blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 487825 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 14, 2011, 06:17:02 AM »

Incred Rooney !! Not since Trevor Sinclair have i seen such a perfectly executed overhaed kick.

lol
Looks good to me Boldielocks, reckon if i tried it 100 times id hit 99 airballs and 1 over the bar  Cheesy

lol..fair point and I couldn't do it but it's not perfectly executed...great goal but a bit overhyped. Hell, it's not even Rooney's best goal ever IMO.

imo they're a bit like goalkeepers saving penalties - there is skill involved, but with just as much luck as well - looks good when they pull it off though and they get a disproportionate amount of praise for them.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »

Incred Rooney !! Not since Trevor Sinclair have i seen such a perfectly executed overhaed kick.

lol
Looks good to me Boldielocks, reckon if i tried it 100 times id hit 99 airballs and 1 over the bar  Cheesy

lol..fair point and I couldn't do it but it's not perfectly executed...great goal but a bit overhyped. Hell, it's not even Rooney's best goal ever IMO.

imo they're a bit like goalkeepers saving penalties - there is skill involved, but with just as much luck as well - looks good when they pull it off though and they get a disproportionate amount of praise for them.

Usually from armchair journos who've never tried an overhead kick in their life!
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2011, 10:42:17 PM »

Obertan and Bebe, worst ever Man UTD players?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2011, 11:02:05 PM »

Obertan and Bebe, worst ever Man UTD players?

I call your Beborbertan, and raise you David Bellion!!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2011, 11:56:36 PM »

Bebe was abs terrible I will be shocked if this goes the other way, he was ridic bad
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2011, 08:43:44 AM »

Djemba Djemba?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2011, 10:35:30 AM »

Djemba Djemba?

so bad they named him twice - arrived at the club in the same summer as Kleberson, also a contender to be at the head of any list of SAF's bad buys.

Kleberson was supposed to replace Juan Sebastian Veron which in a sense he did

The current crop of second string players includes too many who lack substance. Obertan has had his chances, seems unlikely he's got anything more to show. Bebe? Can't see theres much there to deserve too many opportunities. Gibson - an enigma, i think he suffers, as does Carrick, from just 'not being Paul Scholes'.

All that being said, we have Park, Hernandez, Smalling, Valencia when fit, Owen, Carrick, Brown, O'Shea and errmmmmm 

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »

How did Shrek manage to get away with that elbow the other day? Its an absolute joke system the FA have.

MOTD shows that twattenburg clearly wasnt even looking at the incident and yet he's now coming out saying he saw it and was happy with his decision, so apparently you must be allowed go round  throwing stray elbows.

Then you have to listen to Fergie whinging that there will be a witchhunt because It's Rooney and  there was nothing in it. Fck off Fergie, such bullshit.

It was hard to ban Rooney with Chelsea and Liverpool on the horizon I guess.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »

How did Shrek manage to get away with that elbow the other day? Its an absolute joke system the FA have.

MOTD shows that twattenburg clearly wasnt even looking at the incident and yet he's now coming out saying he saw it and was happy with his decision, so apparently you must be allowed go round  throwing stray elbows.

Then you have to listen to Fergie whinging that there will be a witchhunt because It's Rooney and  there was nothing in it. Fck off Fergie, such bullshit.

It was hard to ban Rooney with Chelsea and Liverpool on the horizon I guess.

It's shocking isn't it

compare and contrast two similar incidents http://soccertvlive.blogspot.com/2011/02/video-rooney-elbow-wigan-wayne-rooney.html

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »

They look similar at first but if you look closely you will see that one is against Michael Brown.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2011, 03:59:56 PM »

I think  theres an obvious difference Brown and Gerrard are running towards the ball and Brown is turning round looking for stevie with his arm already raised he was just bet to it thats all that happened there. Where as Rooney was totally unprovoked and then you have the ref lying that he saw it when MOTD shows that he wasnt looking.

Whats your own summation of the two incidents?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »

I think  theres an obvious difference Brown and Gerrard are running towards the ball and Brown is turning round looking for stevie with his arm already raised he was just bet to it thats all that happened there. Where as Rooney was totally unprovoked and then you have the ref lying that he saw it when MOTD shows that he wasnt looking.

Whats your own summation of the two incidents?

They look similar at first but if you look closely you will see that one is against Michael Brown.
/\/\/\/\/\/\
This is a fair point.

My view is that United supporters will rationalise it in the same way that LFC supporters rationalised Gerrard's.

You say "Brown and Gerrard are running towards the ball and Brown is turning round looking for stevie with his arm already raised he was just bet to it thats all that happened there"

I say "McCartjy moves into Rooney's path to block his run towards the ball, Rooney defends himself against a bodycheck."

Both should be punished, Gerrard wasn't, I doubt that Rooney will be.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »

I say "McCartjy moves into Rooney's path to block his run towards the ball, Rooney defends himself against a bodycheck."

this is a beautiful line.

Chelsea fans can say; Ashley Cole was protecting himself from the intern's falling piece of paper so he shot him.

Rooney should have gotten a massive ban for his action there, there is no excuse....other than that he's Wayne Rooney, plays for ManU, the ref is a complete and utter spanner and the FA have no balls whatsoever.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »

Chelsea fans can say; Ashley Cole was protecting himself from the intern's falling piece of paper so he shot him.

Rooney should have gotten a massive ban for his action there, there is no excuse....other than that he's Wayne Rooney, plays for ManU, the ref is a complete and utter spanner and the FA have no balls whatsoever.

Did you read all of the post that you have selectively quoted from?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »

Did you read all of the post that you have selectively quoted from?

Yeah, and I see you agree that he should be banned and were only saying it in response to the Gerrard thing...I just thought it was a beautiful, almost Ancelotti like line. "Our players are not out of control at all, they are all professionals and who hasn't made a mistake in the past?" is roughly what he said yesterday.

You're right Carl baby, except that we never shot anyone at work, you ball-less plonker.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: