blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274184 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16955 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  folding to min cash in a tourney ur have a shot at
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: folding to min cash in a tourney ur have a shot at  (Read 5313 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:41 PM »

If you aren't going to play the tourney properly don't play it imo. If you have satted in take the $t.

If I qualified for the WSOP me, i am taking the money if available to me or I have satted/ bought in with the intention that the 10k isn't that important to me and I am playing for the win.

Okay so what about if yoy satted in for $500 and when you said Ill take the $$ please they told you this wasnt an option.

I know its not quite the same but if a min cash meant a chunk to you then what do you do here?

Tbh Stu I would never attempt to sat into WSOP for $500 these days if I couldn't take the cash.

I have found in the past that playing for money that makes me uncomfortable really effects my game, therefore my solution has been to never play a game that I am not ridic overrolled for. I am currently 1000 buyins deep for my avg stake on stars!

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »

I am never playing a tourney to min cash, so am just pushing pretty close to cEV here.

Range= 33+, a10+,a8s+, kq, qjs+.

seems way too wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 01:33:54 PM »

I am never playing a tourney to min cash, so am just pushing pretty close to cEV here.

seems way too wide

Calling range is probably AQ+ 99+ So shoving 33 is the same as shoving 88 right? Could even be jj+ depending on the player, and others aa+, so many satalite players.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »

If you aren't going to play the tourney properly don't play it imo. If you have satted in take the $t.

If I qualified for the WSOP me, i am taking the money if available to me or I have satted/ bought in with the intention that the 10k isn't that important to me and I am playing for the win.

Okay so what about if yoy satted in for $500 and when you said Ill take the $$ please they told you this wasnt an option.

I know its not quite the same but if a min cash meant a chunk to you then what do you do here?

Tbh Stu I would never attempt to sat into WSOP for $500 these days if I couldn't take the cash.

I have found in the past that playing for money that makes me uncomfortable really effects my game, therefore my solution has been to never play a game that I am not ridic overrolled for. I am currently 1000 buyins deep for my avg stake on stars!

Ha ha

Okay let me rephrase

You seem to have developed a bit of a sleep walking issue

You wake up on de plane to Vegas, whilst youve been sleeping the last few months it appears you have been sleep grinding WSOP sats.

WTF?

Can you get off? NO
Can you get the $$? NO
How much have you spent to get in? $478.78

You get to your hotel room and think FML what the hell is going on and fall asleep.

When you wake up your on the bubble of the WSOP.

What to you do now?

(Copyright - Inception - 2010)

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »

seems way too wide

We are playing 8bbs effective with antes taken into account. If you are folding 55, kqs and a10 here you are making pretty big mistakes regularly imo.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:39:41 PM by Longy » Logged
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »

This.

Poker is a game, its all about winning, everything you do is about getting all the chips. Playing like this isn't poker, you should always play what you deem to be optimal.

Such bravado Mr P Leno

You are on the WSOP  pure bubble - you are going to lock up £20k, plus a 15k pca package, and whatever else, the table behind has a bloke with 1bb who is currently UTG.

You wake up with A2 and 10bbs and its folded to you in the SB but the BB has 1000 bbs and has told you he is calling any shove

You still jam?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »

66+ AT+ KQ/KQs seems good
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 01:55:13 PM »

This.

Poker is a game, its all about winning, everything you do is about getting all the chips. Playing like this isn't poker, you should always play what you deem to be optimal.

Such bravado Mr P Leno

You are on the WSOP  pure bubble - you are going to lock up £20k, plus a 15k pca package, and whatever else, the table behind has a bloke with 1bb who is currently UTG.

You wake up with A2 and 10bbs and its folded to you in the SB but the BB has 1000 bbs and has told you he is calling any shove

You still jam?

Nah, I do a fold. Think its very, very different to walkign away form the computer for 10 minutes to lock up a mincash in this tournie. Also WSOP has a ridic clock so 10bbs in there when I'm on button next   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 13bbs in Sunday million with antes and a turbo structure.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 02:13:24 PM »

This.

Such bravado Mr P Leno

You still jam?

Nah, I do a fold. Think its very, very different to walkign away form the computer for 10 minutes to lock up a mincash in this tournie. Also WSOP has a ridic clock so 10bbs in there when I'm on button next   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 13bbs in Sunday million with antes and a turbo structure.

lolz!

^^^^^^^^^^ that has got nothing to do with it. Your "its a game line" is nonesense. Its a +ev shove so why you not making it?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »

This.

Such bravado Mr P Leno

You still jam?

lolz!

^^^^^^^^^^ that has got nothing to do with it. Your "its a game line" is nonesense. Its a +ev shove so why you not making it?

yeh if you're gonna go for the "it's a game line" then you should be making the correct shoves in all spots. Folding A2 BoB in the ME would be a mistake if that is the way you're going to approach the tournament. However, if you're like me and every other low stakes grinder that miraculously finds themselves on the bubble of the ME then obviously you're going to fold the A2, wait one hand and lock up 20k.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 03:10:37 PM »

oh and Paul, congrats on the mincash Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »

Lols I had qq didn't think twice about shoving
Thought about the hand more in depth 
And what situation is right to fold in that spot.

Just me
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »

This.

Poker is a game, its all about winning, everything you do is about getting all the chips. Playing like this isn't poker, you should always play what you deem to be optimal for you

Every players situation is different. You are of course right if you are talking to someone who plays a lot of these games and variance and all that evens out. In this case you can't just get your A2 in.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 04:23:30 PM »

This.

Such bravado Mr P Leno

You still jam?

lolz!

No it isn't

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »

oh right

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

33,561,158,400  games    25.475 secs     1,317,415,442  games/sec

Board:
Dead: 

equity    win    tie          pots won    pots tied   
Hand 0:    55.541%     53.59%    01.95%       17984432796    655818342.00   { A2s, A2o }
Hand 1:    44.459%     42.50%    01.95%       14265088920    655818342.00   { random }

The shove as a stand alone in a vaccum is +ev - not if you include icm considerations its not - that wasnt the thrust of P lenos arguement

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: