blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder  (Read 69858 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2012, 08:09:48 PM »

Jase, these are actual 4-legged horses, not poker horses!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2012, 07:58:44 AM »

Lol. Yes I know from the pics on Facebook. Do you breed them because I remember seeing a foal earlier in the year.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »

Lol. Yes I know from the pics on Facebook. Do you breed them because I remember seeing a foal earlier in the year.

Sometimes. We had a pretty fun experience with her. Theyre not bred for selling or anything, more than we just want a new baby lol
JK

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »

Suppose I can give you guys a reason to take the piss out of me! Since getting with my girlfriend a year last March, Iv got into Horses. Its a pretty stupid sounding hobby reserved for 11 year old girls, but I get so much pleasure from it its unbelievable. Its basically just like having a dog but you can sit on it and ride round! The other good thing is because they live in a field, you can just walk away when your bored and go back in the morning.

So the first Horse I bought was an ex racer. We had him on loan because his owner was pregnant at the time and couldnt really look after him. He was a lovely Chestnut Thoroughbred calling Inchy. His racing name was Inchpast and he won about £65k in his racing days but had to retire early due to injury. He was a lovely horse, really loyal and loveable. He started to develop riding problems though (as alot of ex-racers do). I didnt ride Inchy, which made these problems even worse because it was my girlfriend/mum in danger of being hurt. We moved to a different yard and he calm down alot. We decided to just leave him as a "field ornament", basically just enjoy him as a horse and not ridden. At this point, he started mounting the mares. Stupid horse! For those who dont know, male racehorses are left with their bits until they finish racing. If they do well, they can be put to stud and the owner can make more money. If they arent too successful/get injured, they get them snipped off (gelded). Some horses are a big riggy though, where they believe they are still a stallion, which is what happened with Inchy. So after that he had to go home. I was pretty heartbroken as I absolutely loved that horse, but itd cost too much money to sort out his problems and he wasnt our horse at the end of the day!

For those that are interested, this is Inchys racing record: http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?horse_id=587552#topHorseTabs=horse_race_record&bottomHorseTabs=horse_form

So that left me without a horse! For a while I just helped with everyone elses and enjoyed them, but one day I won a tournament somewhere (brags) and decided I wanted a new one. Leanne had seen a lovely one on a Facebook page that was free to a good home. The only thing was, the horse had bucked its owner off and broke her back, meaning she was going to have him shot if nobody collected him. Well obviously that was it, me and Leanne were in the lorry the next day going to fetch him. He turned out to be a chestnut (again) Welsh Section D called Sox. Section D's are incredibly smart horses, and Sox is no exception. Except that day when we went to see him, he was petrified. Of EVERYTHING. I walked into the stable and he went that rigid he would have shattered if you flicked him. We decided to give him a good home though, and took him back. Thats after we took an hour and a half attempting to load him into the lorry.

Long story short with Sox (I could go on for hours), Hes now a completely different horse. Hes still not ridden, but I think he prefers it that way. Sox has cuddles for everyone that will give him 5 minuites and spooks at alot less. He has good and bad days, but the bad days are getting less and less. Its like hes Bi-Polar, but we seem to have it under control mainly. Sox is now owned by my dad as I got another horse (see below) and just didnt have enough time for both. Dad is brilliant for him as he has a really calming nature (and he really really loves him).

So that leaves me with my newest horse! Me and Leanne were looking for a horse for me. For those that dont know me, Im 6ft 4 and weigh 17 stone, so we needed to find a good weight carrier. We decided that an Irish Draught Mare would suit me best. A mare purely so we can breed later in her life (Irish draughts cost quite alot compared to everything else, so its nice to be able to get a return later in their life). We looked everywhere and couldnt find anything for less than £5000 which was way out our budget. Anyone thats ever bought anything will know that sometimes when you go out you end up coming back with something totally different. You go out to buy fags, you come back with a barbeque etc. Well its the same thing with Horses. Leanne wanted a 7 year old mare when she bought a horse, she ended up with a 1 year old gelding. Well for some reason, that wasnt the case with us! We found an advert for an Irish Draught Mare, 2 years old, chestnut (as both my previous horses had been) and for very cheap. We had to travel to Chester to see her, about 2 and a half hours away. I fell in love with her the second I walked into the field. There were so many coincidences with Solstice (the owner had the same surname as me, she'd put it on the day after we lost a sale for another horse etc) that it really feels like we were meant to get her.

So thats where I am now! Solstice will be old enough to ride by next June, so really looking forward to that. People take the piss out of me 24/7 for having horses, but I absolutely love them. They dont cost as much as people make out, and when you do buy one, alot of the time you can sell them for more if you buy them young. The other thing with mares is you can have a foal and that basically means you're freerolling the mother if you sell the foal.

If you've made it this far, thanks alot. Pretty boring post but I abs love my Horses Smiley. Will put some pictures below
JK

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »

Inchy

Click to see full-size image.

Sox

Solstice

Solstice being playful!

As you can see, I have a certain taste for horses lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

People often take the piss through jealouscy. I think this is an excellent hobby and am so pleased I asked now. Great reading and still would love to hear about the swimming even if it's all braggs. I have a cousin who swan for a Doncaster club and holds a few records there. He would have gone to the Sydney Olympics but for breaking his foot.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
JK

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »

People often take the piss through jealouscy. I think this is an excellent hobby and am so pleased I asked now. Great reading and still would love to hear about the swimming even if it's all braggs. I have a cousin who swan for a Doncaster club and holds a few records there. He would have gone to the Sydney Olympics but for breaking his foot.

Might do a post about it soon. I should have been at the London Olympics but I was just a lazy sod. Absolutely killed me watching the swimming, there were people there that I used to beat/compete against and it was really hard.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »

<3 Horses and not just in a degen way I just think they are the most beautiful creatures!!

On a deepstack weekend would love to come to see them!  (in before   yeah you can do that when you dont make day2)

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
JK

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 13, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »

<3 Horses and not just in a degen way I just think they are the most beautiful creatures!!

On a deepstack weekend would love to come to see them!  (in before   yeah you can do that when you dont make day2)

More than welcome mate. Its about 25 mins away from DTD but youll love them if you like horses. Theyre all really sociable and love people
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »

Suppose I can give you guys a reason to take the piss out of me! Since getting with my girlfriend a year last March, Iv got into Horses. Its a pretty stupid sounding hobby reserved for 11 year old girls, but I get so much pleasure from it its unbelievable. Its basically just like having a dog but you can sit on it and ride round!

Yeah,  I love nothin more than sittin down to relax in front of the tv with my horse on my lap. I tickle his horsey belly, he looks up at me lovingly and licks my face then he will pop and fetch my slippers before going to bed where he sleeps in between me and the mrs. <3 Horses
JK

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2012, 10:57:14 PM »

Suppose I can give you guys a reason to take the piss out of me! Since getting with my girlfriend a year last March, Iv got into Horses. Its a pretty stupid sounding hobby reserved for 11 year old girls, but I get so much pleasure from it its unbelievable. Its basically just like having a dog but you can sit on it and ride round!

Yeah,  I love nothin more than sittin down to relax in front of the tv with my horse on my lap. I tickle his horsey belly, he looks up at me lovingly and licks my face then he will pop and fetch my slippers before going to bed where he sleeps in between me and the mrs. <3 Horses

Had a great time riding the dog yesterday too. Went round all the fields round ours and had a race with the mrs sat on her Border Collie. After the dogs back in the field, they went for a drink, ate their fill and had a shit. Best thing is, I didnt even have to clean the shit up, as the dog only eats grass!

<3 dogs
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2012, 11:05:10 PM »

Had a great time riding the dog yesterday too. Went round all the fields round ours and had a race with the mrs sat on her Border Collie. After the dogs back in the field, they went for a drink, ate their fill and had a shit. Best thing is, I didnt even have to clean the shit up, as the dog only eats grass!

<3 dogs
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »

Hate dogs and horses. Korean food and glue ftw

JK

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2012, 12:22:37 PM »

I have the secret to winning at poker! All you have to do is start a diary!

I kid obviously. You have to be a massive luckbox too.

So we did a grind at the house of Goulder/PJ/Stato. They were joined by myself, Jack and Sean for a Sunday session. I absolutely love those Sunday sessions but with work and everything its difficult to do it often. But this week, DRUMROLL PLEASE, we did a win!

Tbh, its not that amazing really, but Im really really pleased and its massively morale boosting. Came 3rd in the Hot 25e on .fr for 1ke. I was a bit gutted to come 3rd as lost QQ<JJ 3 handed to go HU with 1:1 which is really annoying, but had a few lucky ones on the way like 88>JJ with 6 left, J9>AK with 8 left etc.

Could have been an amazing Sunday. We lost AA<AT with 700 left in the Sunday Storm to go to top 20 chips, came 30th in the 6max freezeout that Jack came 2nd in (WP to Jack btw, he played siiick) and also came like 60th in the big 20 (literally just keep going deep in these bigs and hots on .fr, <3 it).

Its nice to not have a moan for once. Wiii Smiley
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »

So we did a grind at the house of Goulder/PJ/Stato.

lol everyone always forgets Thigh.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: