blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 487635 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: November 04, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »

25 years of Fergie (well on Sunday anyways).

Remarkable, and still the best manager in the league.

WP

Arguably. There have been seasons when other managers with more limited resources have achieved above expectations (see Pardew @NUFC in the opening part of this season, or Moyes @Everton for the past 5 or 6 seasons amongst others)

Not a clue who will replace him if indeed he's replaceable. The Phil Neville interview on the R5 tribute including him saying something along the lines of it having to be someone with a United history. Phil's suggestions were Brian Robson, Mark Hughes, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville.
I honestly don't have words to express my fear that one of those could be the next manager of Manchester United. I'd rather have Mourinho, and I don't want him either.
Maybe Guardiola would fancy the job? dreams...

Hopefully SAF has another 10 years in him. My dad's 85 and is still Chairman and non-playing captain of his Bowls Team so you never know.

Would be stunned of Neville or Giggs would get the job (Or Robson for that matter and think hughes would be a mistake). Mourinho has gotten too big for his boots now IMO. When he came to Chelsea he was funny, slightly arrogant but he knew what was decent and what not. He's just a whiny little b*tch now (if still a good manager obv).

Guardiola would be a good shout. Young up and coming manager who has shown he can handle life at a big club and he is by no means tied to Barca for the rest of his life.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 04, 2011, 04:41:19 PM »

i fucking hate it that you and the rest of the country label yourself United.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 04, 2011, 04:45:55 PM »

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: November 04, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »

Who labels who United? Or is this just a "There is only one Utd and that's NUFC?"

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 04, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »

Who labels who United? Or is this just a "There is only one Utd and that's NUFC?"

I make an effort not to do this.

Although I reckon most people know which team is being referred to when the short form is used.

Do you hate it when people refer to the two Midlands clubs as The Albion, or Villa?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 04, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »

Although I reckon most people know which team is being referred to when the short form is used.

Do you hate it when people refer to the two Midlands clubs as The Albion, or Villa?

Thats no where near the same thing.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 05, 2011, 07:50:17 AM »

No? Really? Gosh!

More seriously, I do get rather tired of seeing Manchester United Footbakll Club referred to as 'manure'

And at an even higher level of seriousness.

I am aware enough of the prejudices of certain posters not to have to seek for contextual reference when any football team is referrred to as 'the scum'. I know that that is intended to indicate Manchester United Football Club, I know it stems from feelings of envy and insecurity, and i know it indicates a certain lack of balance and maturity in the poster. But it is annoying just the same.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 05, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »

No? Really? Gosh!

More seriously, I do get rather tired of seeing Manchester United Footbakll Club referred to as 'manure'

I am aware enough of the prejudices of certain posters not to have to seek for contextual reference when any football team is referrred to as 'the scum'. I know that that is intended to indicate Manchester United Football Club, I know it stems from feelings of envy and insecurity, and i know it indicates a certain lack of balance and maturity in the poster. But it is annoying just the same.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 06, 2011, 12:10:44 AM »

Nice to name the stand after Fergie and do it as a suprise, obv much deserved.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 06, 2011, 04:04:58 AM »

But you London Reds fans chant "we all hate Leeds scum" no?

Anyway, my Grandad calls you Scum, my Dad calls you Scum and I will teach my son Luke to call you Scum. Because thats the way its always been. Because you are (not you personally, I'm sure your a tremendous bloke).

Its probably difficult for you to understand, your Grandad/Dad probably support their local clubs, Stevenage or Plymouth or Exeter or whom ever.

And thats fine.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 06, 2011, 07:26:12 AM »

Anyway, my Grandad calls you Scum, my Dad calls you Scum and I will teach my son Luke to call you Scum. Because thats the way its always been. Because you are (not you personally, I'm sure your a tremendous bloke).

Its probably difficult for you to understand, your Grandad/Dad probably support their local clubs, Stevenage or Plymouth or Exeter or whom ever.

And thats fine.

Yawn

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 06, 2011, 08:22:07 AM »

And thats fine.

So London Reds were born in Plymouth or Exeter? Do they not teach anything in school these days?

More to the point, and more seriously. Your family sounds really pleasant, do they still use all the other offensive descriptors for people or is it just Manchester United Football Club? Anyway, I'm sure Sunday afternoon tea with the Hornerises must be a delight.

My dad supports Manchester United Football Club btw, and has done for nearly 60 yrs, my attachment just goes back to 1963

Unlike yours, my Dad didn't force me to support any club, and brought me up to have respect for others and especially not to refer to any group of people by any sort of offensive term.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:33:22 AM by david3103 » Logged

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 06, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »

And thats fine.

So London Reds were born in Plymouth or Exeter? Do they not teach anything in school these days?

More to the point, and more seriously. Your family sounds really pleasant, do they still use all the other offensive descriptors for people or is it just Manchester United Football Club? Anyway, I'm sure Sunday afternoon tea with the Hornerises must be a delight.

My dad supports Manchester United Football Club btw, and has done for nearly 60 yrs, my attachment just goes back to 1963

Unlike yours, my Dad didn't force me to support any club, and brought me up to have respect for others and especially not to refer to any group of people by any sort of offensive term.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 06, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »

And thats fine.

the problem is with fans like you the football league will die and we will end up with 3 or 4 clubs with all the "supporters".

Your dad not explaining the importance of supporting your local club is the problem here, you make out like its a good thing getting everybody to support Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool etc whereas it breaks my heart as I know what its like to have a real affiliation with my club and I would hate to see a league of 20... how much fun is the scottish league?

I'm from Leeds, I love Leeds and I support my local club.  I go to games because my team is local to me.  Lots of Man Utd "fans" don't go because they live 100 miles away.

You struggle to understand what it is like to support a team, not because they are doing well or will win all the trophies but because they are YOUR team.  When Leeds lose it hurts, when we win I'm delighted.  I'm pretty sure you don't care as much as proper fans as you simply picked your team.

It would be like me picking to support a different country... if I started wearing a Spanish shirt and got the pencil case and lunch box telling everybody that my dad took me to Spain when I was 3 and that I've supported them for 25 years would that make it ok?  No because its ridiculous.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 06, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »

And thats fine.

the problem is with fans like you the football league will die and we will end up with 3 or 4 clubs with all the "supporters".

Your dad not explaining the importance of supporting your local club is the problem here, you make out like its a good thing getting everybody to support Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool etc whereas it breaks my heart as I know what its like to have a real affiliation with my club and I would hate to see a league of 20... how much fun is the scottish league?

I'm from Leeds, I love Leeds and I support my local club.  I go to games because my team is local to me.  Lots of Man Utd "fans" don't go because they live 100 miles away.

You struggle to understand what it is like to support a team, not because they are doing well or will win all the trophies but because they are YOUR team.  When Leeds lose it hurts, when we win I'm delighted.  I'm pretty sure you don't care as much as proper fans as you simply picked your team.

It would be like me picking to support a different country... if I started wearing a Spanish shirt and got the pencil case and lunch box telling everybody that my dad took me to Spain when I was 3 and that I've supported them for 25 years would that make it ok?  No because its ridiculous.

Sov with all respect you know fuck all about what he does/does not feel about United. Just cos your team is shit doesn't mean you support them anymore then Man U fans do

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: