blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:17:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484738 times)
LeeMcshane

The only difference between praying in a Church an

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: April 23, 2012, 04:26:01 AM »

Reallly hoping that united win the league esp as im a man u fan. but i have this strange feeling with everything that has been going on with the results and after todays games. Also the way the whole Carlos Teves saga has gone on and the form they hit since they brought him back the last few games, I wont be suprised if it setting something up for a special occasion for him to shine in this game and and score the winning goal for city! That could win them the league!! Really have a bad feeling about it. Big twitchy bum times for UTD fans.

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 23, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »

Twice in recent seasons we've let a two goal lead slip vs Everton and it could prove very expensive.

Do we need to buy?

The old guard defence is on it's way out and Evans/Smalling/Jones will grow into their roles next season. Hopefully with Vidic adding experience and ability when fit. Rio's time is close to the end as, I fear, is Evra's but the twins should step up and with Valencia and Young doing their share of tracking back and Jones/Smalling/Evra all there as options it may be that one extra fullback is enough. Maybe two.

Midfield - the eternal problem. SAF has a track record of expensive failures in this area and all we can do is hope that he finds the right buy if we make one. Or that the monkey gland treatement keeps working on Scholes and Giggs.

Wingers - apparently we're looking at two or three to add to the three dozen we already seem to have...

Strikers - see above

in a week and a day we could be celebrating having effectively secured another title, or getting out the prediction kits and signing up as Toon Army affiliates.

PS - Lay the nil-nil scoreline

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 23, 2012, 03:40:25 PM »

Rio is shot, can't see him playing if Vidic was fit.

Would like to see Clint Dempsey there next season.

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 23, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »

what for?

all he will be doing is sitting on the bench then play 20 mins of a match occasionally

Just me
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 23, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »

what for?

all he will be doing is sitting on the bench then play 20 mins of a match occasionally

Nah, Dempsey is incred.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 23, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »

5 points wins Man U the title. Could lose it with 6.

I thought it was (fairly) interesting
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 23, 2012, 08:50:51 PM »

5 points wins Man U the title. Could lose it with 6.

I thought it was (fairly) interesting

It's all about winning the right five points...

This time next week Rodney...

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 23, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »

Fergie has kept faith with the old guard defensive team in the second half of the season and the results are there to see for yourself, rio for someone who looked so bad and injury prone has excelled without vidic to hold fort. It's telling Smalling and jones are benched and apart from the odd blip look at the goals against in the last 10 league games it's championship stats.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 24, 2012, 08:56:10 AM »

Fergie has kept faith with the old guard defensive team in the second half of the season and the results are there to see for yourself, rio for someone who looked so bad and injury prone has excelled without vidic to hold fort. It's telling Smalling and jones are benched and apart from the odd blip look at the goals against in the last 10 league games it's championship stats.

We kept clean sheets against Villa, Fulham, Blackburn, West Brom n Wolves...

We conceded vs Bilbao, Tottenham, Wigan, Everton and Chelsea, and apart from Tottenham all those goals conceded cost us dearly.
The link seems to be that these teams attacked us harder and competed with us in midfield - Scholes has been brilliant but he inevitably needs a little more space these days and we need to be able to man up in games when the oppostion have a proper go (and the talent to go with the effort)

jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:55 AM »

Twice in recent seasons we've let a two goal lead slip vs Everton and it could prove very expensive.

Do we need to buy?

The old guard defence is on it's way out and Evans/Smalling/Jones will grow into their roles next season. Hopefully with Vidic adding experience and ability when fit. Rio's time is close to the end as, I fear, is Evra's but the twins should step up and with Valencia and Young doing their share of tracking back and Jones/Smalling/Evra all there as options it may be that one extra fullback is enough. Maybe two.

Midfield - the eternal problem. SAF has a track record of expensive failures in this area and all we can do is hope that he finds the right buy if we make one. Or that the monkey gland treatement keeps working on Scholes and Giggs.

Wingers - apparently we're looking at two or three to add to the three dozen we already seem to have...

Strikers - see above

in a week and a day we could be celebrating having effectively secured another title, or getting out the prediction kits and signing up as Toon Army affiliates.

PS - Lay the nil-nil scoreline

Top post, will add some thoughts soon, remember we've got some real talent emerging still! Two Keane's for starters.

Loving this season, just hope I still am after Monday night.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 30, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »

In first with this...

Scene: The Away Dressing Room  at The Etihad Stadium, 15 minutes before kick off tonight

"Right lads we should have had this title wrapped up but we've been sloppy. We can't let this lot snatch it now because they'll never let us live it down. They stung us on the Munich Anniversary and stuffed us 6-1 at ours.
I don't care what you do. Push, pull, elbow kick or dive. Get the fuck out there and get it done!
"
At this point Sir Alex Ferguson steps forward and says "OK ref, I'll take it from here"

Seriously though - this is so big tonight. I don't know if I can cope with watching it. May leave it to halftime and see how it looks. Wouldn't want to miss seeing a win, would loathe being in a room full of haters as we lose.

The positive note for us is that a loss tonight is a lot less final for us than it is for them.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 30, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »

In first with this...

Scene: The Away Dressing Room  at The Etihad Stadium, 15 minutes before kick off tonight

"Right lads we should have had this title wrapped up but we've been sloppy. We can't let this lot snatch it now because they'll never let us live it down. They stung us on the Munich Anniversary and stuffed us 6-1 at ours.
I don't care what you do. Push, pull, elbow kick or dive. Get the fuck out there and get it done!
"
At this point Sir Alex Ferguson steps forward and says "OK ref, I'll take it from here"

Seriously though - this is so big tonight. I don't know if I can cope with watching it. May leave it to halftime and see how it looks. Wouldn't want to miss seeing a win, would loathe being in a room full of haters as we lose.

The positive note for us is that a loss tonight is a lot less final for us than it is for them.
U r freeroliing m8, even if they loose which is highly unlikey as utd are 1/2 ish to get a draw or a win can you honestly see city getting result at newcastle !
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 30, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »

In first with this...

"

U r freeroliing m8, even if they loose which is highly unlikey as utd are 1/2 ish to get a draw or a win can you honestly see city getting result at newcastle !
Hey Pete. What's your side to the story regarding asking Cos his alias without giving yours up. I can see why he would be annoyed and it does look bad on you

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 30, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »

Very tame from the mancs tonight, City thoroughly deserved winners, poor team selection imo from Fergie.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 30, 2012, 10:42:24 PM »

Nothing, not even losing to City can take the edge off my mood this week.

Off to bed to polish my Golden Chip

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: