blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:34:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1144171 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1035 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:09 AM »

Agree that if Froch is up for it and focused then he should/could win.  Will be a great fight whatever, and the atmosphere should be excellent.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 05, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »

Really want to go and watch this, does anybody know best way to get tickets?
The O2 Arena says sold out already. Fml

Satellite King
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:08 AM »

I got tickets for this weeeeeeee....

Got them inside 6 mins of being on sale, was brutal that wait!

Can't wait.
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 06, 2013, 01:05:29 PM »

From £40 too £180 too sit in the rafters with the pigeons... Sigh Sad

Satellite King
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 06, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »

Sonny Bill Williams v Botha

If this fight is not bent then 6/5 Botha is an great bet.  Before their fight got postponed Sportingbet were the only firm to price it up, they tend not to get much right but I didn't think they were far off with Botha 4/11 and Botha KO  4/5.  Now a few have priced it up and all got SBW as the favourite (they have probably just copied each other), sadly there is no MOV market as yet.  Having seen footage of SBW he looks exactly what he is, a part-time novice.  He is obviously in great shape with decent power but technically he is very raw and a decent fighter would have a field day with him.  Now Botha is old and fat and lost his last 3 but he has fought for the world title multiple times so he knows his way around a boxing ring.  If he has anything left at all this is an easy nights work for him. 

After all that he will probably take a dive and leave me feeling pretty stupid.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »

If this fight is not bent then 6/5 Botha is an great bet.  Before their fight got postponed Sportingbet were the only firm to price it up, they tend not to get much right but I didn't think they were far off with Botha 4/11 and Botha KO  4/5.  Now a few have priced it up and all got SBW as the favourite (they have probably just copied each other), sadly there is no MOV market as yet.  Having seen footage of SBW he looks exactly what he is, a part-time novice.  He is obviously in great shape with decent power but technically he is very raw and a decent fighter would have a field day with him.  Now Botha is old and fat and lost his last 3 but he has fought for the world title multiple times so he knows his way around a boxing ring.  If he has anything left at all this is an easy nights work for him. 

Completely agree with all of that. Smells though, doesn't it?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1041 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »

Sonny Bill Williams is an incredible athlete and a great rugby player.  But you're right - he's not a boxer.  Botha should have more than enough to stop him.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 06, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »

Yeah it is a bit wiffy.  Weigh in tomorrow should give us an indication as to what shape Botha is in, something around the 250lb mark would indicate he is in decentish shape (for him).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 06, 2013, 08:37:55 PM »

Yeah it is a bit wiffy.  Weigh in tomorrow should give us an indication as to what shape Botha is in, something around the 250lb mark would indicate he is in decentish shape (for him).

I'll take the over Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 07, 2013, 07:03:01 AM »

I'll take the over Smiley

254lbs. 21lbs lower than his last fight. Suggests he has taken it seriously.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 07, 2013, 07:09:16 AM »

Blimey.

Price looks even more odd now.

kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »

Botha by KO, TKO or disqual 2/1 @ Three Six 5. Whatcha think, Bazza?

@kpnuts134
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 07, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »

I like.
kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 07, 2013, 09:04:02 PM »

I like.

you has pm

@kpnuts134
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 08, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/boxing-mma/live-coverage-of-the-sonny-bill-williams-francois-botha-boxing-match/story-fndeeomn-1226573817667
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: