blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:56:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**  (Read 72621 times)
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 10:40:12 PM »

congrats.

gl with the blog. Some poker content too for the degens like me Smiley

Cheers Cos.

There will be poker content as well. Gotta spin up the spending monies somehow! I'm also gonna put in some life content...want to do a music thing like Clawbird did and a few other ideas.

norrr - doing ruin the thread by putting all that dream theater shite in

It's ok they grow on you after awhile

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 10:43:54 PM »

If its a Vegas wedding are you having a theme jobby ?

we better not talk about that at the moment...

I want to get married on the Newyork Newyork rollercoaster!

Sure is happening.

Don't care that The Duke has offered to pay for it. It is not happening.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »

Congratulations! It couldn;t have happened to two nicer ones

and sharplea......

OK a cheap joke but had to give it try

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »

Moving on from the minor domestic...

WEDDING PLANS

As is our want, these have a nasty of habit of changing. Hourly. Currently though, the plan goes as follows.

16th Nov 2011 - Fly from London Heathrow to Las Vegas direct with BA on one of their rather posh 747's, in Business Class.
17th-20th Nov 2011 - Meet up with various members of various forums who are going out there (Duke, Laxie, Jon MW, Wee Man, technolog, to name a few) and have some fun.
21st Nov 2011 - Get married at 10am at the Little Chapel of the Flowers. Hopefully (if it's on) play the Venetian Deepstacks at midday.
22nd-24th Nov 2011 - Celebrate the wedding with friends and family. Then they all go home.
25th-28th Nov 2011 - 3 day honeymoon in Vegas. Fly to LA on 28th AM.
30th Nov 2011 - Fly home from LA. Land on 1st Dec.
3rd Dec 2011 - Wedding Reception at home for friends and family that couldn't make it out to Vegas.

As I said earlier though, these do change very often. Mainly when we revise the budget every week. Budget is currently at the wrong end of £7k and that doesn't even have the spending/gambling money added to it! Kinda scary considering that we have £1.5k saved so far and 42 weeks to go. Gonna be cutting it fine...as I'd quite like to have £5k for food/poker/shows when out there (between us).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 10:54:26 PM »

If its a Vegas wedding are you having a theme jobby ?

we better not talk about that at the moment...

I want to get married on the Newyork Newyork rollercoaster!

that would be awesome!

I wanted an elvis drivethrough for my last wedding, but nearest i could get him to agree to was in the nevada desert Sad

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 10:57:40 PM »

define "properly met" please? Grin

looking forward to this - glglglgl

Properly met? Well, at bB7, I didn't really get to know her. All I did was take pictures of her tits. Well, hers, yours and a few other ladies! Whereas at bB8, we got to know each other on the first night (and some facebook convos the week before) and it all spiralled from there.

That's sure what she was getting at........

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 10:57:46 PM »

As I said earlier though, these do change very often. Mainly when we revise the budget every week. Budget is currently at the wrong end of £7k and that doesn't even have the spending/gambling money added to it! Kinda scary considering that we have £1.5k saved so far and 42 weeks to go. Gonna be cutting it fine...as I'd quite like to have £5k for food/poker/shows when out there (between us).

yes dear but we have already bought my dress and sorted your outfit, so it not that bad.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 11:05:50 PM »

Sounds a great wedding plan!

Book those flights ASAP, you know the price will only increase.

thumbs up

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 11:13:58 PM »

Sounds a great wedding plan!

Book those flights ASAP, you know the price will only increase.

thumbs up

Waiting for June - apparently there's gonna be a sale between now and then for November flights.

Actually, that leads me into a nifty trick I discovered. Assuming you are flying on your own with BA, you can book any Premium Economy seat (whether it be a sale seat or a regular fully flexible seat) and for the small sum of 25,000 BA miles, you can upgrade to Club (Business) Class.

A Club Class seat costs approximately £3,000 for a return.

A Premium Economy seat costs about £1,000 for a return. (Both to Vegas)

25,000 BA miles? Well, members of BA Executive Club can buy 24,000 for £400. The remaining £1,000? Get £10 of Clubcard Vouchers or 2 stays at a Holiday Inn.

Simples!
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »

OK my turn..

Who would have known that my drunken "one night stand" would have led to this back when this all began in 2008.

I blame poker... and those who introduced me to it, mainly Tikay and Snat.

Poker did a fantastic job of completely destroying my previous relationship, but good on it for bringing me this one.. soppy shit alert  He may be the complete opposite to me, sometimes grumpy, with overgrown facial hair. But i have never before felt so comfortable with someone, never felt so close to anyone, never had anyone understand me so well (it's a hard task, I don't even understand myself sometimes). Yes we have had our ups and downs and during the very early stages we went through things that would have tested even the strongest of relationships.. yet we survived.  I'm the happiest I've been in well...... ever!

Anyway whoever said buying a wedding dress was a difficult and stressful task really needs to come shopping with me!

July 09 - quick search of internetz see a pretty dress way above price range. think nothing more of it
Dec 10 - local wedding dress shop having a special designer day with the woman that designs the dress i like. 
Friday 14th Jan 1pm - find out the dress i saw online has been discontinued, begin to ring stockists to see if anyone has it.
Friday 14th Jan 3pm - find a stockist in Morecambe with it in my size
Saturday 15th Jan 12pm - arrive at wedding dress shop
Saturday 15th Jan 12:30pm - leave wedding dress shop having paid for dress - fits perfectly not a single alteration is needed.

SIMPLEZ

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 12:31:44 AM »

Congrats to you both 

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »

Congrats both! I went to a Vegas wedding about 15 months ago now, and it was properly awesome. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.

Of course it did help that Button won the championship while we were out there, netting the groom (who happens to price up F1 for a spread betting company) about £20k. I think a fair chunk was spent at the poolside bar of the MGM Signature in the last couple of days.

GLGL.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 02:29:27 AM »

i'm getting married this year to. trying to have nothing to do with planning it apart from the paying.

the betrothed thrust a wedding mag in my face today with an article thats says our venue is one of the coolest in the country, it frigin should be for that moeny!!!!!! gl alll getting married this year, i'd happily spend £200 in registry office somewhere.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 02:52:28 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  Cat out of bag and soooooooooooooo looking forward to November!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »

Excellent this could be a great thread.

Would you say Joobie has shown you kindness, shown you beauty and shown you truth? Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: