blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:16:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 488029 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »

Why should De Gea be 'getting there' after 18 months, I think he has improved a lot, in the areas he needed too. No keeper gets it right all the time, expecially one who had has to sit behind our defence for the last 18 months. He's simply on of the best shot stoppers in the world, needs a ronaldo type gym routine to bulk up, but apart form that, and a couple more years (yes at least that long), I can see him being with us for years.

Barcelona seem to think so too.

Shot stopping is a pretty standard talent for any keeper and terrible keepers have been great shot stoppers. I like De Gea but he'll never, ever be a great goalkeeper.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 22, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »

Why should De Gea be 'getting there' after 18 months, I think he has improved a lot, in the areas he needed too. No keeper gets it right all the time, expecially one who had has to sit behind our defence for the last 18 months. He's simply on of the best shot stoppers in the world, needs a ronaldo type gym routine to bulk up, but apart form that, and a couple more years (yes at least that long), I can see him being with us for years.

Shot stopping is a pretty standard talent for any keeper and terrible keepers have been great shot stoppers. I like De Gea but he'll never, ever be a great goalkeeper.

debate over guys, The Baron has spoken.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 22, 2013, 07:30:23 PM »

debate over guys, The Baron has spoken.

Miaow!

It's only footy debate no need for the bitters innit. Smiley
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 22, 2013, 07:31:11 PM »

Actually agree with baron. Hope I'm wrong. Whatever the case he wasn't worth 18 million

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 23, 2013, 11:11:41 AM »

Lol, shot stopping is part of it, a big part, and as for standard shot stoppers, that's a pretty ridiculous statement, there's no doubt De Gea is one of the best in that department, as for the other areas of goalkeeping, distribution is good, and clearly he needs to work on his presence in the box at corners, but apart from that there's no way we will know for a few years. Goalkeepers reach their prime later, he's only 22, plenty of time to develop into a great keeper.

With whispers that Valdes is coming our way that development will if it happens help with his development too.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 23, 2013, 11:16:39 AM »

The impatience of the modern football fan is often proven premature.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 23, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »

That presence attribute is a pretty big deal though. The whole back four can start struggling with confidence and communication if the keeper's presence isn't assured. If you think back to the great Arsenal defence an integral part of that was the surity of Seaman. I think £17m to find out in a few years if he can command his area is an expensive gamble for one of the world's top sides. Not being able to collect the ball in his own 6-yard box is a big problem. Continental keepers always seem to struggle with this fundamental and perhaps SAF rues letting Ben Foster go. Think he would like De Gea and Nani for Ronaldo swapsy now.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 23, 2013, 11:52:31 AM »

That presence attribute is a pretty big deal though. The whole back four can start struggling with confidence and communication if the keeper's presence isn't assured. If you think back to the great Arsenal defence an integral part of that was the surity of Seaman. I think £17m to find out in a few years if he can command his area is an expensive gamble for one of the world's top sides. Not being able to collect the ball in his own 6-yard box is a big problem. Continental keepers always seem to struggle with this fundamental and perhaps SAF rues letting Ben Foster go. Think he would like De Gea and Nani for Ronaldo swapsy now.

Agreed paying that much was a bit of a gamble, adn at first I wasn't a fan, now though he's improved, is working hard, and is improving in this area, he's going to be the finished article imho. I think the only thing SAF regrets when it comes to keepers is not signing Joe Hart for £200k  Wink

jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 23, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »

While i think of it, can his save last season from Mata's free kick ever be described as standard. Just involved in a discussion elsewhere where some stats http://soccerlens.com/david-de-gea-joe-hart/76849/ comparing his mistakes to Joe Harts, have been posted, interesting..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:38:02 PM by jackinbeat » Logged

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 23, 2013, 11:30:06 PM »

Is Zaha good? Not seen him play

Ask Ant.

Probably not a good idea if you want an impartial view........

You wouldn't give that warning for another supporter of their team, so what is it about me that makes you think I am overly biased?

Put my points across with gusto, but I am as impartial as any other fan for their team imo.

I think it is probably because I have said that Zaha has been absolutely sensational at times and I have likened him to a young Christiano Ronaldo on the Palace and Championship thread.

Both players bought for similar amounts, both were raw young talents, and both had the propensity to take the piss out of Championship backlines a la Ronaldo in the FA cup final against Millwall. You may think I am being a bit OTT, but why would Ferguson be spending this much on him if he doesn't think he is special?

Latest news ---- http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/23/wilfried-zaha-manchester-united
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 23, 2013, 11:42:52 PM »

Is Zaha good? Not seen him play

Ask Ant.

Probably not a good idea if you want an impartial view........

You wouldn't give that warning for another supporter of their team, so what is it about me that makes you think I am overly biased?

Put my points across with gusto, but I am as impartial as any other fan for their team imo.

I'd say that there isn't a member here as overtly passionate in their posting about their club, but you are definitely not impartial m8.

Your posts are great reading, but you have got those glasses on,... Have to say it was com to see you put up Palace as value every game for a month on TfT though <3

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 23, 2013, 11:59:36 PM »

lol, yeh i know i am not impartial haven't claimed that I am, but no one is impartial about the team they support.

In TfT I think i must have backed palace to win about 6 times and I think only one didn't come in. That never gets said, but the amount of times I put them up to be backed does! Ha.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 24, 2013, 02:44:21 AM »

lol, yeh i know i am not impartial haven't claimed that I am, but no one is impartial about the team they support.

In TfT I think i must have backed palace to win about 6 times and I think only one didn't come in. That never gets said, but the amount of times I put them up to be backed does! Ha.

What I meant to say was that I think you're definitely less impartial than many other fans here, but I know no fans are impartial. Regardless, this is obviously just my opinion and means squat Cheesy

I remember you put them up every game for a while  saying you thought they were value at whatever the price and great that they came in of course. Kind of  moot that they did win though, because for TfT it's about value in the price and iirc most of the time there wasn't perceived to be any.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 24, 2013, 03:12:16 AM »

What I meant to say was that I think you're definitely less impartial than many other fans here, but I know no fans are impartial. Regardless, this is obviously just my opinion and means squat Cheesy

I remember you put them up every game for a while  saying you thought they were value at whatever the price and great that they came in of course. Kind of  moot that they did win though, because for TfT it's about value in the price and iirc most of the time there wasn't perceived to be any.

Ok I agree.

Would say Derby, Wolves and Ipswich suggestions were value and the others probably not! But I wasn't to be trusted as I wasn't set out as a value hunter was I! Smiley

Gonna just take the hit as the mad Palace fan on here and feel good about it.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »

It's great that you show passion for Palace in the same way Patrick does with Newcastle. It brings a smile to people's faces Ant so that's gotta be a good thing.

Keep up the passion

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: