blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144441 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: August 20, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »

Certinly looks that way.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 20, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »

An angle I have always liked is to bet teams in games where it is a big derby for one team but the other team doesn't really care/consider it to be a derby.  Would todays game count?  ie do Posh dislike Ipswich?  Big move for Posh a couple of minutes ago in Asia btw.

this is certainly correct

smaller teams in local derbies where the bigger team thinks they have a bigger rivalry works a lot

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 20, 2011, 12:50:16 PM »

Not espesh. Cambridge used to be our big derby. Also, Cobblers a bit. Lately the main rivalry has been MK Donkeys coz we came through the leagues together.

Poshies are defo off the boards this morning. 4+ with Hills 10-1 > 8-1 > 15-2

Skybet still have 9-1 for 4+ and 28-1 for 5+ but I was limited to £15.67 on the former and £5 something on the latter. Marv.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 20, 2011, 06:04:39 PM »

WP - Carling cup game between Posh and Boro going to be an absolute goal fest by the looks of things.  Thought at the time of the draw it would be a great overs bet.....like it even more now.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 20, 2011, 06:12:28 PM »

Booooooooooooooooooooom!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #725 on: August 20, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »

oi oi mate. FKin great tipping

manage to get much on?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: August 20, 2011, 06:33:49 PM »

VWP Chompy

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 20, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »

Yup, tytyty. Just about come down again following that three-goals in four-minutes burst. Ipswich are pretty tez but we are going places again this season. Cover in all positions.

We will never ease up. Double figures anyone?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 20, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »

You are incred tbf

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 20, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »

superb stuff, wp

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 21, 2011, 12:08:59 AM »

For a Posh fan who lives in Ipswich what a dream result. Tried hard to contain myself in a pub full of tractor boys but sod it I couldn't stop myself taking the piss out of them. I somehow managed to get out alive  dont river me

Re: Posh/Ipswich being a local derby, theres no rivalry between the two clubs whatsoever. Infact we kind of like Ipswich. Traditional our rivals were Northampton in the 60's and 70's then bacame Cambridge in the 80's and 90's. However as those two clubs are now pants we don't really care about them other than glad to see them doing so badly. The media has tried to create a rivalry between Posh and the MKDongs but as they are not a proper club and a manufactured franchise like every football fan we don't care for them. We don't really have a derby in the championship largerly because we are traditionally a lower league club. However the two championship clubs we do hate and would love to beat are Leicester and Leeds.

Interesting note re: Posh vs Ipswich, our last 0-0 result was against Ipswich @ PR almost 80 games ago, which also happens to be the last Posh game I've went to. Did wonder if we were due another 0-0 today  thumbs up

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 21, 2011, 12:18:23 AM »

Bring on the lizard's boy's next Saturday.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 21, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »

A lot of this season is going to come down to timing and when we face who. Be nice to have a Leicester, Watford, Donny, Coventry or Hull away game next weekend but we have to go to fkarking Brighton. Meh, we'll take a 3-3 draw with CMS and Tomlin scoring a hat-trick apiece and move on.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 21, 2011, 12:40:13 AM »

However the two championship clubs we do hate and would love to beat are Leicester and Leeds.

LOL - Is there a club anywhere that doesn't hate Leeds??  No wonder the can't get back in the Prem every team in the leagues considers them one of the top teams they want to beat.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: August 21, 2011, 01:05:09 AM »

LOL at "luckily" getting out of an ipswich ale house unscathed, you could have chanted posh songs all the way through the game and the most you would have received would have been a sausage roll to the back of your head Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: