blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 487576 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: January 22, 2013, 07:15:23 AM »

Baffles me why they just don't buy proven keepers. Spurs got Lloris for 10 mill. Even Fridel for free last summer along with De Gea would have been a good signing

Maybe someone who has a Euro and World Cup Winners medal?

Fabien Barthez for example?

Clubs don't buy many goalkeepers, and you and Ho seem to think that life began with Schmeichel. He, by the way, had very little on his cv when we bought him whilst Barthez was a Euro and WC winner.

We had a couple of mis-steps between Schmeichel and van der Saar, but we won titles along the way and SAF is a far shrewder judge of talent than any of us.

DeGea made some good saves on Sunday and keeps improving. Keep the faith guys.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 22, 2013, 07:26:32 AM »

Baffles me why they just don't buy proven keepers. Spurs got Lloris for 10 mill. Even Fridel for free last summer along with De Gea would have been a good signing

Maybe someone who has a Euro and World Cup Winners medal?

Fabien Barthez for example?

Clubs don't buy many goalkeepers, and you and Ho seem to think that life began with Schmeichel. He, by the way, had very little on his cv when we bought him whilst Barthez was a Euro and WC winner.

We had a couple of mis-steps between Schmeichel and van der Saar, but we won titles along the way and SAF is a far shrewder judge of talent than any of us.

DeGea made some good saves on Sunday and keeps improving. Keep the faith guys.

He should be getting there now though, after 18 months?

He makes too many clangers in games and I would go as far as saying at least 1 goal in 2 or 3 is the keepers fault.

Gomes at Spurs was a great example of a goalkeeper who could make great saves, but the clangers was too often & a change in goalkeeper for them and massive improvement really.

Although goalkeeping standard in this league is poor. Cech nowhere near as good as 4 years ago, Hart is very sloppy, Reina also getting sloppy, not seen enough of Arsenal keeper to say that much! Spurs & Everton are the only teams up there who are reliable who are up there.

I also said earlier about Madrid/United game saying United would be favourites considering being group winners, league leaders & Madrid the exact opposite. I have to go back on that & say defence and goalkeeper are in for a long game in Madrid now, every team has so many chances against them now
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 22, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »

Why should De Gea be 'getting there' after 18 months, I think he has improved a lot, in the areas he needed too. No keeper gets it right all the time, expecially one who had has to sit behind our defence for the last 18 months. He's simply on of the best shot stoppers in the world, needs a ronaldo type gym routine to bulk up, but apart form that, and a couple more years (yes at least that long), I can see him being with us for years.

Barcelona seem to think so too.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 22, 2013, 12:58:59 PM »

Why should De Gea be 'getting there' after 18 months, I think he has improved a lot, in the areas he needed too. No keeper gets it right all the time, expecially one who had has to sit behind our defence for the last 18 months. He's simply on of the best shot stoppers in the world, needs a ronaldo type gym routine to bulk up, but apart form that, and a couple more years (yes at least that long), I can see him being with us for years.

Can you afford to wait a couple more years.

A good shot stopper yes, but makes so many errors. I said it previously look at the difference replacing Gomes did for Spurs.
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 22, 2013, 01:22:02 PM »

Don't really understand all the hate for De Gea. At games he tends to get a load of stick from the home crowd too.  He has made some amazing saves, and his mistakes recently havent been absolute howlers. He is clearly improving and will only get better
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 22, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »

I think the lad will get there, he's only 22 for goodness sake!

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 22, 2013, 01:31:27 PM »

Can you afford to wait a couple more years.

A good shot stopper yes, but makes so many errors. I said it previously look at the difference replacing Gomes did for Spurs.

Most of this is from his first season...

as for mistakes - I've watched United since I was 9 yrs old and trust me, Schmeichel had his dodgy moments like the cup game against Barnsley in 98 as did Van der Saar

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 22, 2013, 01:46:24 PM »

Don't understand the hate for DeGea.  A season as Van der sar understudy would have done him the world of good. Nevertheless has, and will continue to improve, on top of being one of the best keepers in the PL already.  Also has had to contend with a Lolbad ever changing back four compared to Utd defences gone by.

In the history books, sun result should go down as a 1-1 draw away to the 4th place team in the PL, on the same wkend as ur nearest rival beat a bottom half team at home. Not De Gea shitbvcnjjhfdsshnmjhgdssdwqnmkk.

Seriously you got it this year.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 22, 2013, 01:54:27 PM »

There is nothing wrong with De Gea

He took a hammering from the press when he first arrived - and obv made 2-3 howlers in his first 10 games.

Just look at the GA column in the league table - we'll be ok.

If the kid could just fill out a little and then learn to thrown his arms around he could be fearsome. A bit of bulk and giving some strikers what they give to him would improve his game no end!

Oh - and maybe learning to catch instead of punch, but i know this arguement goes both ways! I fall on the English side of the fence, no the Euro

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 22, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »

There is nothing wrong with De Gea

He took a hammering from the press when he first arrived - and obv made 2-3 howlers in his first 10 games.

Just look at the GA column in the league table - we'll be ok.

If the kid could just fill out a little and then learn to thrown his arms around he could be fearsome. A bit of bulk and giving some strikers what they give to him would improve his game no end!

Oh - and maybe learning to catch instead of punch, but i know this arguement goes both ways! I fall on the English side of the fence, no the Euro

+1 to this. If he is coming for a cross I just want him to mow down anything in his path. Just doesn't appear to have the confidence to do it or maybe the strength to do it?

Is a shame he made a few mistakes early on as this is what everyone remembers.

I heard at the weekend if Torres bagged 20 goals for Chelsea this season or next it would be to late and wouldn't change how the fans feel.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 22, 2013, 03:27:10 PM »

Valdes for a season or two, hear he's not signed a new contract, that would be good for the team and De Gea.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 22, 2013, 03:59:09 PM »

My point is that he's not a number 1 yet. I don't think it would have done any harm to get someone with more experience to help him transition.

I agree that he is an unbelievable shot stopper but you have to command your area to be a great keeper and at the moment he doesn't have that presence or authority. Personally I'm not convinced he ever will. Like others have said tho he is a glint in his dads eye in terms of a goalkeepers age so only time will tell.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 22, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »

Is Zaha good? Not seen him play

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 22, 2013, 05:44:58 PM »

Ask Ant.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 22, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »

Ask Ant.

Probably not a good idea if you want an impartial view........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: