blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:30:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1143981 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 15, 2012, 05:32:49 AM »

Wtf. I just don't get that at all. Controlling the fight then bang one punch and his plan goes out the window.  Is he that stupid that he wants to throw away all the skills he has as a boxer and brawl or is his chin that soft that his brain gets mangled the moment he gets tagged.

I can't even see  where his excuses are gonna come from in this fight as he always has them.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 15, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »

Kahn has always had a suspect chin.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 15, 2012, 08:17:27 AM »

Wtf. I just don't get that at all. Controlling the fight then bang one punch and his plan goes out the window.  Is he that stupid that he wants to throw away all the skills he has as a boxer and brawl or is his chin that soft that his brain gets mangled the moment he gets tagged.

I can't even see  where his excuses are gonna come from in this fight as he always has them.

He has always been chinny. He also has ideas way above his station and came a cropper for the second fight in a row. I'm guessing he won't embarrass himself further by talking about a fight with Mayweather ever again. Going the distance with Maidana was the worst thing to happen to Khan as he started to believe he could stand and trade with opponents but he can't. He should have kept the fight at range with a tight defence much like he did against Kotelnik. Had he done that he would have cruised to a wide UD.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 15, 2012, 10:59:58 AM »

Khan looked a class above until he got caught. Not only suspect chin but struggles to recover from damage and has spaghetti legs when shots land. Not sure about the stoppage and this ref always tilts me but clear Khan is lacking a vital ingredient. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 15, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »

Khan looked a class above until he got caught. Not only suspect chin but struggles to recover from damage and has spaghetti legs when shots land. Not sure about the stoppage and this ref always tilts me but clear Khan is lacking a vital ingredient. 

Should have been stopped at the end of the 3rd.  If you are wanting to convince a ref you are fit to continue you stand with your gloves up and look at him. Not stand looking at the canvas with your arms by your sides.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 15, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »

Kahn has always had a suspect chin.

It looks as though he also has a suspect neck.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:26 PM »

Khan could learn a lot from Johnny Nelson. When he started at the Ingle gym he was a terrible boxer by all accounts. He was moulded into a great boxer and managed to win fight after fight without getting hit. Yes, they were pretty boring at times - but I'm sure that Khan wouldn't have minded winning against Garcia in a boring 12-rounder.

Khan isn't a great fighter, he's a great boxer. Against world-class opposition he's no more than an average fighter.

He's got to decide if he wants to be in toe-to-toe brawls, which he'll win some and lose some; or he can choose to box and use his talents and probably win most of his fights, even at world class level.

Unfortunately, I don't think he's ever going to learn though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 15, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »

He's got to decide if he wants to be in toe-to-toe brawls, which he'll win some and lose some; or he can choose to box and use his talents and probably win most of his fights, even at world class level.

Agree with this, technically he is a great boxer, but he is not a great fighter!

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 15, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »

Should have been stopped at the end of the 3rd.  If you are wanting to convince a ref you are fit to continue you stand with your gloves up and look at him. Not stand looking at the canvas with your arms by your sides.

Agree fight should be over at the end of the 3rd, but Bayless gives Khan 20 secs recovery after hitting the canvas when Garcia was ready to finish him off. In that knockdown and the next one Khan's arms were right down by his sides but it was deemd ok to box on. In the last one Khan is looking the ref straight in the eye saying I am alright as he calls it off. Nigel Benn would have lost half the fights he won with Bayless in charge. He dives in to break fighters too much as well.

@Kin, I don't reckon Khan has all the ingredients to be called a great boxer. The first rule of boxing is defend yourself at all times and if you can't absorb single half decent shots you wont be able to do that. He's got some great attributes but lacks some essential skills. It's like saying Theo Walcott is a great footballer. I agree Khan should avoid brawling but he will still get punched in title fights. Must be very frustrating for Roach and Khan.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: July 15, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »

Khan can take shots when he doesn't stand toe-to-toe.  The shots he gets hurt by are shots that really shouldn't land at all. A decent guard or proper use of his feet and he doesn't get hit.  Before he was trained by Roach he was often getting tagged by these shots, but more often than not it was at a lower level by fighters not known for being bangers.  I'd hoped that Roach was helping him step up a level so he would be fighting smarter. Unfortunately, that's not happened.

Like I said, folly Johnny Nelson's example and go out with the game-plan of not getting hit and hitting the other fella enough to win on points (and if you're lucky enough to land some good shots on him, you might even get a stoppage win).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 15, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »

Where to now for Khan (and indeed Garcia)? Hang around 140, where there aren't really many big fights left for either of them or go to 147, where they can improve their exposure, marketability and earning power against some names? Both are likely to struggle badly, though, and get duffed up at that weight, and I don't mean just by those at the very top - there are quite a few decent boxers at that weight who would be likely to take either of them apart.

Best strategy to try to leapfrog the rest for a big payoff against Mayweather or Pacquiao, with always the chance of getting lucky? Presumably the winner of Guerrero-Aydin will have first shot at that.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 15, 2012, 07:59:47 PM »

If Garcia gave a re match Id like to be on Khan at a fancy price
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 16, 2012, 12:04:59 AM »

Won't be a rematch. Khan will move up to 147 now.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 16, 2012, 12:24:34 AM »

If Garcia gave a re match Id like to be on Khan at a fancy price

You wouldn't get any bigger than 6/4 and realistically probably evens.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 16, 2012, 12:37:58 AM »

Khan would be jolly olly

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: