blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:58:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1145123 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5160 on: December 03, 2018, 05:13:54 PM »

Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: December 04, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »

This is good.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: December 04, 2018, 10:33:11 PM »

One man other than Fury that has to come out of this with enormous credit is Ben Davison. He really is very impressive for a 25yo kid that has never boxed a meaningful round in his life. He took Fury from 28st down to 18st, he helped get him in the right place mentally, he was meticulous with his preparation and his corner work on the night was calm and informed. Many, including me thought he might have been a weak link when it came to fight night but I think the opposite was true.

With someone like Fury you don’t need to teach him how to box, he has that natural ability that’s on a different level to everyone else. They key is getting him in shape and switched on mentally and he done that.  They clearly gel well and Fury listens to him and respects him. Other things like taking over his twitter account in the lead up to the fight might seem pretty trivial but it took away another distraction. I felt for him when he gave his post fight interview as he was clearly gutted.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: December 04, 2018, 10:43:20 PM »

One man other than Fury that has to come out of this with enormous credit is Ben Davison. He really is very impressive for a 25yo kid that has never boxed a meaningful round in his life. He took Fury from 28st down to 18st, he helped get him in the right place mentally, he was meticulous with his preparation and his corner work on the night was calm and informed. Many, including me thought he might have been a weak link when it came to fight night but I think the opposite was true.

With someone like Fury you don’t need to teach him how to box, he has that natural ability that’s on a different level to everyone else. They key is getting him in shape and switched on mentally and he done that.  They clearly gel well and Fury listens to him and respects him. Other things like taking over his twitter account in the lead up to the fight might seem pretty trivial but it took away another distraction. I felt for him when he gave his post fight interview as he was clearly gutted.

Another aspect is TF actually conducted himself very well this time around unlike previously. I have no idea if this is a genuine change in his attitude to life or whether someone has given him some media training. Nonetheless I used to think he was an utter prick but he has turned my opinion this last 6 months and I now I can’t say anything other than ‘fair play mate’ and I now have full respect for him having seen how this fight went.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: December 04, 2018, 11:02:28 PM »

I’ve spoken to loads of people in the past few days who have said the same. I’ve always liked him but that was more to do with appreciation of Fury the boxer rather than Fury the man. Fury ‘18 though comes across very well, it also appears to be genuine as well unlike AJ.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: December 08, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »

A rematch between heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury has been sanctioned.

More here: https://bbc.in/2BX5qpS

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: December 08, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »

Proper shithousery from Eddie’s latest hype job. Makes a mess of the cut, looks terrible on the scales and pulls out claiming illness.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: December 08, 2018, 05:00:53 PM »

Proper shithousery from Eddie’s latest hype job. Makes a mess of the cut, looks terrible on the scales and pulls out claiming illness.

Can you think of any occasions where a fighter has pulled out on the actual dday of the fight?
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: December 08, 2018, 06:16:08 PM »

No, not off the top of my head. Bit sick seeing as I had a decent bet on Avanseyan.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: December 08, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »

I know you boys like Edward  scared

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: December 08, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »

No, not off the top of my head. Bit sick seeing as I had a decent bet on Avanseyan.

I interpret this as you placing the bet post weigh in. Ava trains in the midlands with Carl Greaves so you'd imagine Booth knows what they're getting with him, despite the odds appearing on the short side.

^ like when ZZ was head hunted for Burnett. Tough on paper but they'd sparred before and were confident of getting the win.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: December 08, 2018, 10:08:09 PM »

Another week another bad decision. Never ends.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: December 08, 2018, 10:10:48 PM »

I interpret this as you placing the bet post weigh in. Ava trains in the midlands with Carl Greaves so you'd imagine Booth knows what they're getting with him, despite the odds appearing on the short side.

^ like when ZZ was head hunted for Burnett. Tough on paper but they'd sparred before and were confident of getting the win.

Yeah was post weigh in. I thought Kelly looked really poor on the scales.

I’m not a huge fan of Kelly. I think he’s a bit of a show pony who will get exposed when he steps up.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: December 08, 2018, 11:17:43 PM »

Brook been on the powder, not the pads?

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: December 08, 2018, 11:27:37 PM »

I thought Brook coming in at 150 was odd. I can’t for the life of  me understand what he was gaining from that. If he knows he can make 147 then all well and good but not sure what coming in at 150 for a fight at 154 proves.  I’d love to know the real reason behind him leaving Ingle. It definitely wasn’t for the quality of Fewkes’ corner work.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: