blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 488130 times)
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: May 26, 2012, 02:14:31 PM »

What's wrong with man u?

Man .U. is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man .u." is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man .U. Man .U. went on a plane Man .U. Man .U. never came back again"

and..

"Man .U. Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying man .u. is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 26, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »

What's wrong with man u?

Man .U. is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man .u." is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man .U. Man .U. went on a plane Man .U. Man .U. never came back again"

and..

"Man .U. Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying man .u. is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

Its the same when rival fans call my club Arse - they are definitely mugging us off and it makes me so furious.

Often they play with the whole you/u thing as well whether in written or spoken form with things often thrown at me like 'you arse', 'u arse'. Fks me right off

sola virtus nobilitat
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 26, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »

Sorry didn't know that

I thought man u is for the Chinese fans who cant say united very well

Just me
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 26, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »

The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club

Not true, I've often used it but was oblivious to how much it insults until you posted it.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 26, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »

The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club

Not true, I've often used it but was oblivious to how much it insults until you posted it.

I know loads of Utd fans over 30 who use it totally innocently. Several are season ticket holders too. I think it may be more of a generational thing?
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 27, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »

I know loads of Utd fans over 30 who use it totally innocently. Several are season ticket holders too. I think it may be more of a generational thing?

I'm only 40, lol.

We've clearly got loads of fans who started supporting in the 90's, nothing wrong with that, I love that we are the most supported club worldwide (and in Manchester), just know your history, don't want this to come across the wrong way, but if you didn't know fair enough, you do now ;-).

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 27, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »

ManYoo or ManUre ok pokerfan!?

?

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 27, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »

I'm only 40, lol.

We've clearly got loads of fans who started supporting in the 90's, nothing wrong with that, I love that we are the most supported club worldwide (and in Manchester), just know your history, don't want this to come across the wrong way, but if you didn't know fair enough, you do now ;-).

and 
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 27, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »

very much doubt most fans that refer to manchester united as Man U are doing it as an insult.  We normally call you scum but on here we cant use that word without getting in bother.

Happy to use scum if manu is too offensive?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 27, 2012, 01:26:30 PM »

very much doubt most fans that refer to manchester united as Man U are doing it as an insult.  We normally call you scum but on here we cant use that word without getting in bother.

Happy to use scum if manu is too offensive?

Personally, I'm happy with Man U on that basis

I got stick for referring to 'United' with no geographical indicator, so tend to refer to Manchester United unless the context makes it clear. Those who refer to any team as 'sc*m' should probably do likewise.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 27, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »

My bad, a case of mistaken identity, I thought it was you that started the whole ManU is offensive thing!
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 27, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »

My bad, a case of mistaken identity, I thought it was you that started the whole ManU is offensive thing!

K, don't get it myself, paranoid Mancs obv.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 27, 2012, 05:31:03 PM »

going to be a special one

18yo Nick Powell of Crewe, going to OT this summer it seems

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 27, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »

Twitter was full of speculation yesterday that the Hazard deal was more or less done.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 28, 2012, 07:44:26 AM »

I'm only 40, lol.

and 

I'm considering doing a Barton, taking out all the posters not respecting my club on my way off. Then I remembered, I don't support (buy home tickets, shirts, scarfs etc) MUFC while the glaziers are owners, FCUM all the way.

One quick question, why is a biindipper so involved in a MUFC thread?

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: