blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 188583 times)
mshort

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2011, 05:34:33 AM »

wayyy well done!! - Kep it going :-)

P.S. - If you could kindly pass on this run good to me, I would very much appreciate it tyty :-)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2011, 05:36:16 AM »

I counted how much my roll was at yesterday and it was $16k but i still decided to carry on playing with an avergae buy in of $120 where i really should have a roll of $24k to play.

again im not best placed to say, but Im pretty sure an av buyin of $120 you need ~$100k. Not wanting to piss on the bonfire or anything I wish all the best, but i been living in the midst of MTT variance for years and I've seen the horrors first hand! Would be cool to see what some of the guys think actually, Trigg/Brammer/Shrewdie/camel or anyone else ITT?Huh?

Anyways great start to the year wpwp, add me if you have skype would be cool to chat hands or w/e (not that im any good at donkaments lol)

glgl
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:42:25 AM by SuuPRlim » Logged

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2011, 06:34:41 AM »

I counted how much my roll was at yesterday and it was $16k but i still decided to carry on playing with an avergae buy in of $120 where i really should have a roll of $24k to play.

again im not best placed to say, but Im pretty sure an av buyin of $120 you need ~$100k. Not wanting to piss on the bonfire or anything I wish all the best, but i been living in the midst of MTT variance for years and I've seen the horrors first hand! Would be cool to see what some of the guys think actually, Trigg/Brammer/Shrewdie/camel or anyone else ITT?Huh?

Anyways great start to the year wpwp, add me if you have skype would be cool to chat hands or w/e (not that im any good at donkaments lol)

glgl

i think hes grinding on euro sites, so can prolly get away with a way smaller roll as fields tend to be much weaker and smaller.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »

N1 ant

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2011, 07:30:40 AM »

glgl

i think hes grinding on euro sites, so can prolly get away with a way smaller roll as fields tend to be much weaker and smaller.

arrrrrrrrrrrr vvvvvvvv good point.

anyways if you continue to final every other donkament you play you hardly need any roll Wink
just keep crushing and leave BRM to the nits lol

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2011, 08:36:37 AM »

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »

Wd Ant! vwp, hope the luck continues for you.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »

might find this interesting (defo read both as the first half of the first one is ridic depressing lol)

http://www.nsdpoker.com/2011/01/mtt-pros/
http://www.nsdpoker.com/2011/02/mtt_pros_2/

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »

glgl

This. Cheers for the congrats. Playing again tonight and will post up again what happens even if I play appallingly/get torrid bad luck.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »

glgl

This. Cheers for the congrats. Playing again tonight and will post up again what happens even if I play appallingly/get torrid bad luck.

What kinda schedule you playing and on what sites?out of interest

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »

A 20% ROI player will be a loser over a 3,000 tourney sample almost 26% of the time. That’s much higher than I’d expected, and it’s the sort of number that should scare the shit out of prospective and current MTT professionals–If you want to play MTTs for a living, you better either put in a ton of volume, play really well, or be prepared to be a slave to variance (and nobody’s actually prepared for that).

wow

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
wallysnooper

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »

A 20% ROI player will be a loser over a 3,000 tourney sample almost 26% of the time. That’s much higher than I’d expected, and it’s the sort of number that should scare the shit out of prospective and current MTT professionals–If you want to play MTTs for a living, you better either put in a ton of volume, play really well, or be prepared to be a slave to variance (and nobody’s actually prepared for that).

wow

Where did you quote that from? + 1 on the wow

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »

From Noahs blog post, remember he's looking at 1k Shaun Deebs not 1k break even grinders......
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2011, 03:42:45 PM »

wow

It is from the links that lildave posted to Noahsd's blog.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »

wow

It is from the links that lildave posted to Noahsd's blog.

yeah to both of you

the comment above is not about shawn deebs - its obv any 20% roi player

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: