blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143214 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 28, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »

Classic moment on ATR. Honest Barney tells it like it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPpBpDaSXE&NR=1

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 28, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »

Classic moment on ATR. Honest Barney tells it like it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPpBpDaSXE&NR=1

Curley "I have contributed to racing for over 25 years"

What a load of old bollox. He is the biggest taker in the game.

Can't argue with anything else he said though.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 28, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »

10 2 3 45 32

What a redic home record.  77 goals in 15 games.  Surely the best value season ticket in the world.

I meant to ask - have you seen the Chairman's season ticket  for next year?

Best value £15k you can spend surely? Grin

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:28 PM »

Hmm, interesting. Don't know though, think if I got to meet Boydy face to face I'd probably just pass out.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2011, 07:22:52 AM »

Bless JF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lZ7-weBXTs&feature=related

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2011, 09:33:59 AM »

pmsl at "you couldnt have 2 bananas to one banana at the bookies"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »

Probably see my neighbour once every two months at most but got collared on the way back from posting a bill earlier.

She was fumming about a plan to open a cinema in the park/field next to the end of our road. St Neots has been planning a cinema since 1877 but never gone through with it. It's likely to be a Cineworld by the looks of things. I sort of half went along with her just to pacify her but sure would be gutted if they built it. "Think about the litter!" Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Have to drive to Huntingdon or Bedford at the moment. Both are around ten miles. If this place opens, could walk it in 2mins max. Call it 5mins, allowing for time to buy Heston's popcorn icecream and smoked apple candy floss. Wiiiiiii.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:16:13 PM by Chompy » Logged

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2011, 11:15:06 PM »

GG Exeter. Behind early at home tonight v Tranmere and then a good old slog to get the equaliser in front of the newly expectant fans. That should have emptied them a bit in time for the weekend.

Would settle for 7/2 about the mighty Posh putting four past them on Saturday. We are a relative powerhouse in this league. Took their keeper on loan for the season January. Presumably as a long-term replacement for Joe Lewis. He was one of their main men before jumping ship. That has to effect them mentally imo.

At the moment there's £45 available at 6.0 (5/1). Not gonna touch it until Friday evening to try and keep the layers sticking their cash up at that sort of price and a bit bigger.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:21:43 PM by Chompy » Logged

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »

GG Exeter. Behind early at home tonight v Tranmere and then a good old slog to get the equaliser in front of the newly expectant fans. That should have emptied them a bit in time for the weekend.

Would settle for 7/2 about the mighty Posh putting four past them on Saturday. We are a relative powerhouse in this league. Took their keeper on loan for the season January. Presumably as a long-term replacement for Joe Lewis. He was one of their main men before jumping ship. That has to effect them mentally imo.

At the moment there's £45 available at 6.0 (5/1). Not gonna touch it until Friday evening to try and keep the layers sticking their cash up at that sort of price and a bit bigger.

How about playing on the spreads? If they are a general 8/13 or 4/7 you should be able to buy at less than 1.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 01, 2011, 11:42:47 PM »

Wouldn't put you off at all, can't see anything bar an easy home win on Saturday. But I'm sticking with the goalfest bet. In this one for the long run. Playing out of profit, so can afford to take a hit.

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »

Probably see my neighbour once every two months at most but got collared on the way back from posting a bill earlier.

She was fumming about a plan to open a cinema in the park/field next to the end of our road. St Neots has been planning a cinema since 1877 but never gone through with it. It's likely to be a Cineworld by the looks of things. I sort of half went along with her just to pacify her but sure would be gutted if they built it. "Think about the litter!" Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Have to drive to Huntingdon or Bedford at the moment. Both are around ten miles. If this place opens, could walk it in 2mins max. Call it 5mins, allowing for time to buy Heston's popcorn icecream and smoked apple candy floss. Wiiiiiii.

the litter wouldnt be a problem chomps cos your other neighbour could put it in your wheelie bin - simples

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 03, 2011, 02:44:33 PM »

Was looking forward to the European Deepstack at Luton but got there and decided against it. Only 60-odd regsitered. Was expecting 150+.

Had been planning on being in every hand for the first few levels versus random Skandies but the place was full of regs. Would only have donked off, so what's the point?

Thought to myself...£550 on this and sit there grinding it out for a 100k stack to go back with on Saturday, when I'd have to miss the Posh match, or £550 on Posh scoring 4 or more past Exeter at 5/1. That was the clincher.

Got 10% of Celtic though, which will give me a bit of interest for half an hour or so.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 03, 2011, 03:13:39 PM »

Was looking forward to the European Deepstack at Luton but got there and decided against it. Only 60-odd regsitered. Was expecting 150+.

Had been planning on being in every hand for the first few levels versus random Skandies but the place was full of regs. Would only have donked off, so what's the point?

Thought to myself...£550 on this and sit there grinding it out for a 100k stack to go back with on Saturday, when I'd have to miss the Posh match, or £550 on Posh scoring 4 or more past Exeter at 5/1. That was the clincher.

Got 10% of Celtic though, which will give me a bit of interest for half an hour or so.

No disrespect to those who enjoy this sort of thing, but the idea of playing a monkey comp, with an hour clock and 500 bb's to start would be my candidate for poker's Room 101.

I think you made a wise decision.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 03, 2011, 06:27:30 PM »

No disrespect to those who enjoy this sort of thing, but the idea of playing a monkey comp, with an hour clock and 500 bb's to start would be my candidate for poker's Room 101.

I think you made a wise decision.

Yep

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 04, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »

People in St Neots still Post things? Like, in envelopes, with stamps? In pillar-boxes?

I knew it was a bit behind the times out there, but that's shocked me.

You still have Telegram Boys?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: