blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484748 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: August 09, 2019, 06:02:54 PM »

A year ago Manchester United were 7/1 for the title, their longest odds in the Premier League era. This season, they are 40/1.

What would represent a good season?

Champions League?

Best chance of that might be via the Thursday Night Cup.

A good season in the League? Staying in the Top 6 is a must. Top 4 would be good-ish.

40/1 though? What are the e/w terms? Is it just 2 places?

Two places for the ew bet, you're 5/4 to finish in the top-4.

No value at 5/4 is there? I’ll be happy to look back in 9 months time and wish i’d had a punt.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: August 09, 2019, 06:30:24 PM »

A year ago Manchester United were 7/1 for the title, their longest odds in the Premier League era. This season, they are 40/1.

Champions League?

A good season in the League? Staying in the Top 6 is a must. Top 4 would be good-ish.

Surprised it's as low as 40s tbh. Realistically, you have about as much chance as Wolves of getting anywhere near the title. The fact OGS is favourite for the sack race speaks volumes.

Sadly, I do think you might scrape into the top 4, on account of post Hazard Chelsea regressing under Lampard and the transfer ban. Probs between you and Arsenal for 4th. Which is incred as it was only a few years ago when the title was between you and Arsenal most seasons.

How the mighty have fallen Smiley

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: August 09, 2019, 06:33:01 PM »

Wasn't a bad run, though.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: August 09, 2019, 11:19:43 PM »

Champions League?

Surprised it's as low as 40s tbh. Realistically, you have about as much chance as Wolves of getting anywhere near the title. The fact OGS is favourite for the sack race speaks volumes.

Sadly, I do think you might scrape into the top 4, on account of post Hazard Chelsea regressing under Lampard and the transfer ban. Probs between you and Arsenal for 4th. Which is incred as it was only a few years ago when the title was between you and Arsenal most seasons.

We had a fabulous run. We haven’t fallen that far either. Were you at Wembley in ‘99  for the start of a rather prolonged recovery?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: August 10, 2019, 05:25:43 PM »

Champions League?

We had a fabulous run. We haven’t fallen that far either. Were you at Wembley in ‘99  for the start of a rather prolonged recovery?

Nah, Manchester City only started appealing to me around the 2008 time, not sure why.
I was a diehard Chelsea fan before that.

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: August 10, 2019, 10:58:40 PM »

Champions League?

Nah, Manchester City only started appealing to me around the 2008 time, not sure why.
I was a diehard Chelsea fan before that.

;

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: August 11, 2019, 06:43:02 PM »

Well, that was a half-decent start to the season.
Maguire and Wan-Bissaka looks like they’d been in the job for years. Pogba, although he lost possession too often, looked interested and the pass for Rashford’s second was pure class. As were Rashford’s two touches.

Chelsea now know how much they depended on Hazard.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: September 06, 2019, 08:49:49 AM »

Blimey......

I fancy Mr Keane best not hold his breath awaiting that apology from Sir Alex.

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1169670234921472002
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 08:55:38 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: September 22, 2019, 10:10:20 PM »

interesting lip read here.

https://twitter.com/Garwain/status/1175818145778556930?s=20

phil jones' attitude matches his ability. what a chancer
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: September 22, 2019, 10:18:08 PM »

Mind the door doesn't hit you on the way out Phil. You had so much potential but didn't make the effort needed to bring it to the fore.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: September 22, 2019, 10:28:30 PM »

Mind the door doesn't hit you on the way out Phil. You had so much potential but didn't make the effort needed to bring it to the fore.

Same as wez brown as soon as you marry a lap dancer you career is over effectively.   
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: September 22, 2019, 11:23:19 PM »

Can you imagine the standards that slob of a footballer sets in and around the club.

If he left United he'd never play another game of European football or play for a top half team.

The players are rotten at United and that comedic mess of a defender is joking about ole getting sacked. All from the stands whilst looking like a 50 year bar fly who smokes 40 a day.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: September 23, 2019, 07:08:13 AM »

Can you imagine the standards that slob of a footballer sets in and around the club.

If he left United he'd never play another game of European football or play for a top half team.

The players are rotten at United and that comedic mess of a defender is joking about ole getting sacked. All from the stands whilst looking like a 50 year bar fly who smokes 40 a day.

The transfer policy post SAF has been chaotic at best. Woodward has to bear much of the blame for that. We let Evans go and kept the doughboy. We sent Smalling off to Italy and kept the doughboy. It's no wonder that DeGea has been player of the year so often.

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: September 23, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »

People actually believe the lip read? Lol
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: October 06, 2019, 05:52:11 PM »

I once saw Peterborough draw 0-0 with Halifax on a Tuesday night. It was about zero degress and it was so boring that me and a mate wound up having a Bovril drinking competition, which ended up about 7-7.

It was still better than this.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: