blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:41:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144262 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: February 22, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »

Fastinthestraight, 5.10 Southwell

Now out to around 4/1 on Betfair. Amazing given 'they' wanted to back it at less than 6/4 last night.

One thing for certain is he's a trier and expected. If, and it's the key point, he handles the surface.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »

Nibbled at this
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 22, 2011, 05:06:50 PM »

Got 5.6 but it's drifted even more.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 22, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »

6's on betdaq cudnt resist
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 22, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »

Shows what a different game Fibresand is. Horrible AW muck. That'll win again back on Polytrack imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »

Oscars markets have been pretty stagnant this year and I haven't played at all yet.

Can't resist a few quid on Annette Bening at 8/1 to be best actress. Natalie Portman is 1/8 but whatever. Trusting my opinion on this one. Black Swan was just meh. Low risk.

Apparently Melissa Leo has been placing ads in LA publications trying to pick up more votes for best supporting actress. That sure seems shrewd. Bad favourite imo, esp with another actress from the same film up for the same award.

Hailee Steinfeld was awesome in True Grit and is a good bet at 3/1.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »

i agree, main character in the film but they put her for supporting actress cat. better chance of winning
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2011, 02:13:17 PM »

i agree, main character in the film but they put her for supporting actress cat. better chance of winning

Was thinking about this down the gym. How did she wind up in the supporting actress category when she was the main character in the film? First one on screen and hardly ever off it.

Ended up in the right category for punting purposes anyway. Guess she'd have no chance again Princess Amidala in the other one.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2011, 02:18:40 PM »

Just been planning some March poker. Really fancy Biloxi late in the month. Pizzled and Holdorfold will be out there. If I hit my monthly betfair target by the 20th or so I'll probably go for a week.

See the GUKPT at The Vic clashes with Cheltenham this year. Don't remember that happening in the past. That sure will help numbers. Not gonna play the main, just a couple of side events probably.

Is the GUKPT pretty much finished and on a downward spiral these days? As a semi-outsider looking in, it seems that way. Ever since they lost the CH4 coverage innit?

Strikes me I've just sat through a three-week long pokerstars advert on CH4 with that UKIPT CoC thing. Fair play to them.

Nick Wealthall really is fantastic though. Totally the other side of the coin to Colin Murray, who tilts the crap out of me. Hopefully we won't hear Mr Murray doing poker any more now he's part of the Match Of The Day gig. That sure sucks.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »

Yikes! Another 'other score' result for the mighty Posh. Four goals in 20mins. Standard. Amazing team is this.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »

Commrents on today's Eider, Chomps - should they have cancelled?

Looked pretty grim stuff. How many got home in one piece - 3?

I'd not fancy backing anything that run in that for the rest of the season, it must do a horse in.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 26, 2011, 05:07:20 PM »

Two got round in the Eider, both legless. Even Flintoff, who stays 12 miles, couldn't get round. Yup, should definitely have been abandoned imo, it's borderline cruel. More of the same at Towcester tomorrow.

Tyrone House might have just farked up his career. He's a keen sort at the best of times and that slog up the straight before refusing at the last sure will have done him good.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: February 26, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »

I was really surprised that Richie McGrath continued on Morgan Be after pulling him up first. Reckon he should get a ban for that IMO.

All that for a £2700 third prize FFS.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: February 27, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »

Chompy, do you think change of tactics should be declared in Brittain and Ireland in the same way that it is in other places? (I believe it is in Hong Kong)

Excellent example of it again today at Leopardstown where Osirixamix was the even money favourite and all his improvement had come under a different jockey and front running tactics.
This jockey decided to settle the horse in second rather, after not paying attention at the start, that going past the horse that made the running.

Obviously the favourite did nothing anymore (and he had shown in the past that he wouldn't do a thing when there was another runner in front of him) and it just made me think that a while ago this discussion was going on for a brief moment.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »

Feeling happy about the Hailee punt. She's now around 5/2 on Betty. Late market moves on the Oscars are usually a good indicator. Gogogogo.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: