blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484774 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 06, 2011, 09:22:12 AM »

And at an even higher level of seriousness.

I am aware enough of the prejudices of certain posters not to have to seek for contextual reference when any football team is referrred to as 'the scum'. I know that that is intended to indicate Manchester United Football Club, I know it stems from feelings of envy and insecurity, and i know it indicates a certain lack of balance and maturity in the poster. But it is annoying just the same.

But you London Reds fans chant "we all hate Leeds scum" no?

Anyway, my Grandad calls you Scum, my Dad calls you Scum and I will teach my son Luke to call you Scum. Because thats the way its always been. Because you are (not you personally, I'm sure your a tremendous bloke).

Its probably difficult for you to understand, your Grandad/Dad probably support their local clubs, Stevenage or Plymouth or Exeter or whom ever.

And thats fine.

So London Reds were born in Plymouth or Exeter? Do they not teach anything in school these days?

More to the point, and more seriously. Your family sounds really pleasant, do they still use all the other offensive descriptors for people or is it just Manchester United Football Club? Anyway, I'm sure Sunday afternoon tea with the Hornerises must be a delight.

My dad supports Manchester United Football Club btw, and has done for nearly 60 yrs, my attachment just goes back to 1963

Unlike yours, my Dad didn't force me to support any club, and brought me up to have respect for others and especially not to refer to any group of people by any sort of offensive term.

the problem is with fans like you the football league will die and we will end up with 3 or 4 clubs with all the "supporters".

Your dad not explaining the importance of supporting your local club is the problem here, you make out like its a good thing getting everybody to support Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool etc whereas it breaks my heart as I know what its like to have a real affiliation with my club and I would hate to see a league of 20... how much fun is the scottish league?

I'm from Leeds, I love Leeds and I support my local club.  I go to games because my team is local to me.  Lots of Man Utd "fans" don't go because they live 100 miles away.

You struggle to understand what it is like to support a team, not because they are doing well or will win all the trophies but because they are YOUR team.  When Leeds lose it hurts, when we win I'm delighted.  I'm pretty sure you don't care as much as proper fans as you simply picked your team.

It would be like me picking to support a different country... if I started wearing a Spanish shirt and got the pencil case and lunch box telling everybody that my dad took me to Spain when I was 3 and that I've supported them for 25 years would that make it ok?  No because its ridiculous.

Sov with all respect you know fuck all about what he does/does not feel about United. Just cos your team is shit doesn't mean you support them anymore then Man U fans do

you have missed my point G2L.  it is impossible to have the same connection with a club you support from 100 miles away.  When leeds won the title I was in the city centre with my fellow people of leeds.  You havent even been to old trafford have you?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 06, 2011, 09:23:31 AM »

I am aware enough of the prejudices of certain posters not to have to seek for contextual reference when any football team is referrred to as 'the scum'. I know that that is intended to indicate Manchester United Football Club, I know it stems from feelings of envy and insecurity, and i know it indicates a certain lack of balance and maturity in the poster. But it is annoying just the same.

Anyway, my Grandad calls you Scum, my Dad calls you Scum and I will teach my son Luke to call you Scum. Because thats the way its always been. Because you are (not you personally, I'm sure your a tremendous bloke).

Its probably difficult for you to understand, your Grandad/Dad probably support their local clubs, Stevenage or Plymouth or Exeter or whom ever.

And thats fine.

So London Reds were born in Plymouth or Exeter? Do they not teach anything in school these days?

More to the point, and more seriously. Your family sounds really pleasant, do they still use all the other offensive descriptors for people or is it just Manchester United Football Club? Anyway, I'm sure Sunday afternoon tea with the Hornerises must be a delight.

My dad supports Manchester United Football Club btw, and has done for nearly 60 yrs, my attachment just goes back to 1963

Unlike yours, my Dad didn't force me to support any club, and brought me up to have respect for others and especially not to refer to any group of people by any sort of offensive term.

the problem is with fans like you the football league will die and we will end up with 3 or 4 clubs with all the "supporters".

Your dad not explaining the importance of supporting your local club is the problem here, you make out like its a good thing getting everybody to support Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool etc whereas it breaks my heart as I know what its like to have a real affiliation with my club and I would hate to see a league of 20... how much fun is the scottish league?

I'm from Leeds, I love Leeds and I support my local club.  I go to games because my team is local to me.  Lots of Man Utd "fans" don't go because they live 100 miles away.

You struggle to understand what it is like to support a team, not because they are doing well or will win all the trophies but because they are YOUR team.  When Leeds lose it hurts, when we win I'm delighted.  I'm pretty sure you don't care as much as proper fans as you simply picked your team.

It would be like me picking to support a different country... if I started wearing a Spanish shirt and got the pencil case and lunch box telling everybody that my dad took me to Spain when I was 3 and that I've supported them for 25 years would that make it ok?  No because its ridiculous.

Sov with all respect you know fuck all about what he does/does not feel about United. Just cos your team is shit doesn't mean you support them anymore then Man U fans do

you have missed my point G2L.  it is impossible to have the same connection with a club you support from 100 miles away.  When leeds won the title I was in the city centre with my fellow people of leeds.  You havent even been to old trafford have you?

Not getting into this again as you're obv just trying to wind me up. Glad u enjoyed your title win many moons ago. What was it like in the city centre when you when down to league 2?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 06, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »

And thats fine.

Not getting into this again as you're obv just trying to wind me up. Glad u enjoyed your title win many moons ago. What was it like in the city centre when you when down to league 2?

you fail to understand that by digging my team it just shows you up for the glory supporter you are.  you picked your team based on previous success and its all you've got.  I will follow leeds regardless of league position because I'm a loyal supporter.

Glory supporters pick a team then spend there lives explaining why they are a real supporter.  The thing they miss is they will never be, no matter how many shirts you buy or how many times you tell us that your uncle/brother/dad/neighbour supported them so you did too.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 06, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »

And thats fine.

you fail to understand that by digging my team it just shows you up for the glory supporter you are.  you picked your team based on previous success and its all you've got.  I will follow leeds regardless of league position because I'm a loyal supporter.

Glory supporters pick a team then spend there lives explaining why they are a real supporter.  The thing they miss is they will never be, no matter how many shirts you buy or how many times you tell us that your uncle/brother/dad/neighbour supported them so you did too.

Yup I'm a glory hunter. Now fuck off to another thread and make your worthless point.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 06, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »

No digs, I have some sympathy for the view that football may be polarised by the trend towards supporting only the TV friendly, big audience ratings clubs.

How did you choose which of your local clubs to support though? What stops you from being a Leeds City supporter?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 06, 2011, 09:50:22 AM »

And thats fine.

Yup I'm a glory hunter. Now fuck off to another thread and make your worthless point.

Thats a bit aggressive George, if I didnt like you so much I would report this aggressive abuse.

I only posted in response to some silly comments... I will be on my way now George

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 06, 2011, 09:52:21 AM »

No digs, I have some sympathy for the view that football may be polarised by the trend towards supporting only the TV friendly, big audience ratings clubs.

How did you choose which of your local clubs to support though? What stops you from being a Leeds City supporter?

The fact they didnt exist.  Obviously you can take it to the Nth degree like why didnt i support the under 9's team etc.  I just personally believe that football would be much more competitive if everybody supported there local league team.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 06, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »

The fact they didnt exist.  Obviously you can take it to the Nth degree like why didnt i support the under 9's team etc.  I just personally believe that football would be much more competitive if everybody supported there local league team.

You may well be right, and I do support Northampton Town, as much as I can from a home in the North East,

But whoever I support, I don't refer to others as scum, which was where this flurry of posts began. Where do you stand on that?

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 06, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »

You may well be right, and I do support Northampton Town, as much as I can from a home in the North East,

But whoever I support, I don't refer to others as scum, which was where this flurry of posts began. Where do you stand on that?

I was trying not to post on this thread as I have upset George and it wasnt really my intention. 

The scum thing is a funny debate really, i think most fans call each other scum, whilst its not a very nice word I dont think that its worth getting upset about.  Leeds fans are called scum by man utd fans more than the other way round pretty much because through every single game played at old trafford and also most away games Man Utd fans sing "we all hate leeds scum", its non-stop for many games even champions league games. 

From time to time I have referred to Man Utd as scum but its not something I do that often really.  I guess its one of those things and in my opinion not really that bad.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 06, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »

And thats fine.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 06, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »

This is why we have such good support, it's not because the Geordies love there football, although a lot do, we are a 1 team city, Newcastle is they only local club to support for quite a distance, and so most of us do.

This isn't trolling but Man U's away following is well known for bringing good support, they are up there with the best away supporters in the Premier Lge for sure, this may be bullshit but I was under the impression that a lot of them are Man U fans from Manchester that refuse to go to the home games ?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 06, 2011, 01:38:45 PM »

i thought you lived or was from bradford, am i wrong?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 06, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »

ouch that cuts deep.  I was born and bred in Leeds.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 06, 2011, 02:25:49 PM »

ouch that cuts deep.  I was born and bred in Leeds.
lol. sorry just realised its girgles from braddy.... nowadays scunny through and throuigh myself but had fun following leeds on the train in the early/mid eighties. scunny whites getting along and travelling with grimsby and donny whites yet i cant stand either of the neighbours teams.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 22, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »

Next United manager?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8897844/Jim-White-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-reveals-why-Manchester-United-hot-seat-is-his-burning-ambition.html

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: