blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:00:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143245 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2011, 11:44:44 PM »

Chompy, do you think change of tactics should be declared in Brittain and Ireland in the same way that it is in other places? (I believe it is in Hong Kong)

Excellent example of it again today at Leopardstown where Osirixamix was the even money favourite and all his improvement had come under a different jockey and front running tactics.
This jockey decided to settle the horse in second rather, after not paying attention at the start, that going past the horse that made the running.

Obviously the favourite did nothing anymore (and he had shown in the past that he wouldn't do a thing when there was another runner in front of him) and it just made me think that a while ago this discussion was going on for a brief moment.

Honestly don't think it's practical over here Boldie. Too many variables, too many trainers and too many jockeys.
Trainer's instructions, or at least what we're told, consist of 'If there's no pace early have him up there. Lead if you have to. But if he misses the kick drop him in. And weave through horses up the straight. Or come round them off the turn. Meh, I'll leave it to you Kieren.'

Wish I'd seen that Osiramix requirement before the race though. As soon as this Spotlighting stops next weekend I'm going to start putting in more research. Missing too many Stefanki and Najca De Thaix types at the moment.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 28, 2011, 09:07:20 AM »

I have just taken the rather conservative step of backing no Grand Slam winner at 11/8.......mind you I do have England at 11/2.

My Newcastle bet has gone down the swanny and as I have now met some super nice geordies I have decided my 30 year hatred needs to be put to bed. My Liverpool bet for relegation at 80 to 1 is also dead.

The big money now revolves around the foxes and the tigers......

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 28, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »

Sigh, gg Hailee.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 28, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »

I have just taken the rather conservative step of backing no Grand Slam winner at 11/8.......mind you I do have England at 11/2.

My Newcastle bet has gone down the swanny and as I have now met some super nice geordies I have decided my 30 year hatred needs to be put to bed. My Liverpool bet for relegation at 80 to 1 is also dead.

The big money now revolves around the foxes and the tigers......

think 11/8 is a nice hedge as I see Ireland/England in Dublin as very lose-able. Probably an Even money game. Also don't think, even in a poor year, we are good enough to win a grand slam

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 28, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »

Learn how to become a successful gambler or trader?

http://centaurcollege.com/

LOLZ.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2011, 11:49:37 AM »

Learn how to become a successful gambler or trader?

http://centaurcollege.com/

LOLZ.

Long list of experts;

http://centaurcollege.com/staff.html

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 28, 2011, 11:57:24 AM »

OMG! Tony Stafford is going to teach people how to become successful pro punterers? Just roffle.

Had dinner with him at Lingfield maybe seven or eight years ago when the Raceform Update was about to be relaunched. Some great stories. The Peter Ustinov of racing but never thought I'd see him as a pro gambling lecturer.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »

Posh home v Exeter this weekend.

We are on the up and there's competition for places in midfield and up front at the moment. Exeter are an ordinary side who are safe in mid-table. They won't be going up or down. Their away record is pretty meh.

Exeter have a game tomorrow. A good scrap against a physical team in Tranmere. That should take a bit out of them.

If the price is 5 or bigger about any other score on Saturday, this will be a max bet.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »

Chompy, do you know Neil Morrice?

Any opinion?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »

Nope, don't think we've ever met. You coming to Luton for the £500 thingy Camel?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »

Nope, don't think we've ever met. You coming to Luton for the £500 thingy Camel?

Going to give it a swerve and save my passouts for GUKPT at the Vic and a day at Cheltenham.

Deepstack poker isn't really my thing anyways, I prefer crapshoots.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2011, 02:03:06 PM »

Hiya chomps.

First game in ages i didn't go large on overs in the posh game, cple of prev results cost me. Sick result at weekend for your boys i agree, but i'd hate to go bk in at weekend after missing out on the last game, so if it ant a goalfest im gonna blame yr advice itt and force u to pay up, ok? Smiley

Oh and hope to see u in luton for the 500, playing day1b myself, so shld see u railing myself and others for day 2 nope? lol

Believe yr playing day1a? Not seen u in ages mate.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 28, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »

Yup, been a while, last time was at The International innit.

If any one of the regs makes the final on Sunday I'll be there to rail for sure. Got this sinking feeling that Sir Donksalot will go deep in this. Chant for the final will be "Donks, Donks, Donks" like that "Begs, Begs, Begs" chant that I had to sit through for a few hours two Novembers ago.

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »

Yup, been a while, last time was at The International innit.

If any one of the regs makes the final on Sunday I'll be there to rail for sure. Got this sinking feeling that Sir Donksalot will go deep in this. Chant for the final will be "Donks, Donks, Donks" like that "Begs, Begs, Begs" chant that I had to sit through for a few hours two Novembers ago.

Oh yes that was when yr buddy ade turned up. Played him again a few months ago, dunno if ive told u the story, dont see how as havent seen u.

Anyway ade is on typical loud form roaring at every1 at the table and telling every1 that im a maniac as hes played me b4 and knows so.

Im like yeah ade u damn rock and laugh it off.

Anyway his speech not working on me he picks on this poor old fella. Starts telling him that hes too miserable and shld interact more with him.

Old fella after supposedly playing like a maniac and 'bluffing' ade off on the river replies, 'well maybe i am miserable...i only recently lost my wife to illness'

Ade shut up ansd instantly apologised.

I busted shortly after hse over hse, but the table seemed very quiet!

lutonrover

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 28, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »

Chomps   laughing my head off at Centaur ...what a load of tosh ,,,as for Tony Stafford ...forget it

I reckon the whole game is about to change , as racing becomes more profoundly broke and bent ...it will be in running or nowt , talk about a license to nick a few bob

Roll on March 21

ps enjoy chelters partic if its heavy ,,,,lol  talk about turn off the telly
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: