blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:49:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144371 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 15, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »

Almost looked like our first 0-0 ever but we've sussed it now, keep it tight for 85mins, then smash in two at the end. We have the best defence outside the Premiership imo.

7.4 was a fair price. Undecided about the weekend also. Trannies are a team on the up at the moment. Doubt I'll be playing this one in a major way. Patience ftw.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 15, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »

Almost looked like our first 0-0 ever but we've sussed it now, keep it tight for 85mins, then smash in two at the end. We have the best defence outside the Premiership imo.

7.4 was a fair price. Undecided about the weekend also. Trannies are a team on the up at the moment. Doubt I'll be playing this one in a major way. Patience ftw.

Sad Enjoy those bragging rights.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »

Bump. Get that sir nod tip in here imo.

Oh and more entries or this blog will become like my old one...that's defunct-not a pile of ol'....

Smiley
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2011, 01:41:02 PM »

Nah, Sir Nod is just an angle, not a major fancy innit. Would never go nuts over that filthy all-weather stuff.

Things will pick up big styley next month.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2011, 02:08:34 PM »

Nah, Sir Nod is just an angle, not a major fancy innit. Would never go nuts over that filthy all-weather stuff.

Things will pick up big styley next month.

ive had a pony on 4 the bok n ways m8
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 19, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »

Will leave it alone again today. Tranmere are improving and weather doesn't make it feel like a goals galore kind of day.

Also, Zakuani is back in defence and get a feeling Grant Basey might start at left back. He can't be any worse than what we've had there.

Yup, time to pull stumps. For the time being at least.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:12:46 AM by Chompy » Logged

Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »

Hi there all you sport betting enthusiasts.

Bumped into Chompy last week, and he said that I can give some lower league tips.

Well here goes.

Cheltenham should have too much for the very depressed and lonely Barnet who are heading for a spell of non league football.

Wycombe Wanderers where I will be today, should get back to winning ways after two away defeats with a home win against Accrington Stanley.

Chesterfield should be a good away day result against an improving Lincoln City, despite the fact Chesterfield have been a bad run as I believe they will get back to winning ways today.

A small bit of information on Brechin City match away to East Fife -

East fife have an injury crisis and will be bringing in some youth team players against Brechin who are a strong side at this level 2nd in the league. Brechin won the corresponding fixture 3-1 in October whilst East fife are second bottom and struggling badly.

A lucky 15 on these four matches should produce a profit.

Good luck to you in punterland.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:48:15 AM by Xpressman » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2011, 11:47:46 AM »

cheers Ian that looks like a good one

Brechin, East Fife indeed!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »

Thanks for the Brechin E Fife one..will have some on that.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »

did you see that Iconoclast at Ascot? Horrible blunder first time round, way out the back....laid IR for £14 at 439 and stormed through past a french dodgepot to win on the line

My eyes are open wide
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: February 19, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »

Thanks for the Brechin E Fife one..will have some on that.

I jinxed it

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »

Iconoclast done at 900 for pennies. Can never feel any sympathy for these guys. Quite the opposite in fact.

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2011, 10:31:19 PM »

I think it might be easier to wind up China Mug than tip teams from the lower dividions......
C'mon you foxes, automatic promotion might be a possibility they are in tremendous form

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 20, 2011, 11:07:07 AM »

Got to thinking about next season's footie bets yesterday for whatever reason.

Reckon Ipswich are gonna be the sexy team for the Championship on the 'much better second half of season once Keane left' line of thinking.

Can see Crawley starting around 3-1 for League Two if they go up as champs from the Conf.

If anyone wants to lay me 20-1 Lee Tomlin to be top League One scorer now, I'd take it. Even though the mighty Posh could easily go up. Bet would then be a loser obv.

Anyways, I've never been a fan of the H-T/FT home/away or away.home bet. It's so tough to get up. However...

I've done a bit of research and, in 16 home games this season, the Pish have turned round a H-T deficit four times:

Huddersfield 1-2 @ H-T, 4-2 @ FT
Oldham 1-2 @ H-T, 5-2 @ FT
Sheff WEd 2-3 @ H-T, 5-3 @ FT
Tranmere 0-1 @ H-T, 2-1 @ FT

We also turned round a H-T deficit against Cardiff in the Carling Cup.

There's no fluke about this. We are a second-half team with no give-up in us. Loads of times games have taken the same pattern. We start slowly, the defence concedes one or two sloppy early goals. Then we face our own fans second half and start scoring for fun.

I'm done with the goalfest bet for the time being as the defence has improved, espech as the weekend when Zakuani returned and Grant Basey started at left-back.

But against Colchester on Tuesday I'm gonna have a crack at Colchester H-T - Posh FT. There's only a few bookies got prices up at the moment and one of them, Baldfred, is going 25-1. That should be the general price. Five times in around 20 home games in all comps this season would suggest that's value.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 20, 2011, 11:11:01 AM »

If Leicester don't go up (have a chance but play offs a lottery) will be short priced favourites to do it next year...the money gravy train looks solid

If Wickham goes, which must be likely, I am not sure there is that much class elsewhere in the squad. Would like a look at what financial backing Jewell would get. Suffolk Punch on here is your man for info

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: