blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:54:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273376 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1169249 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: May 05, 2014, 08:45:15 AM »

@OscarDeLaHoya: Please don't forget that I had a rematch clause for 1 year and he decided to retire for 1 year and 1 day.

Another odd criticism toward a man he enjoys a hugely profitable relationship with.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 05, 2014, 10:30:13 AM »

Khan should be further back in the queue than he seems to be. He should need a win against someone as good as Porter, Thurman, or even Garcia if he moves up, to get a shot at Mayweather. Of course, boxing often doesn't work like that.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 21, 2014, 09:10:50 PM »

Not long now til Froch v Groves.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 21, 2014, 09:22:02 PM »

Not long now til Froch v Groves.

Can we get this off the boxing thread and into the panto thread, please?

Would be lovely if it were a brilliant fight, but there's so much nonsense either side of their appearance in the ring, it makes it hard to like either of them.

It's one of those fights where you know boxing won't be the winner.

And yes, obviously, I'll be watching it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 26, 2014, 09:32:56 PM »

Froch v Groves

Groves is going to be hard to beat. But Froch will get it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNxhpXB7bhU

Regards

M
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 28, 2014, 02:44:58 PM »

Oooh nearly there.

Froch vs Groves

Changed my mind so many times on who wins, looking forward to a fun night of beer,boxing an a little poker.

Was going until last minute, apparently you need tickets to get in. Fml

#saintgroves

Satellite King
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 28, 2014, 10:59:16 PM »

It's surprising there's only 4 undercard bouts officially listed for Saturday night, normally Matchroom stack these undercards with any old bout to showcase their stable of fighters.

I'm looking forward to the elimator bouts for Mitchell and De Gale, it should be better fights than the typical hand picked opponents we normally see.

Does anyone else think De Gale's fight should be a lot closer than the bookies have it?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 28, 2014, 11:03:16 PM »

It's surprising there's only 4 undercard bouts officially listed for Saturday night, normally Matchroom stack these undercards with any old bout to showcase their stable of fighters.

I'm looking forward to the elimator bouts for Mitchell and De Gale, it should be better fights than the typical hand picked opponents we normally see.

Does anyone else think De Gale's fight should be a lot closer than the bookies have it?

I'm decidedly unimpressed with DeGale from the fights I've seen. I wouldn't back him against any fighter worth their salt, personally. I'm sure he'll improve and he'll be given every resource to do so.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 28, 2014, 11:11:41 PM »

With 4x12 rounders plus AJ and the ring walks for the main event scheduled for 2145 it would have been a ridic early start if they had a lengthy undercard.

I've had a decent bet on Maduma. Step up in class for him but he has fast hands with decent pop and we know Mitchell is a bit chinny. Also had a bit on Gonzalez as well as that should be closer. I think it will go to the cards and the 9/1 Gonzalez points is too big even accounting for the fact he will probably have to win by a street to get the decision.

I also took the 2/9 on McDonnell as Rachawat is very average and should be nowhere an eliminator.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 28, 2014, 11:23:15 PM »

With 4x12 rounders plus AJ and the ring walks for the main event scheduled for 2145 it would have been a ridic early start if they had a lengthy undercard.

I've had a decent bet on Maduma. Step up in class for him but he has fast hands with decent pop and we know Mitchell is a bit chinny. Also had a bit on Gonzalez as well as that should be closer. I think it will go to the cards and the 9/1 Gonzalez points is too big even accounting for the fact he will probably have to win by a street to get the decision.

I also took the 2/9 on McDonnell as Rachawat is very average and should be nowhere an eliminator.

Dude I like it when you say pretty much exactly what I'm thinking.

There's an article here with an explanation on the Thai guys padded out record http://www.asianboxing.info/14/post/2014/05/the-thing-about-thailand.html

cliffs:
climbs up the WBA rankings using an Asian regional title
stays active to pay the bills
fights complete bums to maintain his ranking
gets an enormous payday bearing in mind he earns peanuts living/fighting in rural provinces of Thailand
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 29, 2014, 05:44:44 PM »

ive had gonzales points at 9/1- if degale switches off for a few rounds like he usually does he could find hes in trouble

and fancy mitchell to to lose aswell - hes got a big gash across his nose that will open up in the first round as it is - they still havnt put prices up for method on this fight yet
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 29, 2014, 07:50:56 PM »

Gonzales 9-1 I'll have some of that..

Hope Mitchell wins.

Satellite King
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 29, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »

ive had gonzales points at 9/1- if degale switches off for a few rounds like he usually does he could find hes in trouble

and fancy mitchell to to lose aswell - hes got a big gash across his nose that will open up in the first round as it is - they still havnt put prices up for method on this fight yet

Shame their holding back, means they've cottoned on and it's less likely to a rick.

Anyone want to write up the Gonzalez and Maduma recs for the Fred thread? Alternatively suggest stakes and I'll do it myself.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 29, 2014, 08:46:59 PM »

Shame their holding back, means they've cottoned on and it's less likely to a rick.

Anyone want to write up the Gonzalez and Maduma recs for the Fred thread? Alternatively suggest stakes and I'll do it myself.

They took their time before putting up the outright prices.  Back in the good old days someone would have put up the early prices and gone something like 5/1 Maduma. I think the cat got let out of the bag to some extent when people started talking about the Youtube footage on the boxing forums.

I'll stick them on Fred.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 29, 2014, 09:10:59 PM »

McDonnell by points is 5/6 with 3 firms or evens with Ladbrokes. Then Laddies go 2/1 on the win by UD which looks all wrong. Surely if McDonnell doesn't get the stoppage then he'll win by UD way over 66% of the time.

Or if you use Bwin they have the points win at 13/8 which is a stale price from when they first came out with the prices (listed on oddschecker via the round betting tab).

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: