blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138413 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 19, 2012, 07:43:20 AM »

Didn't realise Kahn was only 25, seems a bit mad to suggest he should consider retirement. He desperately needs a reality check as he definitely has some skillz but if he wanted to fight Mayweather for any reason other than a huge payday then he's delusional.

Yer, to fight Mayweather anytime in the next couple of years and his career would be over.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 19, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »

Noticed in Sky he is trying to blame Freddie Roach for his defeat. What a joke because he is basically implying having to play second fiddle to Manny was the reason. Kahn says he has to sit down with his team and discuss what their options are.

Get rid of your Team Amir and listen to every word Freddie tells you. He gets you training and tactics spot on right up to the point where you get tagged and all his time and effort goes out the window. Don't listen to your dad and hangers on because they are clueless.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 19, 2012, 11:29:50 AM »

It's already been said but Freddie wants Khan to come inside, get a couple away and get back out. Khan wants to get inside and beat the guy up.

Freddie's way is easier on Khan because it's low-risk but I get the sense Khan finds it boring; he wants to get KOs and doesn't fancy spending 8 rounds a fight keeping the opponent behind the jab. Perhaps it's a crowd-pleasing thing.

But Khan isn't Ricky Hatton. He can't come inside AND take a punch like Hatton did. He's a much better boxer though. He just doesn't want to use his assets.

If he breaks with Roach, he'll regret it IMO

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 19, 2012, 07:05:18 PM »

Noticed in Sky he is trying to blame Freddie Roach for his defeat. What a joke because he is basically implying having to play second fiddle to Manny was the reason. Kahn says he has to sit down with his team and discuss what their options are.

Get rid of your Team Amir and listen to every word Freddie tells you. He gets you training and tactics spot on right up to the point where you get tagged and all his time and effort goes out the window. Don't listen to your dad and hangers on because they are clueless.

This is not correct Khan said "I was in the ring I took the shot no one else is to blame"

Him moaning that he does not get 100% of Roach attention is correct and he has a right to!99% of boxers fighting for world titles will have there trainers in there camp 100% of the time.Having your trainer there 50% of the time is very bad.Khan is to blame for the loss ,but some blame should go on Roach to.Khan was having the worst sparring ever when Freddy was away  training Manny,so so so wrong
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: July 19, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »

It's already been said but Freddie wants Khan to come inside, get a couple away and get back out. Khan wants to get inside and beat the guy up.

Freddie's way is easier on Khan because it's low-risk but I get the sense Khan finds it boring; he wants to get KOs and doesn't fancy spending 8 rounds a fight keeping the opponent behind the jab. Perhaps it's a crowd-pleasing thing.

But Khan isn't Ricky Hatton. He can't come inside AND take a punch like Hatton did. He's a much better boxer though. He just doesn't want to use his assets.

If he breaks with Roach, he'll regret it IMO

Agree 100%

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 21, 2012, 12:26:56 AM »

The next best thing in boxing...........

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nJ3_fD3zrrQ

Remember the name
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 21, 2012, 12:39:48 AM »

Remember the name

Looks good, didn't make weight for his fight tmoro and got stripped of his belt, seems he doesn't care as he's moving up. 10 1st round knockouts in 23 fights, what a sicko.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 21, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »

Remember the name

Overhyped beyond belief and his antics yesterday were a disgrace.
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 21, 2012, 02:42:29 PM »

Remember the name

lol,you will see

They said the same about Mayweather at this point in his career
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 21, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »

Remember the name

lol,you will see

Maybe I will but thus far he hasn't fought anyone that could be remotely termed as world class. I also saw Ponce De Leon give him a lot of problems. He may turn out to be special but I'll wait until he beats someone of substance before I get carried away.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 21, 2012, 03:54:15 PM »

Remember the name

lol,you will see

Maybe I will but thus far he hasn't fought anyone that could be remotely termed as world class. I also saw Ponce De Leon give him a lot of problems. He may turn out to be special but I'll wait until he beats someone of substance before I get carried away.

This.

Also, a lot of people get compared to Mayweather. Stats say he's an explosive fighter. So was Prince Naseem. Then he went to Vegas...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
demetri1978

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 22, 2012, 12:46:37 AM »

Remember the name

lol,you will see

This.

Also, a lot of people get compared to Mayweather. Stats say he's an explosive fighter. So was Prince Naseem. Then he went to Vegas...

Don't forget buddy Naseem was a top fighter ,only fell short against the elite.Just like Hatton ,they beat everyone else.Which makes them top fighters
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 23, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »

Price V Harrison Oct 13th. Price KO round 2 or 3 for me.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 24, 2012, 01:10:28 AM »

Price V Harrison Oct 13th. Price KO round 2 or 3 for me.

I'll lay you.  What price he knocks him out within a minute?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 24, 2012, 01:29:18 AM »

A-Force. Is he still sponsored by Full Tilt?

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: