blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:24:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  117 million
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 117 million  (Read 9782 times)
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2011, 10:45:44 AM »

YES i won £10.40

gonna put a 4 horse acc on

Just me
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2011, 10:57:36 AM »

I know it sounds a bit lame, but I would love to go to India and set up a hostel for street children.

I'd like to be involved in the day to day running of the place rather than be just a name behind the scenes.

I'd also like to help the entrepreneurial ones (Of which their are many) to set up their own small businesses, and fund higher education for those with academic aspirations.

Good idea, but you'd be home because of sickness within 6 months, I promise  Cheesy
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »

I know it sounds a bit lame, but I would love to go to India and set up a hostel for street children.

I'd like to be involved in the day to day running of the place rather than be just a name behind the scenes.

I'd also like to help the entrepreneurial ones (Of which their are many) to set up their own small businesses, and fund higher education for those with academic aspirations.

Good idea, but you'd be home because of sickness within 6 months, I promise  Cheesy

Really? Would I develop immunity eventually?

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »

Dunno, but most guys I know who stayed out there long term have problems and it gets too much eventually. I know 2 guys that came close to dying from illness in India, albeit a few years back.

I guess with 117 million you could wrap yourself in cotton wool though, but that probably defeats the object of being in India in the first place.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »

Dunno, but most guys I know who stayed out there long term have problems and it gets too much eventually. I know 2 guys that came close to dying from illness in India, albeit a few years back.

I guess with 117 million you could wrap yourself in cotton wool though, but that probably defeats the object of being in India in the first place.

So is a holiday in  India much of a risk? (Bearing in mind that I like to see Countries for real, not just the touristy bits)

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »

This doesn't sound lame at all. It sounds worthwhile. I would do this with you. We can still like to go to some titty bars at night when we clock off though right?

Of course, but actually, I'm a leg man.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »

Good idea, but you'd be home because of sickness within 6 months, I promise  Cheesy

So is a holiday in  India much of a risk? (Bearing in mind that I like to see Countries for real, not just the touristy bits)

Your gonna get gut rot of some description for sure, but for a holiday length stay I wouldn't worry about it, just deal with it. I was there for 4 weeks and between me and my other half we were stuck for a couple of days in places and couldn't do much because one of us was ill on 3 or 4 different occasions.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:01:18 PM by Woodsey » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »

So is a holiday in  India much of a risk? (Bearing in mind that I like to see Countries for real, not just the touristy bits)

Your gonna get gut rot of some description for sure, but for a holiday length stay I wouldn't worry about it.

That's OK then. The occasional dose of the threepenny bits is good for the soul.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »

£5.40. £5 gone back on lottery for tonight, and the rest bought 4/7 of a Yorkie. When the hell did they get to 70p in a supermarket?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »

Your gonna get gut rot of some description for sure, but for a holiday length stay I wouldn't worry about it.

That's OK then. The occasional dose of the threepenny bits is good for the soul.

Tom , I think you would love India. I have been here for 2 years and have only been ill once for a couple of days. If you ever fancy a trip to Goa let me know.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2011, 12:43:46 AM »

Tom , I think you would love India. I have been here for 2 years and have only been ill once for a couple of days. If you ever fancy a trip to Goa let me know.

if you ever do get ill I can recommend a lovely hospital near candolim where I spent a couple of days being ridic ill

there're nuns who tuck you in at night and you can order takeaway pizza. cheaper than a hotel too

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2011, 12:45:56 AM »

Good idea, but you'd be home because of sickness within 6 months, I promise  Cheesy

So is a holiday in  India much of a risk? (Bearing in mind that I like to see Countries for real, not just the touristy bits)

Goa sure is anything resembling real India, its not a bad place for a newb to start their trip though  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:47:50 AM by Woodsey » Logged
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2011, 02:01:34 AM »

Goa sure is anything resembling real India, its not a bad place for a newb to start their trip though  Smiley

I ve been in India 2 years, seen a little more than Goa, maybe not as much as you though on your fortnight vacation   Smiley
When did you last go? I bet things have changed a lot, although the infastructure is still lacking

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2011, 02:09:06 AM »

I ve been in India 2 years, seen a little more than Goa, maybe not as much as you though on your fortnight vacation   Smiley
When did you last go? I bet things have changed a lot, although the infastructure is still lacking

Been a couple of times mate for about 2 moths in total. you know damn well what I'm saying so stop arguing  Tongue
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2011, 02:10:32 AM »

I ve been in India 2 years, seen a little more than Goa, maybe not as much as you though on your fortnight vacation   Smiley

Been a couple of times mate for about 2 moths in total. you know damn well what I'm saying so stop arguing  Tongue

Next time you are in Goa, let me know also
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:12:18 AM by I KNOW IT » Logged

My Dad

Tony Bolto
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: