blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1144223 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »

Ref was a joke from the start. Confusing verbal instructions when the fighters were in clinches, nothing said about the head going in low time and time again.

Never ever seen a boxer deducted a point for pushing the other guy away like that. Watch any of Lennox Lewis's fights and he did it throughout his career.

Thought it was a good fight, and Khan could have fought a lot more intelligently and made it an easier fight. When he listened to Roach and came out for the 9th I thought the fight was going Khan's way. Maybe his conditioning or stamina needs addressing as he seemed to struggle with that and not just in this fight.

With the point deductions Khan lost a fight he would have won. I'm sure if there's a rematch, it'll be in Vegas, and I would like to think Khan will fight more to his strengths and win relatively comfortably.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2011, 01:07:27 PM »

Fair enough result imo. If your gonna risk taking a fight in the guy's backyard with USA judges and ref you better be able to bops your man out before it gets to the scorecards. Peterson was coming forward throughout which judges in USA like. Thought Khan's hand speed was blistering but never really shook his man after the first round so questions now about chin and power moving up the weights. Think Khan has been over hyped really and he's dreaming if he thinks he can step up and take on Mayweather. Think back exactly 10 years when equally hyped but much better Naz rolled over Kelley in the garden facing all the same disadvantages. Agree that John Coffey taking two points for pushing is quite astonishing but prob unsurprising.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: December 11, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »

Khan has the best coach in the business, but the advisors and management team that he's got are pretty terrible.

Fighting in the challenger's back yard, who thought that'd be a good idea? Having hus previous fights on an obscure PPV channel with single digit viewing figures, talking about moving up weights and fighting x, y and z just before a fight against a tough opponent, having the loser David Haye in the ring with you before the fight, etc.

Problem is Khan is cocooned by people advising him badly, and he's believing their hype. Sort that out, focus on the boxing and the other stuff will take care of itself.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 11, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »

having the loser David Haye in the ring with you before the fight, etc.

To be fair this hasn't done George Groves much harm.

I do agree with your points about his advisors.  Whenever I see the guy that is purported to be his "business manager" he looks like he used to have a corner shop in Bolton and was Khans Dad's mate.  I still think he has the potential to be a very good (top ten p4p) fighter but he has to fight to Roachs orders and just lose this ridiculous arrogance he has.  His hand speed is immense but he hasn't got the power he thinks he has and his chin is still a worry given he was rocked by a powder puff like Petersen.  I think PBF would knock him out at the moment which is saying something.

Anyway now we move onto the most underrated British fighter for years and he is the real deal irrespective of whether he wins this week.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 12, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »

having the loser David Haye in the ring with you before the fight, etc.

To be fair this hasn't done George Groves much harm.

I do agree with your points about his advisors.  Whenever I see the guy that is purported to be his "business manager" he looks like he used to have a corner shop in Bolton and was Khans Dad's mate.  I still think he has the potential to be a very good (top ten p4p) fighter but he has to fight to Roachs orders and just lose this ridiculous arrogance he has.  His hand speed is immense but he hasn't got the power he thinks he has and his chin is still a worry given he was rocked by a powder puff like Petersen.  I think PBF would knock him out at the moment which is saying something.

Anyway now we move onto the most underrated British fighter for years and he is the real deal irrespective of whether he wins this week.

Guessing we are talking about Froch here? Massively agree. Really excited about this wknd as I think Ward is a very good fighter as well. On another note it has been announced Chisora will fight Vitali in Feb. Not a fan of Chisora and i hope this fight shuts all his followers up.

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 12, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »

Chisora lol vs Vitali.. OMG [ ] will be watching that..
Guess that means Haye fight is off.. gtfodailystar
As for Froch yep agree never ducked anybody got to give him credit for that, i guess we'll see just how good his chin is.. This Ward is too cool for school.. Clip on Youtube (Ward vs Froch Stare Down) is worth a watch.. Don't know how to put up on here, sure somebody will..

Satellite King
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 12, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »

Chisora lol vs Vitali.. OMG [ ] will be watching that..
Guess that means Haye fight is off.. gtfodailystar
As for Froch yep agree never ducked anybody got to give him credit for that, i guess we'll see just how good his chin is.. This Ward is too cool for school.. Clip on Youtube (Ward vs Froch Stare Down) is worth a watch.. Don't know how to put up on here, sure somebody will..

At first i thought Ward was being a fanny when they called it off, but after seeing footage of his cut it was pretty bad imo. Froch has mega balls not just about fighting anyone, he will go anywhere. Atlanta will be a tough crowd.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »

Guessing we are talking about Froch here? Massively agree. Really excited about this wknd as I think Ward is a very good fighter as well. On another note it has been announced Chisora will fight Vitali in Feb. Not a fan of Chisora and i hope this fight shuts all his followers up.

Yeah talking about Froch.  Still considering getting a flight up there to watch the fight and there are still tickets available but the missus is moaning it will be cold!!!  As for Chisora, anyone that gets beat by Fury doesn't deserve a crack at a world title imo.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: December 13, 2011, 05:33:59 AM »

I'd criticise Frotch's management team as well.

Here we have a world-class fighter, with charisma, who could have mass appeal - but outside those who watch boxing regularly most people in the country have never heard of him and even fewer have seen him fight.

Seems a shame.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 13, 2011, 12:08:06 PM »

But he's got a stupid accent Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2011, 01:59:12 PM »

I'd criticise Frotch's management team as well.

Here we have a world-class fighter, with charisma, who could have mass appeal - but outside those who watch boxing regularly most people in the country have never heard of him and even fewer have seen him fight.

Seems a shame.

I would blame Khan and Froch themselves. Ultimately they are the employers and they don't need to fight anywhere they don't want to. In the last 3 years Froch has had one home town fight and same with Khan. If these guys chase the $$'s in USA they wont get the acclaim at home they may well warrant. They also wont get the home town decisions both have complained their oppos enjoy. Froch chooses to defend his title vs Kessler in Denmark and Khan his titles vs Peterson in DC.

By comparison how many times have the ultra shrewd Klitschkos fought outside Germany in the last 3 years? They defend their titles in their own backyard. They are both very popular and haven't been shafted on the scorecards. Up to you what trade off you want to make in the sport imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2011, 03:20:55 PM »

Doesn't this whole home advantage make boxing a farce? Surely it shouldn't matter where u fight? If it does it brings the whole integrity of the sport into question.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 13, 2011, 03:59:10 PM »

Doesn't this whole home advantage make boxing a farce? Surely it shouldn't matter where u fight? If it does it brings the whole integrity of the sport into question.
my mate used to box as an amatuer and reckons if you travel to liverpool you have to knock your opponent out just to get a draw on most judges score cards.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:42 PM »

Home advantage in any sport is a big and often unfair advantage isn't it? Watching the football last night, two pretty clear cut penalties, only the one for the home side was awarded. If Luis Suarez dives theatrically in front of the kop that's a nailed on pen.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: