PS CHOMPY STILL 0 BRACELETS
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »

Still think he should ndo children's telly and be replaced by a red headed minx?

Remember writing that but can't remember where, that Sarah Cawood should be on my TV all the time and insincerity-on-legs should GTFO. Wouldn't still go for Sarah Cawood though. She was in fashion at the time. Only ever see her on the Eurovision semi finals on BBC3 these days.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »

Guess there are still one or two doing it but there are a lot of track players these days. I believe Mick McCool is one of them?
These boys have a time advantage but it must be a real grind. Expenses are higher, what with petrol and getting a spot in the IR room, and it becomes like a job then. Driving to the course and back, zzzzzzz.
Sitting there doing nowt for half an hour in between races before trying to hoover up all the 1.1 and shorter about something you've seen make what looks a race-winning move a second before the SIS boys. Soulless imo. It also requires little or no skill.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »

Chompy

IR again

I assume you are a jumps fan first and foremost?

What is your most profitable form of racing? Obviously a 5f 2yo thing at Folkestone in April you can play but presumably the IR opportunities are far less than a 4m Staying hurdle at Cheltenham in March? Then again the variables involved in flat racing must be far fewer, so less chance of strategies being killed by being brought down or loose horses or whatever?

Flat for me by a mile. As a watcher and fan that is, but it's all good IR, in fact prefer jumps. Even French, Dubai, and US with massive time delay is playable.
The hardest time is mid-summer when it's small fields on fast ground and favourites beating second favourites left, right and centre. No good to me.
March, April, May are the golden months. Loads of jumpers still going and lots of Flat races with weird results. Early 2yo races are great. Loads of clueless early types veering all over the track, getting miles behind before flying home, and leaders stopping dead. Loads of 1.01 discombobulations.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »

my first time on sir chompalots blog. Firstly derek thomson legend and secondly i prefer celtics blog.  over

my

you seem to have missed this chompy?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »

a fine read and thanks for posting.

i have a betting shop (yes there are still a few indys left lol) and draws are usually excellent results in footy but i done me brains on sunday inc laying a £10 yankee on the 4 draws.

i remember i used to love IR before turf tv came in our shop and of course i had the edge over atr viewers with my s.i.s. feed and used to even make good money on photo finishes but it just seemed to get super hard about 2 years ago and i rather play a 180 on stars or something.

i take my hat off to anyone who makes a living trading IR on gee gees...now cricket or snooker is a different story.

good luck with 2011

alex
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »

Betfair went tits up for over an hour earlier tonight and came back just in time for the last at Kempton.

I guess all the on-course and exchange shop boys had given up, so we were all on a level playing field. Just like the old days it was, winner always going best and stayed backable at above SP for ages. Turned a losing day into a small winner, which was nice.

It was a lot easier four or five years ago.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 19, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »

my

what about my blog phil?  mine is better than them both, surely?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: