blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:42:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484678 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »

He is but he's gotten it wrong so much in Europe. Do you think 2 champions leagues is enough with the sides he's built?

Great performance.

I'm not having "manu were poor, Liverpool weren't good".  Manu are top of the league and this was a Liverpool side embarrassed by West Ham last week.

Today Liverpool wanted it, and were too much for an underperforming manu side, but one that underperformed under the tempo and pressure from Liverpool.

Suarez, Kuyt and Mereiles exceptional.

SAF is arguably (almost unarguably) the best manager in Premier League history - he's delivered trophies for over two decades so I'm not going to start questioning his tactics and team selection in two games, played away from home against two teams with a huge incentive to beat us.

Two more big games this week - ask the question again next Monday after Marseille and Arsenal.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2011, 10:34:21 AM »

He is but he's gotten it wrong so much in Europe. Do you think 2 champions leagues is enough with the sides he's built?

to be fair, that's not a bad point - we've struggled in Europe at times, but so have a lot of other clubs with a similar pedigree. Forest were the last team to win back to back European Cups and that was in the old KO days.

We've won it twice in SAFs reign, and were (well-)beaten finalists once. Barcelona have three in modern times, as do Real and AC Milan, but that's about it for multiple winners, so maybe 2 is enough, maybe not.

We've won a fair amount of other stuff during his reign though

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12676378

David Gill questioned by Commons Committee - 'comfortable' with finances although obviously would prefer not to be paying £45m interest...

Net debt falling, slowly. Revenues up 150% since 2006.

There's also a comment about not tlalking to MUST, because they are 'at war' with the club. Seems somewhat harsh and potentially counter-productive. Feels like it comes from the Glazers.

In passing, is Saturday's game now a big one for Arsenal?

It is of course a much bigger game for us now that we are out of the CL.

It'll be interesting to see how strong a team fergie puts out with Tuesday in mind.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:20 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9421980.stm

like i said.............................

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2011, 10:36:01 PM »

WHY MY POST WERE ALL CANCELLED?Huh?Huh?Huh?/

CANT I HAVE MY SAY??/??
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2011, 10:41:35 PM »

WHY MY POST WERE ALL CANCELLED?Huh?Huh?Huh?/

CANT I HAVE MY SAY??/??
Obv not, pretty harsh imo.  V,funny.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 12, 2011, 02:27:26 PM »

to be fair, that's not a bad point - we've struggled in Europe at times, but so have a lot of other clubs with a similar pedigree. Forest were the last team to win back to back European Cups and that was in the old KO days.

We've won it twice in SAFs reign, and were (well-)beaten finalists once. Barcelona have three in modern times, as do Real and AC Milan, but that's about it for multiple winners, so maybe 2 is enough, maybe not.

1999 and 2008? It's not like the same team has won it more than once. I'm not saying it's a poor record but with teams he's built it should be more.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »

1999 and 2008? It's not like the same team has won it more than once. I'm not saying it's a poor record but with teams he's built it should be more.

you obviously have an agenda that is against acknowledging SAFs achievements, but consider this - he's built three Premiere League dominating teams, and two CL winning teams with the potential to make that three this year (if Barcelona FC is stricken by ebola virus)

and as said before - the days when Paisly could win three with the same team are gone, it's not just 5 matches, four home and away and a Final nowadays

ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »

But its ok for Rooney to elbow someone in the face which SAF brushes off and accuses the press of singling Rooney out?

Not excusing the tackle, it was poor, but the double standards are just rediculous.

Hoping for an all Manchester final now to keep the comp interesting

Best QM ever

FACT !
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »

you obviously have an agenda that is against acknowledging SAFs achievements, but consider this - he's built three Premiere League dominating teams, and two CL winning teams with the potential to make that three this year (if Barcelona FC is stricken by ebola virus)

and as said before - the days when Paisly could win three with the same team are gone, it's not just 5 matches, four home and away and a Final nowadays

Essentially it is just 7 matches: last 16, last 8, last 4 and final.

The group stage of the CL is a meaningless money making vehicle for the big clubs.

All the fancied teams sail through woth no problems and usually play second or third stringers in the last 2 group games.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »

you obviously have an agenda that is against acknowledging SAFs achievements
, but consider this - he's built three Premiere League dominating teams, and two CL winning teams with the potential to make that three this year (if Barcelona FC is stricken by ebola virus)

As much as I'm sure you'd love it to be, it's not personal. Knowledgeable Utd fans I know think you should have won at least one more European Cup, maybe two. I'm amazed you think two is all you should have achieved in 20 odd years.

Where I differ with Utd fans is on SAF's tactics. In 2008 no only did he have the best side but he went and shut up shop when he needed to. If this had been done mroe I'm sure some of the shockers away from home over the years could have been avoided.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »

...so maybe 2 is enough, maybe not.

I'm amazed you think two is all you should have achieved in 20 odd years.

sure said that

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2011, 12:00:43 PM »

sure said that

Ah so you agree then. Glad that's settled.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »

sure said that

sure said that too

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2011, 07:52:51 PM »

sure said that

sure said that too

Easier to dodge I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: