blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144831 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »

Yer not a sludge man imo and I refuse to go with the other eejit's answer so I'll say A.  Don't know what it is, but bound to be right.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2011, 04:49:48 PM »

The council doesn't clean your bins when they empty them?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »

I've go a bin related query. We forgot to put pur bins out this week. Can't wait for 2 weeks till next collection. How do we get rid? (Everything isn't sealed in nice black bags so I can throw them in the back of the car)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2011, 04:55:51 PM »

I've go a bin related query. We forgot to put pur bins out this week. Can't wait for 2 weeks till next collection. How do we get rid? (Everything isn't sealed in nice black bags so I can throw them in the back of the car)

Is it just food crap or will there be something in there that will iendtify you to your neighbours? You can always just take of of theirs and take the sticker off. Just swap it for a nice shiny, half empty clean one.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2011, 05:00:22 PM »

Haha, chompy talking about bins on the betting section of a poker forum.

At last he has found something he is qualified to talk about.

Oh, you mentioned on an excellent diary elsewhere that you have 3 bins. what is each colour for? And what is your favourite colour?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2011, 05:01:41 PM »

Now I'm thinking I shouldn't carve numbers into wheelie bins? Anyone know the stips?

Yep, time for the great Friday prize giveaway.

*** Prize ***

Half a binbag full of fenland sludge, including chow mein tray from 1977, Spielberg's ponytail caked in slime and two webbed fingers (nails missing).

Question:

What will Sir Donksalot be feasting on before taking his other half to watch Black Swan this evening?

A Harvester's
B Fajitas
C Fenland sludge

My decision is final. Yep.

Wheelie bin wars, a personal joy of mine. get that tin of paint out of the garage and daub you house number across it on the most council estatish way you can achieve, with running drips for added points.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »

Paint your number on your wagon wheelie bin.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »

In my Victorian canalside home in Tring we don't have wheelie bins at all. Not required.

Just a couple of Waitrose or M & S bags is all one has to put out.

This is a great subject btw, because this thread has mostly been moribund with the occasional - 'i placed a bet on Eurovision' , 'Chompy, yr sooooooooooo interesting' post - these were starting to naus me to a high degree.

I only stumbled back here by falling for the obvious mutual cross selling going on with Celtic and his 'I'm a commentator', 'today I ate a kebab' thread.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »

I only wish Sir Viva List Dean, with his big guns, would start a diary so we could get some input from a proper small balled player

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2011, 05:13:39 PM »

An incred surge of action this afternoon but only two entries for the 'Fenland Sludge' competition so far. Entries close at midnight on Sunday.

It's difficult to pick a favourite coloured wheelie bin. The green one is kinda clever, coz green stuff goes in it. Prefer that to the blue one I think, but then I have days where I like the blue one best.

If pushed, I'll go for the black one though. Classical. Rolls best of the three across the pebbles in the road. Yep, the black one. Final answer Dale.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2011, 05:36:07 PM »

Clumpy

Paint it bright farkin pink - no bugger's gonna swap it then imo
Furthermore paint CH10 MPY underneath (yes underneath) just incase someone nicks it and paints it black
Simples

Btw, how's your lady-boy cold u woos?

Oh, and out of all the threads with "fenland" and "punterer" in the name, this one's my fave
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:38:30 PM by Drain Alien » Logged

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2011, 06:30:41 PM »

some of us don't need to bribe people over to our threads with free prize giveaways and other such nonsense.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Sighmuns

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »

Do you think that any of the skills that you use for your gambling cross over to your poker?

As someone who is now faced with making a living solely from turning steady profits from gambling, I'd be interested to hear any thoughts you have on the argument some might give against gambling on moralistic grounds? As someone who talks to a LOT of no-hope losing punters at work it's starting to enter my mind.

Enjoying the diary mate, and apologies for not giving beating SirD one last try over Christmas
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »

Do you think that any of the skills that you use for your gambling cross over to your poker?

As someone who is now faced with making a living solely from turning steady profits from gambling, I'd be interested to hear any thoughts you have on the argument some might give against gambling on moralistic grounds? As someone who talks to a LOT of no-hope losing punters at work it's starting to enter my mind.

Enjoying the diary mate, and apologies for not giving beating SirD one last try over Christmas

LOL at those two words being in the same sentence where Chompy is concerned.

Nice level Gregory.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »

cmon greg i even paid for you to come beat me...how many chances did you want...  Grin

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: