blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand with Julian Thew - 2nd nuts ever good here?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand with Julian Thew - 2nd nuts ever good here?  (Read 11769 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

I've remembered. The Ace of spades definitely wasn't on the flop. The shortstack had   and scooped the main pot.

well that's of no consequence, the As is also in Julians range then. But my point is that live hhs are so full of holes and inaccuracies and mis remembered stack sizes etc it's much harder to give good analysis than an online hh.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2011, 06:40:18 PM »

im not bad enough to fold sets on that board

i think i will be pretty much fist pumping

FYP i think folding a set here would make you a bad player rather than a good one

i disagree, this could never be a bad fold if his range is as thin as we're led to believe, not folding it because it's a set would be bad play.

not saying its a good or bad fold, just saying people really need to analsye hands in terms of actual strength vs immeadiate value

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »

I've remembered. The Ace of spades definitely wasn't on the flop. The shortstack had   and scooped the main pot.

well that's of no consequence, the As is also in Julians range then. But my point is that live hhs are so full of holes and inaccuracies and mis remembered stack sizes etc it's much harder to give good analysis than an online hh.

I agree in general. In this case everything is spot on!

Yes we can now consider  as part of his range. I don't even know whether he'd bet that on the turn....hoping he comes on to answer!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »

im not bad enough to fold sets on that board

i think i will be pretty much fist pumping

FYP i think folding a set here would make you a bad player rather than a good one

fml

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2011, 06:42:56 PM »

Yes we can now consider  as part of his range. I don't even know whether he'd bet that on the turn....hoping he comes on to answer!

Surely with AKs he's betting vs the fish he's trying to iso?!

You seem to know Julians game probably better than he does? if so you should play every street perfectly vs him easily?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2011, 06:45:40 PM »

Without meaning to sound like a prick (if I do I don't care much anyway), a lot of the people saying 'omg you can't fold because you have a set' aren't going to be winners in cash games.

In game time its real hard but I think you can fold here and be relatively happy about it.

If we're good enough to narrow someone's range down to 1 single hand we should be at home playing $100/$200 online and getting rich.

If Julian is so transparent that he can only have one hand then of course it's a fold and quite an easy one.

I just don't see how we can put someone who we've only played with for a few hours on an exact hand which makes it a call.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2011, 06:54:20 PM »

You seem to know Julians game probably better than he does? if so you should play every street perfectly vs him easily?

I'm not saying I know his game, I don't at all! I asked him afterwards what he would have done with certain hands in that spot, and I'm relaying that information onto this thread.

Matt, it's ridiculous to suggest that because I feel that MAYBE I can narrow his range in THIS SPOT down to one hand, that I should go and play 100/200 online.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2011, 06:56:41 PM »

I'm not saying I know his game, I don't at all! I asked him afterwards what he would have done with certain hands in that spot, and I'm relaying that information onto this thread.

Matt, it's ridiculous to suggest that because I feel that MAYBE I can narrow his range in THIS SPOT down to one hand, that I should go and play 100/200 online.

You cant fold with maybes thats the point.

+why would Julian answer all your questions accurately and honestly? what does he gain?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2011, 06:58:36 PM »

cos he's nice and not everyone has monetary or personal gain as a motive for every one of their actions.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

Is calling pre standard given what we consider Julians range to be and that he seems unlikely to make significant mistakes post flop when we are oop? We are also aren't closing the action pre.

I think the only people who can tell you whether to call or fold post are ones with a lot of experience and knowledge of Julians range in this spot. I am not one of these people.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »

Without meaning to sound like a prick (if I do I don't care much anyway), a lot of the people saying 'omg you can't fold because you have a set' aren't going to be winners in cash games.

In game time its real hard but I think you can fold here and be relatively happy about it.

If we're good enough to narrow someone's range down to 1 single hand we should be at home playing $100/$200 online and getting rich.

If Julian is so transparent that he can only have one hand then of course it's a fold and quite an easy one.

I just don't see how we can put someone who we've only played with for a few hours on an exact hand which makes it a call.
the very fact that we are putting julian on a hand and not a possible range means we cant even beat /10c let alone $100/$200. this situation and on line decisions are totally different beasts. if we are wrong and call we pay julian. if we are wrong and fold julian makes money. if we are right and win this one julian gets it later (although from my small sample of cash hands with Julian he gets very coolered). Julian has kids to feed. its all good

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2011, 07:00:59 PM »

cos he's nice and not everyone has monetary or personal gain as a motive for every one of their actions.
100% this...

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2011, 07:02:39 PM »

100% this...
hence my post about julian betting into a dry pot

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2011, 07:07:25 PM »

So this is all one big level then?!

You're not playing for money when you play Julian then or he is just desperate to give away every detail of his game and thought process?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »

So this is all one big level then?!

You're not playing for money when you play Julian then or he is just desperate to give away every detail of his game and thought process?
so when you discuss online hand histories with others everyone talks bollox because they dont want you to learn incase you take their money. no they tell you what or how they play it to help you. exactly the same as Julian would.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: