blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  GUKPT Walsall: The Final
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT Walsall: The Final  (Read 71991 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 02, 2011, 10:35:21 AM »

it makes me laugh when some of the people that make these comments have never played a £1k comp in there life,this guy works hard(do you realise how many hours london cabbies put in?)put his own money in and deserves to win as much as the next guy.

no offence at all but I get here but I get a bit tilted by this side of the argument cos I think its irrelevant persoanlly
My point is he works hard decides he wants to put that hard earned money in a comp and has as much right ad anyone else to win it regardless of how he plays.don't think he deserved some of the comments esp from people that don't put their money where there mouth is lol.

No offence taken just my opinion :-)

agree 100% with this. its the amount of money that he's put up that is irrelevant imo

a very civilized little debate we had here - you see blonde it can be like this!

:@)

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 02, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »

Whilst I agree with Stu's post, I have re-read the thread and I dont think "in forum terms" its that bad, this isnt the BBC

I obv looked my own comments, 1 of which was particularly negative against  the guy, but then another which was balanced too. I also tried to see it from this guys point of view to see how I would feel, and I have to admit it would probably have got to me a little.

But, this is an update thread for a community, and there is always going to be people taking sides for people within or close to that community, and cheer along their friends, of which at this time, the GUKPT Wasall champion isnt (but hopefully will be). That is a simple fact of life. I hate John Terry, cant stand the guy when he pulls on that Chelsea shirt, and I often sing songs against him and his team, but you will never see me boo him in an England shirt! Thats the way life is at times. OK this is poker, not football, and there is no need for the "football comparison", or is there.....................

The updater is there to do a job, to set the scene, build up a picture with his words for us the followers to join in. There is inevitably going to be a "hero" and a "villain", and even when the hero 6 bet jams J3o into the villains AA, and gets there, he will never be called a donkey, it will always be "brave", and the bravado about "calling all in with 1 pair" will also go on against the "villain".

So is Tighty to blame for setting a platform for us to rail with interest? I mean, you could argue he creates the villains and hero's, to a degree, maybe they self select but then get reported that way. The answer of course id ABSOLUTELY NOT! This is what makes it for entertainment. We need the glossy sheen to the HH's otherwise we might as well all just follow our buddies chip counts on twitter.

I agree with Stu, but I also think people need to take a slightly wider view about the updates, how they are set up, how people are likely to react to their Hero's getting beat, and also the virtual world which it sits upon! When the railer said "DIAGF" to the villain that knocked out his mate, I dont think he jumped straight in his car to drive to the nearest chipshop wholesalers! OK, so the actual literal translation of those words is pretty horrific taken out of context, but so are many things in life, so put those words back into context, understand what that means to a 22 year old and move on.

Finally, if I was our champ today, reflecting on this, Id be thinking who should I be more annoyed with, a forum full of people I dont know nor care about anti-railing me and my game, or my mates, distracting me with negativity when I am playing the biggest game of my life for a years salary? And if I was in that spot, I know who id be more frustrated with, and I would have turned off my phone and got on with winning.

And I am also sure that on reflection, as he wakes up this morning to his fry up and mug of tea (or coffee and croissant - who knows his preference), as he sits there rubbing his money on his titties, calling his drug dealer and perusing the local hookers on the internet, he wont give a f+@k what blonde poker thinks, but will be planning how big his celebration will be (the last sentence is only for people under 25!)

Hopefully, our champ will open a blonde account, like many have before, and become a part of this community, but you know what, if he doesnt, im not sure it'll ruin his day, and if he does, we as a community will welcome him too!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 02, 2011, 11:05:12 AM »

calling his drug dealer and perusing the local hookers on the internet, he wont give a f+@k what blonde poker thinks, but will be planning how big his celebration will be (the last sentence is only for people under 25!)

happy to help out here alan if needs be.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »

calling his drug dealer and perusing the local hookers on the internet, he wont give a f+@k what blonde poker thinks, but will be planning how big his celebration will be (the last sentence is only for people under 25!)

pretty sure it says hooker..not rent boy Wink
the whole point is this is now the 2nd time in a couple of months that i know of (shaun king  was the last one) where people have been upset by the members of this forum having a go at them. it always happens deep in the tourney and no matter if they are the hero or villan you have either played well or run well to get there. its a massive achievement and someones does not deserve to have there big day ruined by peolpe who dont even now him giving him abuse. this is even more disrespectfull than the idiots from this forum going on the mums net site and abusing young mums.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »

Wwho cares what ppl think when u win fiddy large???

Gratz btw

Makes me wonder if Cody didn't win the 10-4 hand will ppl berate his play then?

Just me
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 02, 2011, 11:43:26 AM »

the whole point is this is now the 2nd time in a couple of months that i know of (shaun king  was the last one) where people have been upset by the members of this forum having a go at them. it always happens deep in the tourney and no matter if they are the hero or villan you have either played well or run well to get there. its a massive achievement and someones does not deserve to have there big day ruined by peolpe who dont even now him giving him abuse. this is even more disrespectfull than the idiots from this forum going on the mums net site and abusing young mums.

this is a different situation completely to the shaun king thread for two reasons...

1) the shaun thread was about 1 specific hand which even he admitted he played badly, and the thread was started by him, thus inviting scrutiny about the hand /his play on his own accord - this guy has prolly hardly visited blonde less than 10times in his life, so If I were him id feel pretty within my rights to ask, why is a forum full of people who dont know me, and I dont really know anything about giving me stick?? (as it turns out he just happened to be the "villain" of the pantomime)

2) shaun handled himself with about as much class as a drunk beetle, was berating/belittling people himself showed no humility and was just generally a bit of a cock imo. whereas from what i saw in walsall and the impression conveyed by the updates Alan Mansbridge handled himself with perfect class and was a gentleman. I dont care about poker ability i'd like to see the latter person win at anything in life

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 02, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »

Makes me wonder if Cody didn't win the 10-4 hand will ppl berate his play then?

lol he has had PLENTY of stick for that hand. PLENTY, even he knows it was a hella spew

but luckily 5 of a row beat a one pair kings Smiley

luckily for him what happened after was an epic final table performance, and because he handles himself so well (and played sick) people are focusing on that rather than one "marginal" hand he played previous to it.

Had jake come on the forums and been saying "well I was miles better than this guy and outpayed this guy with this hand, and stfu you never even played a 5k" he would have come into a lot more stick imo.

Shaun King could have just posted in that thread "yeah AK hand was bad I froze up a bit cos of the money/lost my head and made a bad shout." and no ridiculous 70page thread would have followed

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 02, 2011, 11:59:41 AM »

Jase this is quite ironic when you're one of the biggest trolls on updates/threads etc. Those who know you know you're joking but a casual passer by like Mr Mansbridge would not.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 02, 2011, 12:44:32 PM »

Nice to see at least ONE taxi driver can play poker. Well played Sir.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 02, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »

Looks like rent on the moral high ground is going through the roof

As updaters/reporters on the event our job is to tell the story, convey the feeling in the room and remember that its live

The content in this thread pretty accurately conveys the feeling in the room at the time imo, else I wouldn't have posted it

When you are a Simon Deadman for example or one of his supporters when this final table transpires I guarantee you that nobody on this forum is thinking at that moment "I'm happy that the guy won it/knocked me out on the biggest final table of my career because its a great story". Not a single one of you. A little later once the dust has settled that tends to be the feeling that surfaces. C'est la vie, you accept that you were unlucky and you wish the guy good luck because showing a bit of humility costs nothing.

I think that people would do well to remember that these updates are done by one guy and an assortment of volunteers. We don't have time or the man power to do all of the background checks on people. He came into the final as the short stack by a fair way so he didn't get much coverage and thats how it'll always be. As far as we knew he was just a middle of the road guy that probably won a satellite to get there and had the run of his life to win and deny our friends their shot at winning a UK major. Thats the way it was reported because in most cases that'll be what happened.

We only got a chance to talk to him afterwards and it turns out that against the odds he's an extraordinarily humble guy with a very unusual story which naturally endeers people to him and then the reporters get the flack. As Guy posted, there are heroes and there are villains. It just so happened that for Alan Mansbridge he landed on a table full of heroes that had a lot of support on blonde (Deadman, Hicks, Jenkins, Toffel, Spittles) so he was always destined to be the villain. As Guy also pointed out, this is not the BBC. We're not hired by Grosvenor to be impartial. There is no attempt to sugar coat the fact that the updates will be skewed in favour of the players that the most vocal/active Blonde members are supporting. This is not a £10FO at your local, this is a UK major and you have to accept that when you enter these tournaments and make deep runs there will be media scrutiny.

I'm sure Alan Mansbridge is old enough and wise enough (in before omg why are you bashing the old guys) to see once Richard explained to him that the comments that might cause offence are not born out of any hatred for him, maybe just a little over-enthusiastic support for the other players. If he's a london cabbie then he cetainly doesn't need wrapping up in cotton wool (or £50 notes as would be the case now).

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 02, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »

Jase this is quite ironic when you're one of the biggest trolls on updates/threads etc. Those who know you know you're joking but a casual passer by like Mr Mansbridge would not.
george yo know me as well. i still aint sure what trolling actually means  but assume it means taking the piss in a way that aint funny to others.  if thats it then i  am happy to be the troll but  this is a forum for everybody just not a select few. am pretty sure i'm heading for a ban but imo they only ever ban intresting people like pleno n colchester kev. i was on a self exclusion yesterday but for sure will have been  showing support for the under dog even tho  the blondes involved were better players and friends of the community. as for shaun king starting the mud slinging and acting unclassy then thats a fair point so will stand corrected.
you know when people on here start saying "wait a minute. the nits are winning everything" you know i'm  gonna jump ship and start fighting for titaniumbeans cause. sorry for thinking its all a big joke but this site keeps me off facebook. Wink
i hope guys like Mr. Mansbridge keep taking down tourneys so i can keep poking it in peoples  eye. simons day will come again and again and again because he plays so well. anyone who said ul the big one is just round the corner or a title will be yours soon needs to look at simons hendonmob. dtd deepstack was an awesome performance by him but he has been doing it month in month out for some time. wish i knew what the opposite of varience was because all i can think to use for it at the moment is "plays well"

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 02, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »

Jason, you've been less than complimentary in the past about people running good against you at crucial points in big tournaments, especially the irish open sole survivor

You've not done anything to upset me, always been a gent when I've met you at live events just a bit of a keyboard warrior.

But it really doesn't suit you to be pretending to fight the good fight all the time because if we're honest if all of these "great stories" were repeated over and over again all of us that play professionally would be pretty broke pretty quick

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »

Jason, you've been less than complimentary in the past about people running good against you at crucial points in big tournaments, especially the irish open sole survivor

You've not done anything to upset me, always been a gent when I've met you at live events just a bit of a keyboard warrior.

But it really doesn't suit you to be pretending to fight the good fight all the time because if we're honest if all of these "great stories" were repeated over and over again all of us that play professionally would be pretty broke pretty quick
dan i've never once slagged rob sherwood off for the QQ v AQ hand as i get on with rob and am privey to the way paddy power messed him about over the deal. not really sure i've ever posted about beats either coz my attitude is always if i was a head when the dough goes in i cant have done much wrong. if you can post a couple of instances were i've slagged people off i will gladly pay for tightys next blog again. 1 condition is you cant use the miss nutt example coz she never beat me in a hand and i only had a pop coz she left the table using the c and f word when some guy got lucky. she is now a close friend and often tells me she loves my posts on blonde. and it had nothing to do with me putting her in the following deepstack to say sorry.
the whole point dan is you me and the likes of simon will keep winning/cashing as that is what we do. but it must surely be good for poker that the average guy wins sometimes (look at the moneymaker effect) and encourages others to take a shot. the worst thing in the world would be for everyone to want to learn to play perfect poker so they dont get slagged on this site.
well done last night and luke too. Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »

but it must surely be good for poker that the average guy wins sometimes (look at the moneymaker effect) and encourages others to take a shot. the worst thing in the world would be for everyone to want to learn to play perfect poker so they dont get slagged on this site.

this

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 02, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »

but it must surely be good for poker that the average guy wins sometimes (look at the moneymaker effect) and encourages others to take a shot. the worst thing in the world would be for everyone to want to learn to play perfect poker so they dont get slagged on this site.

this
awww. thanks my best mate lol Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: