blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:08:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1144082 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 10, 2012, 07:00:55 AM »

I was genuinely in shock when the decision was announced, decent chance this gets overturned ?

Although it obv won't make as much money this could actually result in Manny V Mayweather actually happening since now Pacquiou would have to accept taking less and Floyd will be more confident he'll win.

Manny looked like he left so much in the tank, he clearly won the fight but he'll be regretting that now.
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 10, 2012, 07:12:07 AM »

How can ya land 100 more punches and lose the fight..  Joke

Satellite King
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: June 10, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »

Joke-card:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/garethadavies/100025165/the-official-scorecard-shows-manny-pacquiao-shocking-loss-to-timothy-bradley-in-las-vegas/

Judge C J Ross (115-113 to Bradley) scored it 7-5 in rds to Bradley. He gave rounds 2, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12 to the American; rounds 1, 3, 4, 6 and 9 to Pacquiao.

Judge Duane Ford (115-113 to Bradley) scored it 7-5 in rds to Bradley. He gave rounds 1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 to Bradley; Rds 2, 3, 4, 6 and 11 to Pacquiao.

Judge Jerry Roth (115-113 Pacquiao) scored it 7-5 in rds to Pacquiao. He gave rounds 2, 7, 10, 11, 12 to Bradley; Rds 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 to Pacquiao.

I scored it Rds 1, 10, 11 to Bradley, the rest to Pacquiao – overall 117-111.

Ringside punching statistics showed Pacquiao landing 253 punches to 159 for Bradley, who vowed before the fight to take the title from Pacquiao. The Compubox statistics showed Pacquiao landing more punches in 10 of the 12 rounds.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:12:33 AM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 10, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »

I was genuinely in shock when the decision was announced, decent chance this gets overturned ?

Although it obv won't make as much money this could actually result in Manny V Mayweather actually happening since now Pacquiou would have to accept taking less and Floyd will be more confident he'll win.

Manny looked like he left so much in the tank, he clearly won the fight but he'll be regretting that now.

After Manny's dodgy decision vs Marquez on his last outing? No way this is being overturned.

Bob Arum, the problem with the whole Mayweather Pacquiao fight, has basically screwed Manny for his new cash cow.

Don King > Bob Arum.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 10, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »

Didn't see the fight but if this any way near accurate wtf !

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-boxing-pacquiao-bradley-20120610,0,5355682.story

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 10, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »

I saw a couple of points on some website this morning that made sense to me.

- Unless there is a knockdown, there are very few 10-8 rounds. Even if one boxer dominates the other, he will generally get a 10-9.

- If one guy shades it over the the other, he gets 10-9 as well.

- There are very few drawn rounds (none by any judge in Pacquiao-Bradley). Judges seem to feel that they have to find a winner for each round, even though the difference can be marginal.

- The result is that someone who barely shades several rounds, that were more or less even, can get a decision over someone who pulverised him in the other rounds.

The recommendations were for more recognition of dominant rounds in the scoring and more rounds to be scored as draws if there was little difference in that round.

I haven't seen this fight, so I can't say for certain whether this was partly the cause of the result but, from what I have read, it seems that Pacquiao won the early rounds by a distance and Bradley won several of the later rounds more narrowly, but would have received the same score. (I know he was also given some rounds that people disagreed with, but that is a separate question.)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 10, 2012, 04:02:15 PM »

I really don't think that this fight and the Marquez fight are anywhere near the same. I may be slightly biased as I am a big Manny fan but last nights fight just wasn't even close, don't believe that was the case with Marquez and I thought Pacquaio just shaded that fight but could see why others felt it should've went to Marquez.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: June 10, 2012, 04:56:53 PM »

The judges awarded rounds to Bradley where Pacquiao was the aggressor, landed more punches, landed more meaningful punches, threw more punches, had a higher successful strike rate percentage, backed up Bradley and hurt him.

That's why Bradley got the decision. Utter farce.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #638 on: June 10, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »

LOL - http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/06/10/the-timothy-bradley-manny-pacquiao-rematch-poster-was-already-made-two-weeks-ago/

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 10, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »

It's a fix pure and simple - promoters want to sell a rematch.

The sport is losing credibility, fast.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 10, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »

I really don't think that this fight and the Marquez fight are anywhere near the same. I may be slightly biased as I am a big Manny fan but last nights fight just wasn't even close, don't believe that was the case with Marquez and I thought Pacquaio just shaded that fight but could see why others felt it should've went to Marquez.

I agree with what you're saying Monda, my point is more that the result of each fight was predetermined. The margins of victory were irrelevant.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 11, 2012, 12:23:07 AM »

I agree with what you're saying Monda, my point is more that the result of each fight was predetermined. The margins of victory were irrelevant.

Ah ok, yeah that's probably true, such a joke "sport".
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: June 11, 2012, 01:47:45 AM »

It's a fix pure and simple - promoters want to sell a rematch.

The sport is losing credibility, fast.

So Arum is levelling when he says:
"I'm going to make a lot of money on the rematch, but this [decision] was outrageous." ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18384849

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 22, 2012, 12:57:29 AM »

Seems harsh the result can't be overturned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18434874
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: June 22, 2012, 04:38:52 AM »

Seems harsh the result can't be overturned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18434874

Makes it even more of a joke.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: