blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 09:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder  (Read 69855 times)
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »

I hate feeling like a bandwagon jumper. Iv always tried to be a lone wolf my whole life (as youll see Iv failed many a time), but reading some of the blogs that have been posted, I feel compelled to write my own. I feel like this would be beneficial to me, as Im gonna try and start grinding online soon. As Ill mention later on, I have awful bankroll management, along with poor life savings and a general striving to spend my money as fast as possible.

Ill start with a short background introduction, as I know to alot of people Im completely unknown. My name is Jamie Kay, Im 20, I live in Mansfield (near Nottingham), as I have done all my life. I grew up as an only child, with parents who I now see spoilt me rotten (which I now hate the thought of). At school, I was one of the most promising lights in a pretty dull sky. I had ability, I was smart, but I craved attention. I found that misbehaving and general joke making made my peers laugh, gained me popularity and elevated my status. I fell into the trap that many before me had fallen into.

My grades slipped, I was put on reports and my parents were involved. Luckily for me, I got involved with a girl whom was very intelligent, and she helped me get on the right track. I didnt get the grades I was predicted, (I was predicted straight A*s, I got a single A), but I managed to salvage something.

College was much the same, except without the salvation. I found poker in my first year. Oh how that changed the direction of my life. I was introduced to poker by a few friends. I was godawful, but I picked it up very quickly. Within a month or 2, I was crushing my friends. Within 4, I had found my way to a local pub game, where I found a different world. I was back at the bottom of the pile, and desperate to start crushing again. I worked hard at my game, I watched alot of poker and studied the game alot. Soon enough, I found myself back on top of the pile.

I have gone through, what I feel, is a very quick introduction to the level of poker I profess to play. I know Im not the best player of my age, but I feel like Im ahead of the general average of players with my time around the game (Im not a monster, Im just ahead of the curve).
From here, I left college with no grades, and started as a Lifeguard. This wasnt to last. I did this for a year, and just hated it. There was no room for intellect (although saving peoples lives is pretty damn rewarding morally, it is pretty basic stuff when you know it). I had to get out. I had been playing poker every month, normally blowing as much of my wages as I could afford, trying to learn the game. I managed to box my way through a satellite to the £300 deepstack at DTD, and again was immersed in a whole new world. I was completely outplayed and outclassed by, who I now know to be, Simon Nowab.

As I walked away from my seat having exited the comp, I walked past Mathilde. For those who dont know of Mathilde, she was a French ex-employee of Dusk Till Dawn. She was in charge of training dealers, as well as having an absolutely shining personality. Probably seeing my dejected demeanor, she commented to me as I walked past, something along the lines of "better luck next time!". I got into conversation with Mathilde, and was asked to attend an interview a week later for a dealer position at Dusk Till Dawn. This is the point where my life changed, and to me, got a whole lot more interesting.

Please ask question. I dont care how intrusive they are, Ill do my best to answer them. Ill be making more posts going into more detail about parts of my life, and hopefully a bit more into my poker experiences and goals (thats what this is supposed to be about, right?). All feedback will be incredibly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:39:27 PM by JK » Logged
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »

oi - i've already baggsied the 'bandwagon jumper' diary title Cheesy

glgl with this

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »

pics of girl pls.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »

glgl with this

I knew I wasnt creative enough to have plucked that from nowhere Tongue. Changed!

Picture as requested. Me and my ex.

Click to see full-size image.

For those who dont know who I am, or who would like to come say hi to me sometime
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »

I got as far as "outclassed by Simon Nowab".

Not stopped laughing since.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
JK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »

I got as far as "outclassed by Simon Nowab".

Not stopped laughing since.

I typed that out, deleted it, typed it out again, deleted it, then decided I was being honest in this diary, no matter how much Id want to kill myself afterwards because of it XD
Annon1234
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »

Who is your best friend of all time?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »

So you're JK. are you still dealing @ DTD?

The older I get, the better I was.
JK

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 07:56:09 PM »

Who is your best friend of all time?

Thanks for your input mate XD. Ill try to answer this properly lol.

Iv had alot of friends in my time. As I said in my opening post, Iv always tried to be friends with everyone, and as such, you get to know alot of people. There are very few people I have known my whole life, even fewer I keep in touch with now. Alongside these childhood friends, I have a few friends whom have I havent known all that long (a year isnt that long after all), but I consider to be friends for life.

I dont consider myself lucky in all aspects of life. Poker, definaltey not. However, friendship is a part where I definately do "run good". Im thankful for that.

So you're JK. are you still dealing @ DTD?

Hey Tom! Thanks for stopping in Cheesy.

Unfortunately not. Im currently working at Gala Nottingham (Ill explain my travellings through the world of poker in Nottingham later on Im sure). I loved my time at DTD, but sometimes things just change
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:01:59 PM by JK » Logged
JK

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »

If Im looking into my past, theres one thing I cant pass by. The biggest part of my childhood was swimming. Sport was another chapter of my life where I was gifted, but wasted it. Everything was "Could do better". Story of my life so far really.

I was a top 5 national level swimmer. Long story short, I was good. The one thing that I regret, is the fact I NEVER tried in training. People were amazed at how I could go and smash out good results at Galas and meets, and never put in an ounce of effort in training. I didnt see the "but you could be so much better" side, only the "look at how much your winning by now". I trained with Rebecca Adlington, I had training days with Mark Foster, I swum up and down the country day in day out. How I didnt take notice of what I had, I dont know...

Im proud of what I achieved, dont get me wrong. I look back and wish that I could be back there, with the praise I had. However, along with looking back, I wish I could change what happened. The lessons you learn as you get older huh?

I feel that Im coming across as quite bigheaded atm. FWIW, I dont mean to be. Im actually really negative about myself, and would change alot of the things Iv done. I just want to get across my life as it was
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »

What's ur biggest swing? Up and down?

Standard subway order?

Just me
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »

glgl with this

I knew I wasnt creative enough to have plucked that from nowhere Tongue. Changed!

Picture as requested. Me and my ex.

Was this picture taken in 1882?

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 10:21:06 PM »

the only things u done wrong about poker is .....

reading my book jamie!!!!!!!

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 01:28:18 AM »

I swum up and down the country day in day out.

I don't know where to start with this. It's "swam", not "swum" in this spot. And you swam up AND DOWN the country? Day in day out? Wp mate.

Sorry bud, had to rinse that, if only to reassure ppl that I'm a posh prick, if there was any doubt Smiley

Gl with the dairy.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:37:05 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 01:38:28 AM »

I don't know where to start with this. Swum is not the past participle of to swim.

pretty sure swum is the past participle of swim. it's not the right word in that particular sentence though as there's no auxilary verb

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: