blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Claims to Fame - the B list.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claims to Fame - the B list.  (Read 64127 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2011, 12:50:45 AM »

I used to work in the hotel/restaurant/outside catering business and so have come across quite a few celebs.

Organised end of show party for Tom Cruise/ Mission Impossible. He didn't want to pay for any champagne/bubbly!

Also end of show parties for loads of BBC shows, including Only Fools several years running.

Had to look after a heavily pregnant Madonna at a film screening. Took along every soft drink I could think of for her.......and of course she wanted something I didn't have...ginger ale!

Billy Connolly was filming and staying in my hotel when he decided to write off his car on the M4......had to pack all his stuff up and send it back to London.

Michael Caine came to stay for a few weeks....and I was told to order in a whole cellar of Pauillac wine.

When into Hampstead Police Station once to report something and ending up looking after two very expensive looking, lost cats, which were waiting to be collected by Noel Gallagher.

Used to live opposite the Redknapps when Jamie and Mark were kids.

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2011, 01:37:05 AM »

A Brazil Legends team played Exeter City back in c.2002/3 to raise funds for the Grecians and they ended up wandering into a night club where I was later that night. I happened to know one of the girls who was liaising with the team and ended up back at the team hotel and had a pint with Dunga, Aldair, Careca, Paulo Sergio and some other players i forget.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2011, 02:15:02 AM »

I worked in a pub in Covent Gardens that had loads of celebs popping in.

David Essex... my childhood hero. I was in the bar upstairs and wouldnt go down and say hello because i had a streaming cold and a nose like Rudolf. Apparently he is very short...would have shattered my dreams im sure.

Russ Abbot...lovely man and very funny, had the whole bar in stitches.

Ted Rogers (321 host).... total prat.

Biggest claim to fame was propping Nicholas Lindhurst in Spain..needless to say he was not interested :/
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2011, 02:22:51 AM »

I once saw Chris kamara at Leeds Bradford airport!!

He was a guest speaker at our local rugby club. He was so f'ckin shit it was unbelievable.

Knocked him out of a Sky bounty game with a bad beat...Kara Scott was gobsmacked LOL
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2011, 02:31:32 AM »

Met Roy brown Twice backstage at his gigs in batley!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2011, 03:40:30 AM »

Used to be really good friends with rebecca adlinton (double gold medal winning swimmer).

Dame Ellen mcarthur is a distant cousin of some sort on my dads side. He explained it to me once, I couldn't rly care. What the link is Smiley (sailing round the world on her tod fame).

Eric Bristoe was almost my godfather, as was John Lowe. (of darts fame).

Lee Westwood is a friend of the family on my dads side (can't win a masters for love nor fking money, no matter how much i lump on him fame)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2011, 03:59:38 AM »

Good stories, I liked Milligan's about Sree from Big Brother and Dubai's about Jade Goody/Jack Tweedy.

Dubai, didn't you once run into some of the Everton footballers?

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2011, 08:41:54 AM »

LL Cool J

In Wales they call him *phlegm* Cool J

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »

Big Laz would have been all over this thread!

Jimmy Tarbuck, Eric Clapton, Robbie Coltrane, Martin O'Neill.....

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »

Growing up in Formby (Liverpool but so far removed lol) footballers are part of daily life, lived two doors down from Ray Clemence as a kid, worked in a pub where Ronnie Whelan & Gary Gillespie were regulars, pub owned by ex Man City Ian Bishop, Steven Gerrards mum also a reg, and occaisonally the man himself popped in.

I was a witness to Stan Boardman's will.

I had to retrieve my Ultraglow blusher brush (women will understand) from Derek hatton's curry on Valentine's night (very long story)

Met Bob Monkhouse when on Wipeout.

Dated a Brookside actor and a Liverpool player - at the same time.

Argued with Edwina Currie on live TV and won. No shock there.

Quite a few more I guess if i stopped to think about it. Probably best not to.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

Two new favourites for me, arguing with Edwina Curry on national TV and carrying Stephen Hawking off a plane. Abso fantastic!!

Just remembered another one:

When i was young I remember my mum telling me Steve Davis could of been my dad. I was like WTF?Huh? She explained.... The week she started going out with my 'real' dad she went to the Barbican Centre in York to watch Stevie D pot some balls, with her friends. After the match Steve Davis asked my mum if she would like to come back to his hotel room.... She told me she snap refused but my guess it was more of a slow roll... Any ways.., roll on 23 or so years and I am on Laddies playing some Celeb bounty hunter tournament thing, when who do i see sat at my table.. but Mr Davis himself. I couldn't let this opportunity pass, so In the chat box I asked him if he remembered such an event, he was pretty funny tbh, he said " Can't remember exactly, stuff like that happened a lot back then, but by the sounds of it you had a lucky escape, your'e not Ginger are you" I laughed and said nice one. Just to clarify. I am NOT ginger!

mouth

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2011, 12:03:05 PM »

Two new favourites for me, arguing with Edwina Curry on national TV and carrying Stephen Hawking off a plane. Abso fantastic!!

When i was young I remember my mum telling me Steve Davis could of been my dad. I was like WTF?Huh? She explained.... The week she started going out with my 'real' dad she went to the Barbican Centre in York to watch Stevie D pot some balls, with her friends. After the match Steve Davis asked my mum if she would like to come back to his hotel room.... She told me she snap refused but my guess it was more of a slow roll... Any ways.., roll on 23 or so years and I am on Laddies playing some Celeb bounty hunter tournament thing, when who do i see sat at my table.. but Mr Davis himself. I couldn't let this opportunity pass, so In the chat box I asked him if he remembered such an event, he was pretty funny tbh, he said " Can't remember exactly, stuff like that happened a lot back then, but by the sounds of it you had a lucky escape, your'e not Ginger are you" I laughed and said nice one. Just to clarify. I am NOT ginger!

Are you "interesting"?

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2011, 12:03:31 PM »

Similar story but the man in question was Jim Bowen, sick swerve  Cheesy

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »

Are you "interesting"?

Not remotely! oh man, it all adds up now! He owes me for 27yrs worth of bday presents!

Jim Bowen would be class!

mouth

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2011, 12:16:12 PM »

Driving up the M6 once to the lakes many many years ago we spotted a private plate J80 WEN and sure enough it was Jim Bowen in the passenger seat being driven by a chauffuer.

Stage dived once at an Ugly Kid Joe concert and my top came off. Really was nothing to see there.

Was dragged to see Shed Seven by a mate, got into a discussion with a guy there about the music, my point being with so many good bands out at the time, Shed 7 seemed so middle of the road, on a par with Cast. The guy turns out to be in Cast. He didn't take offence though, took us backstage afterwards. Still think Shed Seven are shite though.

Gene Wilder. An icon for me, loved everything he did all my life so I still cringe when I think of this next tale. Friend & I went on a drunken day out to London on the pretext of Xmas shopping. We were stumbling down a side street towards some market when Gene Wilder came out of the stage door of a theatre, to meet a group of autograph hunters. For a reason known only to no one, I shouted "Gene Gene you're a loving machine" and we ran away. Was gutted to find out my mate didn't even know who he was. Still gutted every day when I think of what a complete dick he must have thought i was.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: