blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:55:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143318 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: February 03, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »

langdon and palmer are truely shocking.  Like every other (bar pullien) sports writer they have to put up a bet.  Some of their stuff is just insane.  Tipping up first goal scorer yankees for example!  Sure there was a thread on the bf forum stating the annual losses to a £10 or £100 unit stake and both were so far behind it was untrue.  

When you think they are tipping prices which have probably gone in the shops on a thurs/Fri for the weekends games and they have access to so much info from all the firms PR guys who they are in bed with for advertising reasons in the Post it is quite shocking you would loss a fortune following them in.  Then again their wages are paid by the firms advertising budgets so it doesnt make much sense tipping up winners.  hence the first goal scorer yankee selections.

Langdon's banker etc on a Saturday are well worth following TBH. I would be very surprised if you'd be down after a full season of backing his bankers and doubles

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 03, 2011, 05:30:38 PM »

Do you have a target that you aim to make each week/month or just go with whatever you make?

Targets ftw. The target for the week is now half what it was three years ago. Says it all I guess, although the 20% premium charge is part of the difference.

Also, just for Drainy...

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:08:26 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 03, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »

Do you have a target that you aim to make each week/month or just go with whatever you make?

Targets ftw. The target for the week is now half what it was three years ago.

With a bit of luck you'll be staying at Imperial Pigeon soon

sola virtus nobilitat
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: February 04, 2011, 12:20:23 AM »

my biggest bet of the season is on ipswich 1/1 at hoem to sheff utd, thoughts plz
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 04, 2011, 12:29:34 AM »

Not really my area Mr Trigg sir but I do know Sheff Utd were shite away last season and the worst team to come to London Road by far. As bad this season it seems.

What's the thinking?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:44:08 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2011, 12:50:57 AM »

ipswich new manager, jimmy bullard pulling strings, got a result @ derby and i love following teams at home on a saturday  that have won away midweek. Sheff utd are woreful.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 04, 2011, 07:08:06 AM »

Dear Feland punterer

after our exchange last night and having now got 12 to 1, I think It is important that I fully explain my reason for suggesting a Newcastle relegation party at the end of the season.

1. ameobi is injured so who the hell is going to score
2. The Pardew factor
In the 2006–07 season Pardew was criticised after seeing West Ham through their worst run of defeats in over 70 years which included an exit from the UEFA Cup to Palermo in the very first round[10] and a League Cup defeat to Chesterfield.
Oh and before you say it yes I know he took us to an FA Cup final the year before
3. Spite - I lost a tooth in Newcastle when it kicked off a couple of decades ago

I think the Matrix has decided that the Newcastle yo yo is in full swing!

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 04, 2011, 07:58:10 AM »

Dear Feland punterer

after our exchange last night and having now got 12 to 1, I think It is important that I fully explain my reason for suggesting a Newcastle relegation party at the end of the season.

2. The Pardew factor
In the 2006–07 season Pardew was criticised after seeing West Ham through their worst run of defeats in over 70 years which included an exit from the UEFA Cup to Palermo in the very first round[10] and a League Cup defeat to Chesterfield.
Oh and before you say it yes I know he took us to an FA Cup final the year before
3. Spite - I lost a tooth in Newcastle when it kicked off a couple of decades ago

I took the 20-1 as soon as carrol was sold. Then again i also lumped on blackburn at 16-1 when big sam was sacked, dsnt look so great now.

Gotta admit i'm half tempted to back everton if they are anywhere near the 40-1 they were last week, with moyes so high in the next manager to go betting, a thin squad and a wide open league bar the top 5 or 6, anything could happen this season!

Edit-Just seen everton are a best priced 28s with coral, cheeky tenner on.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:01:49 AM by Nico29 » Logged
Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 04, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »

Targets ftw. The target for the week is now half what it was three years ago. Says it all I guess, although the 20% premium charge is part of the difference.

Also, just for Drainy...

Ty sir - I can relate to that (as for the rest? fark knows!)

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 04, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »

Posh-tinted stats with which to jinx the Saturday tea-time encounter:

• There have been 107 goals in Peterborough's 26 games
    • This bet has come in 14 times from those 26 games
    • This bet has come in nine times from 14 home games
    • In those five other games, three goals have been scored
    • In the pair's last seven, this bet has come in four times

Inevitably, a goalless draw awaits. If you'd rather take the +2.5 goals (it's 8-5 on), though for the braver souls among you, +4.5 goals is available at 7-2, a bet that has come in seven times from the 14 home Posh games.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 04, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »

game also pulled from goals galore coupon, grr

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 04, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »

Not much available on betty at the moment but 6.6 is the price we should be aiming for.

In our favour this is a later kick off and live on Sky, so there will be plenty traded on the match. The market will also be reopened on kick-off, which will allow the chance to trade out for a freebie if there are a couple of early goals.

and I'm expecting a couple of early goals.

Just hope for no major wind tomorrow. A nice normal day, normal pitch, no wind, useless defenders and the best strikers in the league on show for both teams.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45:51 AM »

Dear Feland punterer

2. The Pardew factor

Think this is a really great bet and possibly better than the (also good) that Keith has taken that Newcastle score less than a goal a game in their games for the rest of the season.  there really isn't that much between the bottom 12-13 in the Prem and all are very susceptible to injuries (or selling their best player)

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2011, 01:00:55 AM »

That is so pathetic.

They have a huge edge on that coupon and can't give the poor punter a tiny chance.

I hate bookmakers sometimes.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2011, 02:43:20 AM »

That is so pathetic.

They have a huge edge on that coupon and can't give the poor punter a tiny chance.

I hate bookmakers sometimes.

Where is the edge, just all the mugs doing million timers?

Was there a thread were you explained why it was shit, i can't remember?

Only reason I ask is that one of my mates keeps doing trebles and an acca from 4 selections and he argued that it has to be good value when he is getting 4/5 on 4/6 shots (both teams to score bookies prices on the selections he does after his research) and I failed to launch a reasonable counter argument, i just kept saying it should be renamed Mugs Galore.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: