blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  What to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What to do.  (Read 6587 times)
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2005, 06:10:54 PM »

If you look carefully, I did win a side-pot.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2005, 06:13:30 PM »

More holes in this than Boumsong's legs. Cheesy
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2005, 06:14:49 PM »

Don't you mean Anthony Gardners legs Sad
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2005, 02:22:18 AM »

I uploaded this hand as I am always intrigued by the hands that, after a post-mortem, I would play completely differently.

In this instance, I probably wouldn't have raised preflop with 4s3s as I'd raised quite a few hands that session, and sticking chips in again with this one was probably going too far.

I'm not even that keen on my bet on the flop. There is no ace, no real scare cards, plus there is a flush and straight draw on board. How many times would I get 2 people to fold on that flop? Especially online. Also, by flatcalling preflop, they could very easily have an overpair, and there would be no way I'd push them off that type of holding.

Yes, when the turn came, it gave me outs, ones which would probably win me the hand, but they still have to arrive. I think I'd still check here though. By this time, I put my opponent on the overpair and assumed he wouldn't fold to a bet.

Why I called the $50 I'm not too sure. It's way too expensive for the type of draw I'm looking for. Plus there's a flush draw on board, one which could counterfeit 2 of my outs. And who's to say he won't have the higher straight if I hit the ignorant end. Or even a full house? Guess I was being a bit too hopeful here.

When the river came, I moved all-in because I was sure he had a hand like pocket eights or something. I have a tendency to go on instinct. If I think I know what someone has, I act upon that. In this game, I don't think you should back down when you make your evaluation on a hand, be it proved right or wrong.

On this occasion, however, I was totally wrong. I really didn't think he'd call my bet on the flop with overcards and then bluff the turn. Big mistake on my part. I was sure that the ace was a scarecard for his pocket pair.

Ah well, that's the way it goes sometimes, but I thought this would be an interesting hand.

Thx for the feedback chaps.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2005, 05:59:06 PM »

Good post Snoops.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: