blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484673 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »

for every bad rafael challenge you post ill post 10 disgusting filtt ridden carragher ones

that guy is as spiteful and disgusting as a professional footballer gets.
the day someone snaps his leg in a challenge and ends his career is maybe a day when he looks back at his conduct on the pitch

*Cough* Gary Neville *Cough*

gtfo

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2011, 09:10:36 AM »

What do Man U fans think of Fergies tactics in the last couple of games?
For ages now United have been a 451 team in big games. Playing not to lose and hoping that they can nick one at the other end.
This week he went 442 twice and lost twice. I know decisions went against you and 2 points wouldn't have been amazing results either but psycologically it would have been a lot better.
I get the feeling he started to believe they had already won the title and went out to try and embarrass both Chelsea and Liverpool to stop people saying it was the worst United team for ages.
It backfired and we might now actually have a title race.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2011, 09:27:48 AM »

Great performance.

I'm not having "manu were poor, Liverpool weren't good".  Manu are top of the league and this was a Liverpool side embarrassed by West Ham last week.

Today Liverpool wanted it, and were too much for an underperforming manu side, but one that underperformed under the tempo and pressure from Liverpool.

Suarez, Kuyt and Mereiles exceptional.

SAF is arguably (almost unarguably) the best manager in Premier League history - he's delivered trophies for over two decades so I'm not going to start questioning his tactics and team selection in two games, played away from home against two teams with a huge incentive to beat us.

Two more big games this week - ask the question again next Monday after Marseille and Arsenal.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2011, 12:01:41 PM »

For ages now United have been a 451 team in big games. Playing not to lose and hoping that they can nick one at the other end.
This week he went 442 twice and lost twice. I know decisions went against you and 2 points wouldn't have been amazing results either but psycologically it would have been a lot better.
I get the feeling he started to believe they had already won the title and went out to try and embarrass both Chelsea and Liverpool to stop people saying it was the worst United team for ages.
Also meant to mention this point - Fletcher. He's the ultimate big game player. He breaks down so many of the oppositions attacks that you are much less likely to lose with him in the team. Doesn't offer a lot going forward but I think he has scored some headers to decide big games in the past. Overlooked yesterday, I believe, because Fergie wanted/tried to show that it wasn't a tough game anymore and that they didn't have to play negatively as there was little threat from Liverpool.
Then came accross this "Last 7 games vs. Liverpool: 3 wins and 4 defeats. Every time we've won, Fletcher has started; every time we've lost he hasn't"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »

Also meant to mention this point - Fletcher. He's the ultimate big game player. He breaks down so many of the oppositions attacks that you are much less likely to lose with him in the team. Doesn't offer a lot going forward but I think he has scored some headers to decide big games in the past. Overlooked yesterday, I believe, because Fergie wanted/tried to show that it wasn't a tough game anymore and that they didn't have to play negatively as there was little threat from Liverpool.
Then came accross this "Last 7 games vs. Liverpool: 3 wins and 4 defeats. Every time we've won, Fletcher has started; every time we've lost he hasn't"

The point about Fletcher is a good one, and well made. I just don't believe that SAF leaving him out can be put down to the motives you're implying. That being said, I'm not sure why Carrick started and Fletcher didn't. But then, I can't even get a winning team going on Championship Manager.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: March 07, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »

I thought Fletcher was unwell?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 07, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »

[ ] The game against Arsenal in the FA Cup is a big game.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 07, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »

You think trophy-starved Arsenal think this? Seriously?

Will they still think this if they don't progress in the CL this week?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 07, 2011, 05:32:21 PM »

I certainly think that the FA Cup is a distant third when it comes to our present priorities.

We'll only know how important is is to AW when we see the team-sheet, but I expect a team at least half-full of squad-players, hopefully more than half-full if we progress in the CL tomorrow.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »

can we get the spam off this thread please?

In fergie we trust altho I do agree seems strange he has abandoned his 451 policy against the bigger teams

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2011, 11:03:42 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12676378

David Gill questioned by Commons Committee - 'comfortable' with finances although obviously would prefer not to be paying £45m interest...

Net debt falling, slowly. Revenues up 150% since 2006.

There's also a comment about not tlalking to MUST, because they are 'at war' with the club. Seems somewhat harsh and potentially counter-productive. Feels like it comes from the Glazers.

In passing, is Saturday's game now a big one for Arsenal?

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »

its a huge game for us - nevermind arsenal

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2011, 12:16:23 PM »

its a huge game for us - nevermind arsenal

I agree, Ralph didn't...

I certainly think that the FA Cup is a distant third when it comes to our present priorities.

We'll only know how important is is to AW when we see the team-sheet, but I expect a team at least half-full of squad-players, hopefully more than half-full if we progress in the CL tomorrow.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2011, 12:23:05 PM »

i would say that all things considered this is as important a game as the '99 FA cup semi final - in terms of the remainder of our season

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »

Highlight of the day Nani crying like a bitch
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: