blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:31:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484755 times)
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: May 28, 2012, 07:50:54 AM »

The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club

Not true, I've often used it but was oblivious to how much it insults until you posted it.

I know loads of Utd fans over 30 who use it totally innocently. Several are season ticket holders too. I think it may be more of a generational thing?

I'm only 40, lol.

We've clearly got loads of fans who started supporting in the 90's, nothing wrong with that, I love that we are the most supported club worldwide (and in Manchester), just know your history, don't want this to come across the wrong way, but if you didn't know fair enough, you do now ;-).

and 

My bad we're the most supported 'SPORTS' team, you're not suggesting the bindippers are anywhere near us are you? ;-)

What do I get, no sleep at night.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »

I would prefer it if you replace support with favourite team. Since most of your "supporters" have never been to Manchester nevermind old trafford.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 28, 2012, 12:40:54 PM »

I would prefer it if you replace support with favourite team. Since most of your "supporters" have never been to Manchester nevermind old trafford.

Why would I do that, I grew up there, and don't care where supporters are from, why would anyone really? They buy a top, it's supports the club. United's support worldwide goes back long before I was born.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 28, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »

Why would I do that, I grew up there, and don't care where supporters are from, why would anyone really? They buy a top, it's supports the club. United's support worldwide goes back long before I was born.

Follow might be the most accurate - I agree that whether you've been to Manchester or Old Trafford doesn't suggest you haven't supported them.

But I expect to include all the fans around the world there are probably a lot who haven't ever paid out any money in the process (I've followed Manchester United since the 80's and I've never spent any money on it apart from buying pints in a pub to watch a game)

Most followed club/most followers in the World then?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 28, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »

Don't worry Jack. These haters have nothing better to do cos they're own teams are so poor Smiley

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 28, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »

The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club

Not true, I've often used it but was oblivious to how much it insults until you posted it.

I know loads of Utd fans over 30 who use it totally innocently. Several are season ticket holders too. I think it may be more of a generational thing?

I'm only 40, lol.

We've clearly got loads of fans who started supporting in the 90's, nothing wrong with that, I love that we are the most supported club worldwide (and in Manchester), just know your history, don't want this to come across the wrong way, but if you didn't know fair enough, you do now ;-).

and 

I'm considering doing a Barton, taking out all the posters not respecting my club on my way off. Then I remembered, I don't support (buy home tickets, shirts, scarfs etc) MUFC while the glaziers are owners, FCUM all the way.

One quick question, why is a biindipper so involved in a MUFC thread?

Pretty com you use an offensive term like bindipper then worry about the questionably offensive 'Man Yoo' being used?

I'm just a footy fan. I've read lots of autobigraphies of Utd players (and your manager) too would you believe. Fair play on the Glaziers. Obv scumbags. After what happened at our gaff I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Even yoos lot.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 28, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »

I'm only 40, lol.

and 

My bad we're the most supported 'SPORTS' team, you're not suggesting the bindippers are anywhere near us are you? ;-)

Actually, we're not that far away, but no I wasn't suggesting we are ahead of you. Others are though.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 28, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »

Hazard just tweeted he's signing for Chelsea.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 28, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »

Says a lot about how Chelsea are run when they don't even have a manager. If I was a footballer I wouldn't be signing for a club without having spoken to the current manager, unless the next man has already been decided and he has done so.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 28, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »

Says a lot about how Chelsea are run when they don't even have a manager. If I was a footballer I wouldn't be signing for a club without having spoken to the current manager, unless the next man has already been decided and he has done so.

Yeah all a bit bizarre.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 28, 2012, 09:15:50 PM »

Two weeks ago he was joining a club from Manchester in his own words. That CL win for Chelsea may end up more important to the future of their club than they realised. Great signing.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 28, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »

Don't worry Jack. These haters have nothing better to do cos they're own teams are so poor Smiley

Hey George, we havent crossed paths for a while.  Hope all is well with you and yours

xx

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 28, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »

Two weeks ago he was joining a club from Manchester in his own words. That CL win for Chelsea may end up more important to the future of their club than they realised. Great signing.

Other than money, which I'd guess is the reason, I can't think of one reason he'd choose Chelsea over Manchester United ( no idea what abv of that is acceptable now, totally unaware of the implications). Unless Abromovich has told him he plans to spend £100m+ I'd definitely have taken them over Chelsea in a LL for the CL next season.

Then again maybe I'm underestimating the London factor.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »

Other than money, which I'd guess is the reason, I can't think of one reason he'd choose Chelsea over Manchester United ( no idea what abv of that is acceptable now, totally unaware of the implications). Unless Abromovich has told him he plans to spend £100m+ I'd definitely have taken them over Chelsea in a LL for the CL next season.

prob wants to join a club with a trophy this year & loyal local supporters... well its that or money

Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 28, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »

Don't want to start anything but I find this particular abbreviation of abbreviation pretty offensive. 

Please only use the shortened version 'abbv' in the future as the other one has offensive historical connotations for me.

Thanks for being so understanding.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: