blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:52:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 488278 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: January 18, 2019, 11:37:14 PM »

Need to sign Herrera up- unsung hero in recent performances

Herrara has been somewhat undershaowed because of all the attacking play but he has been at the hub of everything. I’d like him to stay.

Was a staunch Jose supporter but his ego made his position untenable unfortunately. Would like Poch don’t think Ole will sustain this form.

Pretty sure the management will be doing all they can to hang on to Herrera. Matic has also returned to his best role, and Lindelof has been tremendous playing the ball out of defence.

Clearly difficult for United to continue recent, OGS ‘inspired’ form but for sure they will play a more attractive style of football than Mourinho could ever have countenanced. Can’t get excited about Pochetino and would much prefer to see OGS stay, with Phelan and Carrick alongside him.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: January 19, 2019, 10:31:28 AM »

Just don’t think Ole is even remotely qualified to take the role long term but at the same time can’t fault what he’s done so far. I’m pretty sure Poch will be the man but if Ole continues this golden form then obviously it’s hard to ignore claims for the role.

DDG saved him from his first real setback but as with Poker I guess rather be lucky than good

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 19, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »

I don’t get this thing about being ‘qualified’ for the job. What does Pochetino have on his CV that OGS doesn’t.

His list of League Titles or Cups won is worse than OGS.
His win ratio at Spurs is ok (57%), but they had the title in their grasp and let it slip in Leicester’s year. They are off the pace now and likely to slip further back over the next couple of months.

There were many who thought that Mourinho was qualified.

I was amongst those who thought that Moyes had what was needed. He might still be there if he hadn’t got rid of the entire title winning back room team.

Were there any who really thought that LVG could succeed? That notion vanished pretty quickly in the turgid nature of his plans.

If Pochetino comes then I will be pleased to have him and his style of play which is broadly akin to what this group of players are suited to. But my absolute first choice would be the Solsjkaer/Phelan/Carrick team. Regardless of how the rest of this season plays out.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 19, 2019, 01:15:49 PM »

More to do with style of play, being a moderniser then anything else and of course there’s a huge difference between ole and Poch’s CVs. Everyone’s getting carried away with us beating 6 shit teams when mourinho’s exit was the main impact

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: January 20, 2019, 09:28:35 AM »

More to do with style of play, being a moderniser then anything else and of course there’s a huge difference between ole and Poch’s CVs. Everyone’s getting carried away with us beating 6 shit teams when mourinho’s exit was the main impact

Those six shit teams include Pochetino’s Tottenham, It’s seven now btw...

Let’s just enjoy the games to come and worry about a new manager in the summer.

We have an interesting game on Friday evening to look forward to.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 20, 2019, 10:42:18 AM »

I've realised that my historical dislike of Man U is 100% related to the manager - pre-Ferguson I always appreciated them.

Moyes, Van Gaal and especially Mourinho made it so easy to enjoy the ongoing pain of the united fans.

But Ole, how can anyone not like his little cute face and pleasant demeanour - even enjoyed watching Rashford and Pogba over the last few weeks

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: January 20, 2019, 10:45:47 AM »

Ole really is giving the powers that be at Manchester a bit of a headache. They can't possibly have expected this run of results, & it must have been in their mind to use him to buy time & get through the season, then get rid.

Even better, maybe they already have someone signed up, Poch or whoever, & now they have to sit & grimace as Ole keeps on winning games & they qualify for CL. 

Nice problem to have, but a problem, for sure.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: January 20, 2019, 10:57:53 AM »

Ole really is giving the powers that be at Manchester a bit of a headache. They can't possibly have expected this run of results, & it must have been in their mind to use him to buy time & get through the season, then get rid.

Even better, maybe they already have someone signed up, Poch or whoever, & now they have to sit & grimace as Ole keeps on winning games & they qualify for CL. 

I do agree, but beating those 6 shit teams weren't unexpected, and Spurs was a bit lucky.   People were saying he had run good on the fixtures, so could easily win the first 4 when he was announced.  Hence, saying they couldn't possibly of expected it is a bit of a stretch.

I do think they have an issue though, as I assumed they must have someome lined up when it was announced.

and Nirvana, people are always hating on the top sides; Liverpool were the hated side for a lomg time, then Manchester United, then Chelsea for a while, now Manchester City and so on.   Maybe we get to dislike Liverpool again soon.

Me, I just got older and think I just gave up on hating other football teams. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 20, 2019, 12:42:52 PM »

I do agree, but beating those 6 shit teams weren't unexpected, and Spurs was a bit lucky.   People were saying he had run good on the fixtures, so could easily win the first 4 when he was announced.  Hence, saying they couldn't possibly of expected it is a bit of a stretch.

I do think they have an issue though, as I assumed they must have someome lined up when it was announced.

and Nirvana, people are always hating on the top sides; Liverpool were the hated side for a lomg time, then Manchester United, then Chelsea for a while, now Manchester City and so on.   Maybe we get to dislike Liverpool again soon.

Me, I just got older and think I just gave up on hating other football teams. 

Haha, good last point - I'm nearly there although I am stereotypical in that Liverpool really irritate me at the moment

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: January 20, 2019, 12:52:25 PM »

It's not dissimilar to the Di Matteo situation at Fulham Rd. a few years ago.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: January 20, 2019, 02:27:23 PM »

It's not dissimilar to the Di Matteo situation at Fulham Rd. a few years ago.

That had a decent short term outcome as I recall.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: January 20, 2019, 04:09:33 PM »

Give him the job. Will be great while they stick with him for a year while the gloss wears off.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 24, 2019, 12:22:41 PM »

An interesting read:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/24/jesper-blomqvist-man-utd-treble-winner-found-peace-running-pizzeria/
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 24, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »

Great article, that.

Who wouldn't be happy in a pizzeria Grin

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 25, 2019, 06:23:11 PM »

Score prediction tonight, anyone?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: