blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  should I have pushed all in here?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: should I have pushed all in here?  (Read 5015 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 10:58:31 PM »

'Outplaying on the flop' is a bit of a ridiculous notion here. If you flat call the raise, there will be 7,200 in the pot and your opponent has 4,500 left.
If the flop comes ace high and the raiser pushes his remaining 4,500 in, then you may fold thinking you have saved yourself chips by your play when in fact you have folded the best hand. Also the raiser isn't going to fold anything that can beat a pair of tens on the flop, so if you can outplay him here I would like to know how!  >:?

Rob the point is there is a chance he passes post flop, there is no chance he is passing pre flop. I am still calling if he moves in unless an ace hits and if the flop comes rags or J hi or something he might check fold his AK thinking he can still make the money. It's like a stop and go, and always worth a go.

Having said that i still move in pre flop because thats just me!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 11:58:28 PM »

I disagree, I think there is a chance he'll fold pre-flop. Lots of tight players like to claw and scratch to get into the money, it's a slim chance that he'll lay down, but he could. Even the slightest possibility of this happening makes the all-in the only move for me here.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 12:21:39 AM »

I disagree, I think there is a chance he'll fold pre-flop. Lots of tight players like to claw and scratch to get into the money, it's a slim chance that he'll lay down, but he could. Even the slightest possibility of this happening makes the all-in the only move for me here.

your right, but the chance is greater post flop.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 03:27:54 AM »

well thanks for the feed back guys, A bit of info on the other player, He plays a fairly tight game, however he was frustrated to a great extent and was verbal about it due to the garbage he was getting for hole cards. I figured that I could usually outplay him, but in his state of mind I was only calling all his money on the flop anyways.

I did consider the stop and go, but due to the physical tells I guessed it was pointless.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: