blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:44:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1143705 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: February 24, 2013, 12:16:05 AM »

Wow gg Price, when he got up he was shuffling around like a walker from TWD.

Amazing to see the cowardly lion back in action tonight. Why doesn't he actually participate in the sport of his choice though? I mean if you're a darts player you go up to the oche and throw 3 darts, you don't just stand there looking at the board. So Audrey has 3 rounds to impress against a selection of corpses but just stands there doing nothing. That last guy they wheeled in was practically knocked out already. And why does he look so terrified when a punch is thrown in his general direction? Any vague attempt at aggro from his oppo makes Audrey lose control of his limbs. At times he looked like a newborn calf on roller skates in a ring full of marbles. Very com, but come on champ we can do this!!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 24, 2013, 02:33:32 AM »

plenty of good or even great fighters have lost a fight early on in there careers (or more than one)

i have no idea how good he is or could become but one fight does not change a great deal

There have long been suspicions that he didn't have the best set of whiskers due to him being stopped more than once in the amateurs. Basically he hadn't been tagged as a pro until tonight and it didn't go well. That said Wlad was (is) similarly chinny but he was able to hire the services of the great Emmanuel Steward. Sadly that's not an option for Price.  I hope he can rebuild from here but it will be a long road back and he will need to change his style.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 26, 2013, 08:11:37 PM »

Got tickets for the Froch v Kessler fight.

What price would be ok for the fight to go the distance?  Froch to win on points is 5/4.

Seems short to me, any ideas guys?
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 26, 2013, 08:25:10 PM »

Got tickets for the Froch v Kessler fight.

What price would be ok for the fight to go the distance?  Froch to win on points is 5/4.

Seems short to me, any ideas guys?

PP are 4/7 to go distance. I don't think we will see bigger than that.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1069 on: March 27, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »

10:35 tonight on ITV tthere's a programme about Barry McGuigan. Not sure if it's a new one or a repeat of one I've already seen, but if it is the one I've seen then it's excellent.

If it's a new documentary, then even better.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 30, 2013, 01:06:45 PM »

I am going to the Bellew v Chilemba fight tonite in liverpool. I know a few people in the Chilemba camp and they really believe he can win and that this is definately a coin toss!!! This being said I think the 11/5 2/1 price is decent value on an even money contest!

I think it will be a cracker but the speed and movement of Chilemba could be to much for Bellew!!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 30, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »

If Bellew turns up it won't go 6 rounds. If he doesn't turn up he gets a decision Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 30, 2013, 08:27:48 PM »

If Bellew turns up it won't go 6 rounds. If he doesn't turn up he gets a decision Smiley

Let's hope, some good undercards on also... Got the beers in an the laptop on..

#drinkingbeerwinningtokens

Satellite King
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 31, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »

Bellew in a bit of trouble here.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 31, 2013, 12:39:10 AM »

Was Jim Watt watching another fight?

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 31, 2013, 12:43:54 AM »

Commentary was a joke. Bellew hardly landed a meaningful glove on Chilemba.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 31, 2013, 12:49:29 AM »

Commentary was a joke. Bellew hardly landed a meaningful glove on Chilemba.

Watt says he has Bellew by 3, but might be being kind to him Cheesy

I honestly thought that the other guy was going to get the decision, especially given how the 2nd half of the fight played out.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 31, 2013, 12:55:34 AM »

I thought Bellew won it to be honest but he didn't do enough to be too upset at the draw.  The judge who had it for Chilemba by four was watching a different fight to me but I couldn't argue with the other decisions.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 31, 2013, 02:08:32 AM »

I thought Bellew won it to be honest but he didn't do enough to be too upset at the draw.  The judge who had it for Chilemba by four was watching a different fight to me but I couldn't argue with the other decisions.

I had it a draw in the end, but expected Bellew to get it as there wasn't much in a lot of the rounds. Chilemba gave away most of the early rounds by not throwing punches. Had he got out of the traps quicker Bellew would have been in big trouble. Back to the drawing board and will need to come up with a better game plan for the rematch.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 31, 2013, 02:16:55 AM »

I had it a draw in the end, but expected Bellew to get it as there wasn't much in a lot of the rounds. Chilemba gave away most of the early rounds by not throwing punches. Had he got out of the traps quicker Bellew would have been in big trouble. Back to the drawing board and will need to come up with a better game plan for the rematch.

Was strange that the atmosphere in the ring before the cards were read out went sour, like Bellew knew he wasn't getting the decision and I was wondering if they pick anything up from the reactions of the announcer or the judges?

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: