blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272590 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Big blind STT, 5 left, blinds huge
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big blind STT, 5 left, blinds huge  (Read 12788 times)
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2005, 08:34:35 PM »

I'm off to have a lie down in a dark room with a hot towel wrapped round my head while I visualise the 40-dimensional shape you get in a MTT paying say 20 places on a non-linear scale with 40 players left with stacks varying from 0.00001% to 50% of the starting chips.

And then I'll link relativity, quantum mechanics and gravity before nipping out to collect my daughter from the pub.

On second thoughts........I'll just guess  Cheesy

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2005, 08:40:26 PM »

And then I'll link relativity, quantum mechanics and gravity

The theory of gravity often bears its ugly relevance upon my chip stack. If I play deep stacked poker in space, will I be able to hang onto my chips better?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2005, 08:46:51 PM »

You are in a bad situation and most times will not make any money here.

The best chance you have is to call here, give yourself a decent chance at 1st or 2nd, if you win, rather than 1/2 a chance of scraping into 3rd, which you might have a chance to do even if you lose.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2005, 08:48:02 PM »

I'm off to have a lie down in a dark room with a hot towel wrapped round my head while I visualise the 40-dimensional shape you get in a MTT paying say 20 places on a non-linear scale with 40 players left with stacks varying from 0.00001% to 50% of the starting chips.

And then I'll link relativity, quantum mechanics and gravity before nipping out to collect my daughter from the pub.

Just claim to be an existenalist then none of it really matters.

On the side of quantum mechanics, do you think that its like schrodinger's cat when you have AK vs QQ?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2005, 09:38:05 PM »

On the side of quantum mechanics, do you think that its like schrodinger's cat when you have AK vs QQ?

I love that analogy. It's perfect when observing others. Unfortunately it breaks down when I am holding one of the said hands, when it becomes as predictable as a TK HU match  Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2005, 03:29:25 AM »

Meaning exactly WHAT?

I love that analogy. It's perfect when observing others. Unfortunately it breaks down when I am holding one of the said hands, when it becomes as predictable as a TK HU match  Cheesy

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 03:33:24 AM »

I think he means you lose quite a few...

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2005, 09:53:48 AM »

I was looking forward to my first red card, but the ref seems to have bottled it. Oh well, next time I'll give it the full Lee Bowyer, that should do the trick  Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2005, 03:06:17 PM »

Bottled it? I just forgot to add it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2005, 03:32:14 PM »

schrodinger's cat, isn't one of those "if a tree falls does it make a sound if nobodies there to hear it?" sort of jobbies?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2005, 03:59:18 PM »

I've read the schrodinger's cat thing a thusand times, & I still cant quite grasp it!

The theory it is said to prove - that photons & sub-atomic particles, seemingly huge distances apart, are somehow linked or connected in some way, in that if you interfere with one, there will be a  simultaneous & instantaneous response in the other, which is simply beyond the imagination of us mere mortals, & is rather spooky, in fact, I'm not sure I believe it. Understand it, YES, believe it, not sure.

But how that ties in with that cat, is another matter. The cat (hypothetical cat) is placed in a box, with a particle of radioactive substance, and some nasty acid in a phial. If the radioctivity degrades, the acid is released, & the cat dies. If it does not, the cat lives. 

The lesson, apparently, being that the cat is both 100% alive & 100% dead at the same time, as we can prove neither. WHAT?

Charlie & Angell don't like Mr Schrodinger.

12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2005, 04:46:16 PM »

I was looking forward to my first red card, but the ref seems to have bottled it. Oh well, next time I'll give it the full Lee Bowyer, that should do the trick  Cheesy

Bottled it? I just forgot to add it.

Thank you, kind sir. I feel like a true Blonde now.

I've read the schrodinger's cat thing a thusand times, & I still cant quite grasp it!.........The lesson, apparently, being that the cat is both 100% alive & 100% dead at the same time, as we can prove neither. WHAT?

That's the one. No-one fully understands quantum theory and all its implications, including Stephen Hawking and his peers. The rest of us have no chance.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2005, 05:09:54 PM »

The Quantam Theory thing, which, by the way, is utterly fascinating, yeah, I can GRASP it, though I'm not sure I accept it.

I just don't get the connection between that & Schrodinger's cat, I cant see how the cat thing relates to the matter it's trying to prove.

12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2005, 05:34:16 PM »

From short stacks to quantum mechanics,eh?

Only on Blonde.......... do I qualify for the 'thread hijack of the year' competition?

And no, I'm not going to even attempt to explain Schrodinger's Cat - it would only expose the fact that all I know is already in this thread......... scared

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2005, 05:42:40 PM »

Only on Blonde.......... do I qualify for the 'thread hijack of the year' competition?

Nah, I think we've already eaten most of the meat of this thread already.

I'd say it's more of an enviromentally friendly thread recycle.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: