blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  GUKPT Walsall: The Final
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT Walsall: The Final  (Read 72038 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »

^^^^^^
see like this coz its funny. you know i love both you guys and just one of those old gits. god for sake we start to agree on anything coz thats the day my world implodes

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2011, 02:48:31 PM »

rofl

I think thats probably the perfect note to end on so gg well played by all

goodnight god bless

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 02, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »

rofl

I think thats probably the perfect note to end on so gg well played by all

goodnight god bless
Hi Daniel...just wanted to say following on from my comment yesterday that I wasnt having a go at you ,I just though the guy desreved a bit more credit for his 3rd bullet river jam....However !  After reading your very well balanced thread and updates Im not too proud to concede that I didnt factor in "The other guys mindest into my thought process, which obviously  you did hence your post...so a bit of a veiled apology from me

Once again... great updates/posts and no hard feelings

good luck on the green felt

Fraser
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 02, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »

I agree it's only natural for a blonde thread paid for by blonde members to funk for blonde players. Being bias is normal in such a situation. But we need to appreciate no one player "deserves" it more than any other. A lot of people say that a player deserves to win and so when the "villain" gets lucky or whatever there seems to be some injustice taking place. The randomness of a tournament and the variance in poker don't recognise who deserves to win most because nobody deserves to win most. If you pay your 1k and sit down to play you deserve it as much as the next guy. So rankles me when some random is demonised for the crime of hitting flops. On this occasion some old cabbie has driven up to the event and paid his dollar to sit down and play some cards on his day off. He hot-stepped through the whole field and used his puncher's chance to take it down against much better players. I think he deserves it.

Thought the updates were of a good standard as usual.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 02, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »

hehe with so many break ups and make ups on the last few pages I think all this needs now is a link to the Blondenders thread and we're done

But yeah no hard feelings obv, stimulating discussion just helps everyone improve anyway so its a good thing!

Are you still playing all the stuff in Sheffield fraser? Havent played at the G for ages, I don't even know what they run regularly is seems to change so often

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 02, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »

I agree it's only natural for a blonde thread paid for by blonde members to funk for blonde players. Being bias is normal in such a situation. But we need to appreciate no one player "deserves" it more than any other. A lot of people say that a player deserves to win and so when the "villain" gets lucky or whatever there seems to be some injustice taking place. The randomness of a tournament and the variance in poker don't recognise who deserves to win most because nobody deserves to win most. If you pay your 1k and sit down to play you deserve it as much as the next guy. So rankles me when some random is demonised for the crime of hitting flops. On this occasion some old cabbie has driven up to the event and paid his dollar to sit down and play some cards on his day off. He hot-stepped through the whole field and used his puncher's chance to take it down against much better players. I think he deserves it.

ye. I agree

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 02, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »

ye. I agree
+1

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »

Very well done to Alan and all the other people who ran deep in this tournie.  If you're reading this Alan, good call and hope you sign upto Blonde and become an active member of the community!  Its a great place to be.

Yet again, thanks to all the updaters.  Also to Jen Mason, Rich Prew and Sharon who all cheered me up for a bit after my exit hand!

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2011, 05:35:17 PM »

Jason, you've been less than complimentary in the past about people running good against you at crucial points in big tournaments, especially the irish open sole survivor

You've not done anything to upset me, always been a gent when I've met you at live events just a bit of a keyboard warrior.

But it really doesn't suit you to be pretending to fight the good fight all the time because if we're honest if all of these "great stories" were repeated over and over again all of us that play professionally would be pretty broke pretty quick
dan i've never once slagged rob sherwood off for the QQ v AQ hand as i get on with rob and am privey to the way paddy power messed him about over the deal. not really sure i've ever posted about beats either coz my attitude is always if i was a head when the dough goes in i cant have done much wrong. if you can post a couple of instances were i've slagged people off i will gladly pay for tightys next blog again. 1 condition is you cant use the miss nutt example coz she never beat me in a hand and i only had a pop coz she left the table using the c and f word when some guy got lucky. she is now a close friend and often tells me she loves my posts on blonde. and it had nothing to do with me putting her in the following deepstack to say sorry.
the whole point dan is you me and the likes of simon will keep winning/cashing as that is what we do. but it must surely be good for poker that the average guy wins sometimes (look at the moneymaker effect) and encourages others to take a shot. the worst thing in the world would be for everyone to want to learn to play perfect poker so they dont get slagged on this site.
well done last night and luke too. Wink

I think Jason is actually a really funny guy, I thought he was a twat with what he said about me initially, but I understand when I get beat in a comp, I do not think about who is around, and if you didn't know me, you would think I was an absolosolute evil person....However, I am not, I know this, my friends this, Jason is not a bad person he knows this, his friends know this, he is 100% drivenby the hendonmob stats tho, and when your feeling a bit down, you can always rely on his banter to cheer you up, honestly think he is a decent guy.

Wd to The winner, seems a real nice chap, I'm sure I have played with him b4 :-)
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 02, 2011, 05:51:02 PM »

I have just read all the 3 different day update threads on here and would just like to say thanks to all the up daters.

I was contemplating in volunteering, if needed, for future ones but after seeing the aftermath of this one, might have to reconsider.

Shame really.

Once again, CHEERS ALL for the up dates.

Life has no rebuy options
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 02, 2011, 06:22:58 PM »

I have just read all the 3 different day update threads on here and would just like to say thanks to all the up daters.

I was contemplating in volunteering, if needed, for future ones but after seeing the aftermath of this one, might have to reconsider.

Shame really.

why not?

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 02, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »

hehe with so many break ups and make ups on the last few pages I think all this needs now is a link to the Blondenders thread and we're done

But yeah no hard feelings obv, stimulating discussion just helps everyone improve anyway so its a good thing!

Are you still playing all the stuff in Sheffield fraser? Havent played at the G for ages, I don't even know what they run regularly is seems to change so often
Good to hear...As regards Sheffield theres a £50 re buy every Sunday(8k guarantee) at G and a £20 re buy (that I dont play as I have my children) that makes between 11- 15k every weds that are both good value...other than that...not much happening in The Steel City...not even Steel anyomore  Smiley..although on  friday the 13th/14th May G are having a £200 comp in conjunction with Newcastle..1st night at the toon second night back in Sheffield though their promotion/advertising is dreadful so nobody truly knows unless you ask or through word of mouth

Got to go now but catch you at DTD next Saturday

Peace x
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »

times move quick fraser. wednesday game now at naps due to mass walk out from G one wednesday when we turned up and they removed the gtd prize without telling anyone. naps now gets over 100 runners which aint bad for a school night. the £200 is a 2 day affair were you play day 1 in sheff (or newcastle if you are from there) and go to newcastle to play day 2. had one a few month back and got 130 runners. 30 newcastle 100 sheff but the final  day was in sheff so probably represented the split in numbers. not sure it will get any where near 100 from sheff this time due to locals present feeling towards  the place and the fact day 2 is in newcastle plus a clash with another tourney. jess in the G cardroom does a good job but G management stifle her creativity at times

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 02, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »

Jason, you've been less than complimentary in the past about people running good against you at crucial points in big tournaments, especially the irish open sole survivor

You've not done anything to upset me, always been a gent when I've met you at live events just a bit of a keyboard warrior.

But it really doesn't suit you to be pretending to fight the good fight all the time because if we're honest if all of these "great stories" were repeated over and over again all of us that play professionally would be pretty broke pretty quick
dan i've never once slagged rob sherwood off for the QQ v AQ hand as i get on with rob and am privey to the way paddy power messed him about over the deal. not really sure i've ever posted about beats either coz my attitude is always if i was a head when the dough goes in i cant have done much wrong. if you can post a couple of instances were i've slagged people off i will gladly pay for tightys next blog again. 1 condition is you cant use the miss nutt example coz she never beat me in a hand and i only had a pop coz she left the table using the c and f word when some guy got lucky. she is now a close friend and often tells me she loves my posts on blonde. and it had nothing to do with me putting her in the following deepstack to say sorry.
the whole point dan is you me and the likes of simon will keep winning/cashing as that is what we do. but it must surely be good for poker that the average guy wins sometimes (look at the moneymaker effect) and encourages others to take a shot. the worst thing in the world would be for everyone to want to learn to play perfect poker so they dont get slagged on this site.
well done last night and luke too. Wink

I think Jason is actually a really funny guy, I thought he was a twat with what he said about me initially, but I understand when I get beat in a comp, I do not think about who is around, and if you didn't know me, you would think I was an absolosolute evil person....However, I am not, I know this, my friends this, Jason is not a bad person he knows this, his friends know this, he is 100% drivenby the hendonmob stats tho, and when your feeling a bit down, you can always rely on his banter to cheer you up, honestly think he is a decent guy.

Wd to The winner, seems a real nice chap, I'm sure I have played with him b4 :-)
lol ty dreenie. are you up to dtd this wekend for the deepstack. if so and i can get a quickie divorce do you fancy sharing a room. you've never played with me before but lets keep somethings private on here

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 02, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »

Shame really.

why not?

Why not indeed, these event's are also about teamwork IMO. The updater's important roles are to get the info on the hands, the pictures, the blind levels, the chip counts etc onto the forum, to do this this some people like for example me at this event just run around to get as much of this as they can and don't have time to sit down and post much anyway especially on day 1 which is quite frantic when the day1b players begin and day 1a are still playing.

Hand analysis/discussion can be done by those reading the threads, the above can't so please reconsider, likewise anyone else who is thinking of volunteering, all help would be welcome I'm sure to make Tighty's job easier, even down to grabbing the rest of the team the occasional tea, coffee, water, headache tablets etc and of course the news that there is some of the buffet left if anyone wants seconds.  Wink

Every little helps, so please reconsider!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:49:15 PM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: