blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:34:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand with Julian Thew - 2nd nuts ever good here?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand with Julian Thew - 2nd nuts ever good here?  (Read 11941 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2011, 04:26:39 AM »

I take your point mc and matt but think you will find I am 100% right but can't reveal too much incase the Villan wants to post.

Been dropping off for two hours watching the lowball n now it's over and pez has won I'm wide awake . Fml

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »

wtf 9 pages??? Whatever the consensus, I'm pretty sure we all have more important leaks to fix than whether we're calling too often with 2nd set, please stop wasting your time and energy with this hand. Cooler flop, move on.

FWIW I don't understand why we don't shove the flop. Try to play in such a way that we don't have a face up monster preventing julian from ever betting worse.

edit:: doing some reading back now, sigh @ pretty much every other post. Feel like I've gone mad or something, I can't believe the stuff that's being said
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2011, 07:43:19 AM »

Cba to read all 543 pages of replies. I was at the table. At the time I put Julian purely on JJ or AA and nothing else. I haven't played a tonne of hands with Julian, but from my experiance, he is not 3-betting and committing himself vs the short-stack. Not sure the numbers given are entirely correct, but at the time it was clear that any 3-bet would be committing his-self (Julian) to a shove from the short-stack. Therefore I think he has AQ/AK, TT+ minimum here. AJ is just about in his range, but barely. Shortstack has basically any Ax, PP, KQ in his range, he certainly didnt look like he was folding, I seem to remember it being quite a big open from him, out of a small stack. As the hand was being played I put Alex on either 44 or JJ and we both agreed afterwards that 44 was a fold in this spot as Julian has AA/JJ just so much here.

It was basically me who spoke to Julian after the hand and asked if he 3-bets pre with AJ, to which he replied no. Obv he isn't 3-betting pre with 44 here either, therefore the only hand he was shoving with he was AA.

I did however say that i'm never folding the 2nd nuts here simply because A) i'm not good enough and B) if i got something like that wrong then I would probs either monkey-tilt off the rest of my stack or find the nearest rope. imo he basically only ever has AA though and maybe 1 in 20 has AJ.

Tom High the numbers given are 100% correct. I made sure of it. I know he was allin on the flop for 110 because I remember chucking in a pink and two reds. Thus, he started the hand with 130, and Julians 3bet to 20 was definitely not committing himself.

I've learnt a lot from this thread. Am glad it got so many responses that in its first day, it has rocketed into the top 10 replies of all pha threads ever. Very proud Smiley

The most valuable lessons have of course come from my Dad, Keith mondeoman Johnson. I think a few others echoed the same wisdom about using phrases like "never 3bets 44". He had Aces of course and I did not fold, nor did I river quads Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2011, 07:54:18 AM »

yes i played this hand & i can assure all that i played it to get the max.
jason most likely refers to the empathy that some of us feel when stacking a colleague; life is long tho & one ept isn't enough to retire on, i'm there to pay my cereal bills.
with hindsight i prefer a shove on the turn & my only regret is that it wasn't mitch instead of alex...
& yeah for the record i'm the muthafkn rock of gibraltar
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2011, 07:57:45 AM »

jason most likely refers to the empathy that some of us feel when stacking a colleague; life is long tho & one ept isn't enough to retire on, i'm there to pay my cereal bills.
with hindsight i prefer a shove on the turn & my only regret is that it wasn't mitch instead of alex...

cereal bills.

nice touch. i have to keep a cereal roll separate from my liferoll and pokerroll

also, can anyone remember the last post Julian made that didn't contain the F word?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2011, 09:26:42 AM »

Jesus. I am on page 2 and losing will to live. Yes he could have AA but AK is just as likely and AJ very likely. Julian can 3 bet pre with any of those holdings. Just check call him down and probably win the hand
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »

did he jam the river or ck ck 3rd spade?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »

Swearing again Julian?Huh?   It's like watching the demise of Tiger all over again........;-)

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2011, 11:47:20 AM »

Alex.... if  you want an undirected  discussion about the hand, don't post the result / post hand discussions, in the OP.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:18 AM »

great post lol
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »

Alex.... if  you want an undirected  discussion about the hand, don't post the result / post hand discussions, in the OP.

yeah, and dont have second set
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2011, 12:44:07 PM »

<3 julian

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2011, 01:16:07 PM »

So much this.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »

great post lol
+1

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »

wtf 9 pages??? Whatever the consensus, I'm pretty sure we all have more important leaks to fix than whether we're calling too often with 2nd set, please stop wasting your time and energy with this hand. Cooler flop, move on.

FWIW I don't understand why we don't shove the flop. Try to play in such a way that we don't have a face up monster preventing julian from ever betting worse.

edit:: doing some reading back now, sigh @ pretty much every other post. Feel like I've gone mad or something, I can't believe the stuff that's being said

+1. some absolute drivel in this thread

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: