blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:52:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1147025 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: October 06, 2016, 12:38:01 PM »

Joshua vs Klitschko fight talks could be concluded within the next seven days.  http://dailym.ai/2dwcaOC

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: October 08, 2016, 02:21:52 AM »

Another Hearn show another night of joke cards. It was also a pretty horrible card aside from the main event which was better than expected.

One thing that has been apparent in his last couple of fights is that Dillian isn't a massive puncher. Despite that he managed to really buzz AJ. It's pretty much the only shot to land on AJ this far but it does leave a question mark or two over his chin.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: October 08, 2016, 02:31:46 AM »

Another Hearn show another night of joke cards. It was also a pretty horrible card aside from the main event which was better than expected.

One thing that has been apparent in his last couple of fights is that Dillian isn't a massive puncher. Despite that he managed to really buzz AJ. It's pretty much the only shot to land on AJ this far but it does leave a question mark or two over his chin.

Hopefully we'll get a good price on Klitschko if Eddie makes the fight.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: October 08, 2016, 02:49:42 PM »

Could his recent shoulder operation have anything to do with that?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: October 08, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »

Going out your way to fight a monster puncher like Wlad is baffling. Even more so than the Burns scorecards because we're used to that by now. I'd a monster freeroll on the draw and my heart was going upon hearing the 2nd and 3rd judges had matching scorecards. Ah well, fingers crossed AJ-Klitschko gets made.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: October 08, 2016, 03:51:48 PM »

Luis "King Kong" Ortiz has signed for Matchroom.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: October 08, 2016, 06:37:35 PM »

Could his recent shoulder operation have anything to do with that?

Possibly, I mean it won't have helped for sure but I'd think any difference would be negligible.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: October 08, 2016, 06:38:22 PM »

Luis "King Kong" Ortiz has signed for Matchroom.

Relegating AJ to the 2nd best heavyweight on Matchroom's books.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: October 10, 2016, 08:20:28 PM »

Malik Scott is a respectable enough name for Ortiz. Especially on a month's notice for the Monaco show.

Now we've got to wait till Thursday to see if the Klitschko fight can be made. It seems a risky selection for Matchroom's golden goose, and Wlad's a tough negotiator, so they deserve a lot of respect for making this. Alternatively, if a hitch were to arise it'd be the biggest switch n bait of all time, or the biggest hype job of all time if AJ is packing a china chin.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: October 10, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »

Malik Scott is a respectable enough name for Ortiz. Especially on a month's notice for the Monaco show.

Now we've got to wait till Thursday to see if the Klitschko fight can be made. It seems a risky selection for Matchroom's golden goose, and Wlad's a tough negotiator, so they deserve a lot of respect for making this. Alternatively, if a hitch were to arise it'd be the biggest switch n bait of all time, or the biggest hype job of all time if AJ is packing a china chin.

He's such a cash cow that I'm surprised Hearn is even thinking of taking the risk. They must really think Wlad is done. Ortiz bashes up Scott but like you say it's a decent enough fight. I'm intrigued to see what mid to long term plan Hearn has for him.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: October 10, 2016, 10:48:22 PM »

He's such a cash cow that I'm surprised Hearn is even thinking of taking the risk. They must really think Wlad is done. Ortiz bashes up Scott but like you say it's a decent enough fight. I'm intrigued to see what mid to long term plan Hearn has for him.

A month ago I'd of laughed and picked Wlad by KO. His lead left hook is criminally underrated. But as you say Hearn wouldn't be making this fight unless he's convinced AJ wins.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: October 11, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »

done deal

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: October 11, 2016, 08:43:25 PM »

A month ago I'd of laughed and picked Wlad by KO. His lead left hook is criminally underrated. But as you say Hearn wouldn't be making this fight unless he's convinced AJ wins.

What price do you think Wlad goes off once the Sky hype train gets up to full throttle? 6/4+?
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: October 11, 2016, 10:53:57 PM »

What price do you think Wlad goes off once the Sky hype train gets up to full throttle? 6/4+?

No idea. Absolutely none. This fight is a complete head scratcher. For SPOTY purposes I was expecting AJ to have a knock-over job and Hearn's PR team to nobble the judging. Hearn's done his research and said AJ was going to win it.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: October 11, 2016, 11:55:58 PM »

Boxing Monthly contributor John Evans nailed this fight in 140 characters or less "Fury beat Klitschko with movement and unpredictability. Joshua might have to get it done by walking to him. Much, much harder to do."

Also, Alan Alger bandied about some none-sense possibility of AJ-Klitschko taking place in 2017. If anyone has a scenario whereby a fit AJ doesn't fight in 2017 then please let yourself be heard, for Fred's SPOTY position, no idea is too daft.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: