blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:00:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder  (Read 69995 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2011, 03:51:35 PM »

This is so ridic how long this joke has gone on for!

I thought I was being quite respectful in describing someone as an elderly gentleman! Clearly way off the mark as I've had nonstop shit about it ever since!

What's the best way of describing a man in his 50s/60s/70s then please Tikay?

Age is very important in poker so needs to be relayed to gain the best insight. So I'd like to know for the future. Kthx

Why?

Without any history with a player, age is the single most important factor I'd use when decide how to play a hand vs anyone. You can make pretty accurate stereotypes most of the time with most age groups. Appearance probably a close second.

Tonnes of exceptions of course, such as Tikay, who plays like a 19 year old 48tabler SNG grinder.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »

I thought I was being quite respectful in describing someone as an elderly gentleman! Clearly way off the mark as I've had nonstop shit about it ever since!

Age is very important in poker so needs to be relayed to gain the best insight. So I'd like to know for the future. Kthx

Why?

Without any history with a player, age is the single most important factor I'd use when decide how to play a hand vs anyone. You can make pretty accurate stereotypes most of the time with most age groups. Appearance probably a close second.

Tonnes of exceptions of course, such as Tikay, who plays like a 19 year old 48tabler SNG grinder.

The reason TK plays like this is because he knows that he can use the 'old dude' stereotype.

Unfortunately for him he's tez so it's easy to see through.

I agree here entirely btw. Before they give me reason to think otherwise age would be my first indicator of how a person would play.

Young = Aggro spewtard

Middle = TAG

Old = Nit

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »

Why?

The reason TK plays like this is because he knows that he can use the 'old dude' stereotype.

I agree here entirely btw. Before they give me reason to think otherwise age would be my first indicator of how a person would play.

Young = Aggro spewtard

Middle = TAG

Old = Nit

id get totally flamed for writing that lol.

YOUNG ARROGANT COCKY POSH *****!!!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2011, 04:26:42 PM »

You are the above Alex Smiley

Definately agree that I use stereotypes when making decisions. It sounds bad, but it's just the way it is, and until I'm proved that these no longer apply, then I'll still use them. Coincidentally, the one that I have to adapt the most is the younger players, as they're a mixed bag. However, the post in the TR was definately a dig at alex lol.

As Sean mentioned, I pretty much butchered one hand. Guys opens for 1600 at 400/800, we flat KKQ8 with Q8hh, goes to a flop 5 ways and comes Kxx all hearts. Great, we flop second nut with top set. Wiiii! Check, check blinds, PFR checks, we decide to lead for half pot. Everyone folds. At this point I ask mr Simon Trumper to disqualify me for being the worst player in the tournament. Kinda wish he did!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »

Why?

Young = Aggro spewtard

Middle = TAG

Old = Nit

id get totally flamed for writing that lol.

YOUNG ARROGANT COCKY POSH *****!!!

One of the perks of being 36.

Nice to know there's at least one.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »

You are the above Alex Smiley

Definately agree that I use stereotypes when making decisions. It sounds bad, but it's just the way it is, and until I'm proved that these no longer apply, then I'll still use them. Coincidentally, the one that I have to adapt the most is the younger players, as they're a mixed bag. However, the post in the TR was definately a dig at alex lol.

As Sean mentioned, I pretty much butchered one hand. Guys opens for 1600 at 400/800, we flat KKQ8 with Q8hh, goes to a flop 5 ways and comes Kxx all hearts. Great, we flop second nut with top set. Wiiii! Check, check blinds, PFR checks, we decide to lead for half pot. Everyone folds. At this point I ask mr Simon Trumper to disqualify me for being the worst player in the tournament. Kinda wish he did!

Oh shit first ever post I've had automoderated! Oops sorry Cheesy

Btw to help out a noob, what's wrong with the way you play the KKQ8?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »

We're leading the second nuts with the top set re-draw. This is as good as you can possibly flop in PLO, besides top set + NF. The only way we can get value is to either bet and let small flushes hang on/get value from worse sets, or check to let 2 pairs get there/people bluff/worse hands try and bet for value.

This hand is pretty much flopping the bottom end of a SF on TJQ. The only thing we can lose to in one hand on the flop or quads on turn and river. I I would take a mortgage and put it in here lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »

We're leading the second nuts with the top set re-draw. This is as good as you can possibly flop in PLO, besides top set + NF. The only way we can get value is to either bet and let small flushes hang on/get value from worse sets, or check to let 2 pairs get there/people bluff/worse hands try and bet for value.

This hand is pretty much flopping the bottom end of a SF on TJQ. The only thing we can lose to in one hand on the flop or quads on turn and river. I I would take a mortgage and put it in here lol

what so you should check?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »

You are the above Alex Smiley.  

Simon would think you played it well.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »

Why?

Young = Aggro spewtard

Middle = TAG

Old = Nit

Post started so well, & I felt a minor stirring down below, my consummate skills recognized by a Senior Pro at last. Then you penned the 2nd line.

I destroyed dem kidz last night, honest. Even Mitch. A bit.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »

Why?

Young = Aggro spewtard

Middle = TAG

Old = Nit

Post started so well, & I felt a minor stirring down below, my consummate skills recognized by a Senior Pro at last. Then you penned the 2nd line.

I destroyed dem kidz last night, honest. Even Mitch. A bit.

I won the only pot we played together Smiley

Consider yourself crushed

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2011, 06:58:01 PM »

ive never played against someone over 50 who's impressed me.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2011, 06:58:45 PM »

ive never played against someone over 50 who's impressed me.

So I'll suddenly become useless when I reach 50?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
danny_b

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2011, 07:07:03 PM »

what so you should check?

Despite the entertaining ageism, i'm also interested in this hand.

I'm obv a noob to PLO too, but is it ALWAYS that tez to bet here 5 handed?
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2011, 07:12:01 PM »

No it's not always terrible. Jamie's reaction when it snap folded round was priceless, though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: