blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:11:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484881 times)
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 28, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »

just take the title now

how must it feel to be 5-1 down and then the opposition throw on giggs and park?

Man City might have something to say about  that, they weren't too shabby either.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: August 28, 2011, 08:59:38 PM »

Wenger is gonna get bummed buying any player on Monday/Tuesday. Everyone just went up 20% to an arsenal buyer!

Quite right as well. I think there should be a massive premium on every team that leaves it till the last minute to buy players. You either have a vision for the next few years or you don't...Wenger clearly doesn't.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 28, 2011, 09:46:41 PM »

Manchester-based England XI
Continue reading the main story

* GK - Joe Hart (City)
    * RB - Micah Richards (City)
    * LB - Joleon Lescott (City)
    * CB - Phil Jones (United)
    * CB - Chris Smalling (United)
    * CM - James Milner (City)
    * CM - Gareth Barry (City)
    * CM - Tom Cleverley (United)
    * RW - Adam Johnson (City)
    * LW - Ashley Young (United)
    * CF - Wayne Rooney (United)
Not a bad team there.

Looking forward to seeing Andersons antics on MOTD.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 28, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »

Wenger is gonna get bummed buying any player on Monday/Tuesday. Everyone just went up 20% to an arsenal buyer!

Quite right as well. I think there should be a massive premium on every team that leaves it till the last minute to buy players. You either have a vision for the next few years or you don't...Wenger clearly doesn't.
Really?
Do you not think it's pretty shrewd leaving your bid for a player who leaves on a free in a years time till the last minute?
Take the offer on the table now or wait till Jan when he's worth at least 50% less (and I think can talk to foreign clubs about a free at the end of the year) or wait till summer and get F'all.
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 28, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »

Really?
Do you not think it's pretty shrewd leaving your bid for a player who leaves on a free in a years time till the last minute?
Take the offer on the table now or wait till Jan when he's worth at least 50% less (and I think can talk to foreign clubs about a free at the end of the year) or wait till summer and get F'all.
Different scenarios surely?
If City's offer for Nasri was rejected they still have a big enough squad to cope (presuming you meant that transfer).

Wenger surely knew a long while ago who he was losing. They have some injuries/suspensions but obviously need defenders/striker!

Get your deals done early on imo, give them a full preseason to settle in and work on anything that the manager feels needs improving.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 28, 2011, 11:58:11 PM »

Sorry was referring to Arsenal's bid for Cahill. Bolton are obviously desperate to sell. Coyle's been talking about interest all Summer but nobody else has. They're £93mil in debt. Doubt Bolton can let him go for free.
I think it's smart to give them a take it or leave it offer on Wednesday rather than signed him for ~5mil more at the start of the summer.
I don't think Wenger expected Nasri to go but he would take Fabregas's position and Gervinho would play wide where Nasri did.
They need to find a midfielder that they hadn't planned on but I think they've just been pretty unlucky with injuries.
You can argue that Arsenal can't attract the top talent anymore but think it's unfair to say he hasn't tried to strengthen he was after Smalling, Jones and Mata who have all turned them down.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 29, 2011, 12:14:13 AM »

Unreal from Man U but Man City will challenge until the end and could well win the title.
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 29, 2011, 12:37:09 AM »

Unreal from Man U but Man City will challenge until the end and could well win the title.

This is a 2 horse race, a la Rangers v Celtic and Barca v Real Madrid. Both teams buzzing at this stage of the season, WTF! On history I would say Man U hands down, but what has impressed me about Citeh is their total dominance across the park. Chelski simply do not have the energy and its possible Liverpool may chase them hard for third!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: August 29, 2011, 07:18:44 AM »

Sorry was referring to Arsenal's bid for Cahill. Bolton are obviously desperate to sell. Coyle's been talking about interest all Summer but nobody else has. They're £93mil in debt. Doubt Bolton can let him go for free.
I think it's smart to give them a take it or leave it offer on Wednesday rather than signed him for ~5mil more at the start of the summer.

I doubt very much that Cahill will go to Arsenal for 6-7mill. Obv if they sign him for approx 12mill they will have him for 8mill less than they could have signed him in January (when Bolton wanted approx 20mill).

Yes, very shrewd...he might have saved you £8mill...WP Wenger.

Oh, but hang on a minute..how did you do in the second part of last season? How much do you think that cost you?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 15, 2011, 10:09:28 AM »

Giggs scores again  Wink

All in all a decent performance and the point away from home that SAF looks for to go with nine from winning the home matches to pretty much guarantee a quarter final place.

Good run out for Fletcher and Valencia and a good showing from Lindegaard.

One up front isn't our most free flowing system, but it does the job.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 15, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you meant 2nd round.
Got to be pretty confident to think a point away means that you'll sail through your first knockout game when you could easily play Bayern or Milan
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 15, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you meant 2nd round.
Got to be pretty confident to think a point away means that you'll sail through your first knockout game when you could easily play Bayern or Milan

You're correct of course - although confidence is high

Really looking forward to Sunday now, this fels like a good time to be playing Chelsea

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 15, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »

where was young? injrued?

who will play when young/nani/valencia are all back?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 15, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »

where was young? injrued?

who will play when young/nani/valencia are all back?

SAF said after the game that he gave Young a rest.

Perm any two from three of Young/Nani/Valencia atm I don't think there's much between them. I think Nani may not react quite as well as the other two to being 'rested'/used as a sub though. Does that mean he starts more to get more from him? Maybe.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 19, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »

Carlsberg don't do weekend football results, but if they did...

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: