blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272604 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1146368 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: December 02, 2018, 10:20:20 AM »

He gubs AJ as well if they fight but will probably get dicked on the cards again.

How would you call Wilder versus the far more predictable AJ? We appear to agree that essentially involves taking things out of the judges hands. Wilder can't be that bad after seemingly erasing Tyson in the 12th.

Wilder Ko's Joshua for me. Even though it hasn't been properly tested, it was for a period in the Ortiz fight, i think Wilder's chin can deal with anything Joshua would throw at it. Whereas Joshua won't be able to deal with the power of Wilder imo.

Im in a bit of disbelief that Fury got tagged in the last round, seemed a bit of complacency there.

If there is a Wilder Fury rematch, who will improve more if they were to go again in say 6 months time?

I don’t think I disagree with that. He has freakish power and avoiding that for 12 rounds is a virtual impossibility. AJ does have more weaponry than Fury though so it could be a case of who lands first.

Fury should just have got on his bike in the last round but it’s easy to say that now knowing what the cards were.

In theory Fury should come on for the ride but I think a rematch would follow the exact same script. Fury will box his ears off but Wilder will have that detonator of a right hand that could turn the fight at any given moment. Fury was so good last night, the footwork, head movement, hand speed. For a guy that abused his body for the best part of three years to come and do that was incredible. Only to get raped on the cards.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: December 02, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »

its bent right?

draw to get the revenue from a second fight, pretty obvious

Well only if you believe that knockdown in the final round was set up. If it’s not a 10-8 round Fury wins.  There was already a rematch clause if Fury won.

I don’t disagree that it’s bent though. That’s the only possible explanation for one judge scoring all of the first four rounds to Wilder. It just wasn’t a pre-determined draw like you suggest. There was already a rematch clause if Fury won.

thank you

were the judges American?

if not why are home town scoring/decisions so prevalent in boxing? (thats a long term thing isn't it, not special to this fight?)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: December 02, 2018, 11:22:08 AM »

its bent right?

draw to get the revenue from a second fight, pretty obvious

Well only if you believe that knockdown in the final round was set up. If it’s not a 10-8 round Fury wins.  There was already a rematch clause if Fury won.

I don’t disagree that it’s bent though. That’s the only possible explanation for one judge scoring all of the first four rounds to Wilder. It just wasn’t a pre-determined draw like you suggest. There was already a rematch clause if Fury won.

thank you

were the judges American?

if not why are home town scoring/decisions so prevalent in boxing? (thats a long term thing isn't it, not special to this fight?)

Mexican - Wilder
Canadian - Fury
Brit - Draw

It’s a massive massive problem with the sport. We see it over here on Matchroom shows. It’s been going on for years.  A large part of the issue is there is generally no accountability. The judge that scored it to Wilder shouldn’t be allowed to work again after such gross incompetence (I’m being kind here as I don’t think it was incompetence that lead to him scoring it for Wilder). Decisions like last night ruin the sport. A great fight with one of the best final rounds ever with a fairytale backstory yet everyone is talking about the judges. The sport really doesn’t help itself at times.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: December 02, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

It was also on the verge of happening in another title fight in Canada last night when the away fighter was winning the fight comfortably yet he was behind on one card and level on another. Thankfully in this occasion the judges weren’t required as he got the stoppage win in the 11th round but it was most likely another example of a fighter being screwed had he not done so.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: December 02, 2018, 11:55:55 AM »

It's like the old adage of having to knock them out away from home to get a draw.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5150 on: December 02, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5151 on: December 02, 2018, 12:18:22 PM »

Not a bad result for the bookies.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: December 02, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »

I guarantee Marky had a few quid on the draw.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: December 02, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »

This is great Cheesy

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: December 02, 2018, 04:50:26 PM »

Has anyone got an opinion on the Adonis fight? Dude is past 40 now and was fortunate not to lose his belt to Badou Jack.

Those cards! Adonis 6 ahead on one of them. Good job he got sparked.

We disagree there. Its a shame Adonis never robbed him cus id an evil never dies post ready to go.

Human sex trafficker Adonis Stevenson is in critical condition https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46417377

Remember, evil never dies.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: December 02, 2018, 06:34:09 PM »

He gubs AJ as well if they fight but will probably get dicked on the cards again.

How would you call Wilder versus the far more predictable AJ? We appear to agree that essentially involves taking things out of the judges hands. Wilder can't be that bad after seemingly erasing Tyson in the 12th.

Wilder Ko's Joshua for me. Even though it hasn't been properly tested, it was for a period in the Ortiz fight, i think Wilder's chin can deal with anything Joshua would throw at it. Whereas Joshua won't be able to deal with the power of Wilder imo.

Im in a bit of disbelief that Fury got tagged in the last round, seemed a bit of complacency there.

If there is a Wilder Fury rematch, who will improve more if they were to go again in say 6 months time?

Wilder certainly has more room to improve. Fury may have more to give if he's motivated. All I know is I want to see the rerun. The best versus the best is always great viewing and there's a big old drop of quality outside the top 3.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: December 02, 2018, 07:03:40 PM »

Sigh had big bet on Wilder knock out.

That look on Wilder face when Fury gets up is the same look I had when I reached a count of 12 and the ref was still on 6.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5157 on: December 03, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »

That look on Wilder face when Fury gets up is the same look I had when I reached a count of 12 and the ref was still on 6.

Did you both start counting at the same time, ie. after checking that Wilder had retired to a neutral corner?

Did you both count at the same speed? Remember, when a boxer is knocked down in a fight, the referee will count over him and the boxer must rise to his feet, unaided, by the count of ten or else be deemed to have been knocked out.

Lots of people equate the 10 count to seconds but that's only notional and is at the referee's discretion.

I have to admit, If I had a big bet on Wilder to win by knock out I would probably have got to 10 before the ref too.

Mind you, when he hit the canvas I thought he wouldn't get up until Monday.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: December 03, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »

Wilder certainly has more room to improve. Fury may have more to give if he's motivated. All I know is I want to see the rerun. The best versus the best is always great viewing and there's a big old drop of quality outside the top 3.

It will be a travesty if we don’t see two fights between the three of them next year. I’d be a big backer of u1.5 though. I suspect Eddie will try and make AJ v Whyte for April and then AJ v Wilder for September. Not having the belt could see Fury frozen out as not a mission Hearn makes AJ v Fury. If Eddie thinks there’s any possibility of a Fury v Wilder rematch getting made then I can see him jumping in and making AJ v wilder in April with Whyte fighting the winner.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: December 03, 2018, 04:07:29 PM »

Count slower.

9.90 seconds from him hitting the canvas to being back on his feet.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: