blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**  (Read 72410 times)
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2011, 08:28:12 PM »

Is the Wedding off?

That would be epic. Not as epic as Adam being stood up tho obv. Would make for a great thread.

lolz not yet...

nothing exciting happening at the moment we have an appointment at the uk venue next saturday to have a look round and do some serious haggling on price.

The bit i'm looking forward to the most during the wedding planning, is choosing the cake!! I dragging adam round every wedding cake shop within a 20mile radius getting plenty of samples... then probably get a friend to bake it a a fraction of the cost Cheesy

Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2011, 08:58:27 PM »

joobs, get a picture of what you want and I'll get my father in law to give you a good price.

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2011, 09:21:22 PM »

joobs, get a picture of what you want and I'll get my father in law to give you a good price.

as long as i get to spend at least 2 weekends tasting i don't mind.... note to self must go on pre wedding diet afterwards.

Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2011, 09:26:04 PM »

as long as i get to spend at least 2 weekends tasting i don't mind.... note to self must go on pre wedding diet afterwards.

Could be arranged

Nicky  might even show the two of yuo round the palace

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:19 PM »

Hi Adam, good luck with everything.

Whereabouts in Chester do you live?

Cheers mate, and congrats on the little'un. Hope everything's good there!

Sorry it took so long to reply, this got caught up in the hoopla about playing poker on the day itself and I managed to miss it until now...

We live in Hoole, pretty much next door to Chester Train Station. Useful for work and getting into the city itself - useless when we want to sleep and all we hear are sirens...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:52:02 PM by sharplea » Logged
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 10:08:59 PM »

The Rings

So far everything we've planned has gone pretty much like this " yep nice.. we'll have it"  wedding planning is starting to seem ridic easy. But we thought with something this important we would take our time... shop around and find the perfect rings.

We (I) want matching rings.. I say matching, not 100% matching but along the same theme. I drag Adam into a Jewellers on a whim, see the ring I want, try it on and it looks perfect (although my fingers swelled in the 5mins from arriving in the shop and putting the ring on, cue 15mins of frantic yanking, pulling and twisting with a nervous shop assistant watching my every move)  There was a matching one for Adam too and looks nice, fits his bony fingers no stickage there, thank god. 

Now we (I) have a dilemma..

we (I) want those rings, and are totally uninterested in shopping round (it's only £50 over budget and I was £100 under with the dress so all good) we (I)  just want that one. But I'm pretty sure we can't just keep going like this wedding planning has to get hard at some point right?? 

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »

What Joobs has forgotten to mention is that we would have put the deposit down on them there and then...if I hadn't already drained the account for my suit and the rest of it is in a savings account. Oops.

I think we'll be getting them though. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop on this whole "wedding planning is a nightmare" saying now.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »

wedding planning has to get hard at some point right?? 

nope - breezed through mine.  if you're pretty laid back and not high maintenance no reason it should get tricky - you'll be fine Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2011, 10:34:03 PM »

wedding planning has to get hard at some point right?? 

nope - breezed through mine.  if you're pretty laid back and not high maintenance no reason it should get tricky - you'll be fine Smiley

Yep totally.  I think it really totally depends on how laidback you both are but if the girl doesn't have a princess fantasy and isn't ridic high maintenance (and Joobs doesn't seem that way at all) then it doesn't have to be a headache.  If there are a couple of things that you definitely want to happen then focus on them and then just let the other stuff sort itself out but most of all relax and enjoy it.  It really is the best day of your life.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2011, 10:35:54 PM »

Marriages not my strong point - do you have to do anything specific to arrange the wedding in Vegas aside from finding a venue?
What documentation do you need?  Do you have to register it here? etc etc

Best of luck to you both.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »

Marriages not my strong point - do you have to do anything specific to arrange the wedding in Vegas aside from finding a venue?
What documentation do you need?  Do you have to register it here? etc etc

not a clue.. Adam is sorting it, not sure how wise an idea that is but heyho Smiley

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2011, 10:40:57 PM »

What documentation do you need?  Do you have to register it here? etc etc

not a clue.. Adam is sorting it, not sure how wise an idea that is but heyho Smiley

I can answer this one.  It's dead easy - all you have to do is grab a marriage licence once you're out in vegas, and you're good to go.  no need to do anything legal this side.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »

Get the licence over there - need your passport and both to appear in person. Cost is $60.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »

Get the licence over there - need your passport and both to appear in person. Cost is $60.

Many thanks, seems a shame she has to come with me but it will stop her stalking Matt Goss for at least one afternoon I guess.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2011, 07:56:16 AM »

Oi Joobs!  Are we doing a hen night thingy or just one big group session?  And if we're doing a hen night, ummmm....what aren't we allowed to do?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: